spaceman_spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #167
trailjammer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman_spiff View Post
Here's a pic of the guard on my 690

Thanks for the great pictures Spiff! Awesome! Hope you like it!
-Cain
TJD
Old 03-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #168
trailjammer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

KTM 500 Stator Saver

Have you seen this new product fresh out of our hands? This is the new Trailjammer Designs Stator Saver. It covers the KTM 500 2012-2014 Stator Cover. This is some amazing protection. A lot of you ADVInmates have been asking for this and it's been a long time coming but the quality is top notch. These are all handmade here in San Jose, CA. You don't have to worry about your shifter or a rock getting shoved thru the stator now. Check them out!

Old 03-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #169
trailjammer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Trailjammer Designs will be closed March 14-17th while riding in Ridgecrest.

Orders will resume shipping March 18th. Thanks for being patient while we get our ride on ;)
-Cain
TJD
Old 03-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #170
Drabnor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailjammer View Post
Have you seen this new product fresh out of our hands? This is the new Trailjammer Designs Stator Saver. It covers the KTM 500 2012-2014 Stator Cover. This is some amazing protection. A lot of you ADVInmates have been asking for this and it's been a long time coming but the quality is top notch. These are all handmade here in San Jose, CA. You don't have to worry about your shifter or a rock getting shoved thru the stator now. Check them out!

Make one for the 350!

It would need to have the center cut out...
Old 03-15-2014, 10:33 AM   #171
Dirty in all
Adrenaline Junkie

Oddometer: 168
Happy to get my case savers. Finally got em installed. Quality product! First pic shows where the gear shift slowly eats the stator cover and I've punched a hole in it previously with a get off. The cover stock was a definite weak point.

Installed...

Clutch cover...

Looks awesome as well as functional. Can't thank you enough trailjammer for the clutch side but also filling my need for a stator side.

All communication and service including shipping time was top notch. Not to mention the product!!
Dirty in all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:02 AM   #172
jlemond
King of No0bs

Oddometer: 157
So... I have something embarrassing to admit. In my haste to install my cover last week I went to home depot. Dummies there did not have or know what rtv was. The dummy ask what I needed it cor and I explained, he then handed me some automotive grade, petrol resistant crap. Now here is the embarrassing part. I knew I should have dabbed some of it onto a paper towel before using it, but.... well read on and ill explain. I went ahead and started squeezing it on my TJD Clutch cover and is came gushing out of the tube. Gosh darn crap wasnt silicone based at all. It got all over the cover and the linoleum and it dries quick too. Thank god I didnt get it near my bike. Well I used some natural linoleum cleaner than basically strippes everything off of linoleum that is not supposed to be there. So after having no success with denatured alcohol or mineral spirits I tried it on the cover...BIG mistake. Now my cover is all improperly ruined and looks all hideous. It is heavily sanded down and I need to send it back up to you to have it re-powder coated. All on my dime of course.

Now you all may proceed to laugh and point fingers.
Oh and I bought some black RTV an it is sitting and waiting.
jlemond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #173
trailjammer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlemond View Post
So... I have something embarrassing to admit. In my haste to install my cover last week I went to home depot. Dummies there did not have or know what rtv was. The dummy ask what I needed it cor and I explained, he then handed me some automotive grade, petrol resistant crap. Now here is the embarrassing part. I knew I should have dabbed some of it onto a paper towel before using it, but.... well read on and ill explain. I went ahead and started squeezing it on my TJD Clutch cover and is came gushing out of the tube. Gosh darn crap wasnt silicone based at all. It got all over the cover and the linoleum and it dries quick too. Thank god I didnt get it near my bike. Well I used some natural linoleum cleaner than basically strippes everything off of linoleum that is not supposed to be there. So after having no success with denatured alcohol or mineral spirits I tried it on the cover...BIG mistake. Now my cover is all improperly ruined and looks all hideous. It is heavily sanded down and I need to send it back up to you to have it re-powder coated. All on my dime of course.

Now you all may proceed to laugh and point fingers.
Oh and I bought some black RTV an it is sitting and waiting.
Oh damn Jlemond! Wow. You did a number on that. I can take care of you and your KTM 690 Case Saver. You should've emailed/PM me w/any questions. Any type of silicone adhesive works fine. Clear, Black, high temp red, and some have even used Honda Bond. You can either take it and have it powder coated somewhere near you or feel free to mail it back to me at:
558 Lanfair Circle
San Jose, CA 95136.

I can have it powder coated black again for you for cheap.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #174
trailjammer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

**important install update for ktm 500 stator saver**

For everyone who has ordered or is planning on ordering the '12-'14 KTM 500 Stator Saver, you will need to grind down about 1mm of the backside of the shifter where it rubs the OEM case. It will also rub the Stator Saver and put a little scratch in it. It's and easy fix and you don't have to remove the shifter. Just fold it back and hit it w/a little grinder. Sorry that is not on the install instruction sheet yet.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:03 PM   #175
climberevan
planning the next journey

Oddometer: 311
All of those pretty shiny bikes...

Here's what these look like after they've protected your clutch cover for a few months:

I finally found these after breaking my cover AND inner basket (it was a long push back to the road). To my knowledge TJD is the only one making them for the older 200 motors.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #176
trailjammer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
All of those pretty shiny bikes...

Here's what these look like after they've protected your clutch cover for a few months:

I finally found these after breaking my cover AND inner basket (it was a long push back to the road). To my knowledge TJD is the only one making them for the older 200 motors.
Dang Evan! Now that's what those Nevada ROCKS will do to you! Glad to see it's taking a beating and still allowing you to ride out. That looks about what my other customer's guard was like after he raced the Red Bull Romaniacs race! I'm surprised how it looks 'dented' but doesn't dent the cases. They give and don't 'shear' a hole in them. For the natural finish cases, a scuff pad can 'freshen' them up if you're going for looks. ;) Thanks for sharing!

trailjammer screwed with this post 04-14-2014 at 10:19 AM
trailjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #177
trailjammer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Trailjammer Designs will be closed April 5th-13th while riding in Baja!

Just an FYI to let everyone know. Orders and all communication will continue April 14th. Thanks for understanding! Now go ride!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #178
surferbum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Question case saver for the 2014 KTM 690 Enduro R

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailjammer View Post
Just an FYI to let everyone know. Orders and all communication will continue April 14th. Thanks for understanding! Now go ride!
Does anyone know if Trailjammer Designs makes a case saver for the 2014 KTM 690 Enduro R?
BT2010 - Big Trip 2010 13 days and ...
My Spot WhereAmIriding
surferbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:38 AM   #179
jlemond
King of No0bs

Oddometer: 157
He makes one for 12 and 13. Assuming the 14 is the same then yes. Look up the part number for the 14 case and compare it to the 12 and 13 case part numbers. If they are the same you are in luck.

On another note, the engine is the same other than twin spark. There should be no reason for it to be different.

Also to mods. So sorry about whining, I didnt mean to. Phone's have small screens.
jlemond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #180
trailjammer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferbum View Post
Does anyone know if Trailjammer Designs makes a case saver for the 2014 KTM 690 Enduro R?
Hey Surferbum! Trailjammer Designs is back open and catching up on all orders! It's busy! Thanks for being patient. For fastest communication, hit me up at trailjammer@gmail.com.
I do make the '14 KTM 690 Enduro R Clutch Cover Case Saver. I will PM you also. Natural Finish and Black powder coat or KTM orange powder coat.
Thanks for waiting while we 'got our ride on'. 1,200 miles in Baja was awesome! Now back to getting your bikes protected. ;)