User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM   #1
longhaul747 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Genuine Hooligan 170i Official thread!

I thought I would start an official thread for the upcoming Genuine Hooligan 170i that is set to ship the 1st week of May and arriving at dealers shortly after that. My nearest Genuine dealer expects them if everything is on time to be Tuesday the 13th thru Thursday the 15th. Of coarse it depends on a lot of variables such as when they actually ship and how long it takes the shipping company to get it here. So until they show up nothing is official.

This is the next scooter on my hit list. I have been curious for some time and I like the Zuma like design but a stronger motor. SO far not many official details have come forward. Just last Saturday it went officially live on the Genuine web site. I am still partially reserved but it will probably still happen. One of my concerns is overall size? I am hoping for something a little larger then the Zuma 125. Judging by the pictures released so far I would say its safe to assume it is a little larger. I am also curious about the dashboard? Is it all high tech and cool or is it plain Jane basic? No official photos have been displayed that I have found. However the PGO version of this scooter has a fairly cool dash.

Also have not decided on color. At first it had to be flat black but I think I like the military green.

Price is a bit shocking at $3,399. I know Genuine is pretty highly rated and fit and finish from what I have seen is first rate but this is not a Japanese scooter being put out by the Japanese big 4. So I feel its sort of handicapped. However in the other hand its only a few hundred more then a Zuma 125 and it should be in theory a larger scooter with a bit more comfort and a lot more power. Should be able to run circles around the Zuma 125 at least one that is stock!

Below is the page on the Genuine site. Not much real info yet.

http://www.genuinescooters.com/hooligan.html
longhaul747 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM   #2
Oldenuftaknowbetter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul747 View Post
I thought I would start an official thread for the upcoming Genuine Hooligan 170i that is set to ship the 1st week of May and arriving at dealers shortly after that. My nearest Genuine dealer expects them if everything is on time to be Tuesday the 13th thru Thursday the 15th. Of coarse it depends on a lot of variables such as when they actually ship and how long it takes the shipping company to get it here. So until they show up nothing is official.

This is the next scooter on my hit list. I have been curious for some time and I like the Zuma like design but a stronger motor. SO far not many official details have come forward. Just last Saturday it went officially live on the Genuine web site. I am still partially reserved but it will probably still happen. One of my concerns is overall size? I am hoping for something a little larger then the Zuma 125. Judging by the pictures released so far I would say its safe to assume it is a little larger. I am also curious about the dashboard? Is it all high tech and cool or is it plain Jane basic? No official photos have been displayed that I have found. However the PGO version of this scooter has a fairly cool dash.

Also have not decided on color. At first it had to be flat black but I think I like the military green.

Price is a bit shocking at $3,399. I know Genuine is pretty highly rated and fit and finish from what I have seen is first rate but this is not a Japanese scooter being put out by the Japanese big 4. So I feel its sort of handicapped. However in the other hand its only a few hundred more then a Zuma 125 and it should be in theory a larger scooter with a bit more comfort and a lot more power. Should be able to run circles around the Zuma 125 at least one that is stock!

Below is the page on the Genuine site. Not much real info yet.

http://www.genuinescooters.com/hooligan.html
Msrp on the 2014 Zuma 125 is $3,390 in California. From what I can gather the Hooligan is larger and a little heavier than my Buddy 170i, with 12" wheels, disc brakes front and rear, and dual shock rear suspension vs single on the Buddy.
Oldenuftaknowbetter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM   #3
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,008
I wonder if it has the same engine as the Buddy 170i. It seems to, displacement is exactly the same. I don't see an oil cooler, but it is probably hidden under the bodywork. It is still air cooled.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM   #4
longhaul747 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenuftaknowbetter View Post
Msrp on the 2014 Zuma 125 is $3,390 in California. From what I can gather the Hooligan is larger and a little heavier than my Buddy 170i, with 12" wheels, disc brakes front and rear, and dual shock rear suspension vs single on the Buddy.
Wow so the Hooligan 170i is in fact the same price as the Zuma 125. Hopefully the Hooligan is a bit larger then the Buddy's. Buddy's just look so small however surprisingly once seated they feel just fine.

Just what speed does the Buddy 170 top out at?

According to an early press release its not exactly the same motor. Similar but the Hooligan 170 will have some enhancements. Unknown just what those enhancements will be. I doubt it will be anything mind blowing. Probably the same everything just some tweaking to the fuel map.

Right now I am thinking of parting with the Agility 125 and the Super 8 150. Both carbureted and I did not appreciate the long wait on some very benign parts. Overall great bikes but I won't need them with some of the new stuff I am getting. The Super 8 I will break even on but I will loose 50% on the Agility. I might keep one of them just for the heck of it and be more valuable as a keeper then get nothing for it. I got 3 weeks or whatever to figure it out.
longhaul747 is online now   Reply With Quote