Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #136
BCC
I know better

Oddometer: 7,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anorak View Post
Familiarize yourself with Consumer's Union and their business model. Then take your anti-American anti working man gibberish, fold it so it's all corners and shove it up your food exit.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #137
groop
So much to ponder

Oddometer: 3,046
I went to the LA auto show Sunday to look at new trucks. While in the Chevy area I sat in the Volt, and as much as I didn't want to like it, I did. I tend to buy new and keep cars for many years. No doubt in my mind that CA fuel prices will skyrocket again, making this car an even more attractive option
Old 12-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #138
Bokononist

Oddometer: 16,372
Quote:
Familiarize yourself with Consumer's Union and their business model. Then take your anti-American anti working man gibberish, fold it so it's all corners and shove it up your food exit.

42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:43 AM   #139
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,118
Quote:
food doesn't exit anywhere unless you're sick. that's a waste orifice. have you confused it for other things too ?

anti-american... hmm, nope, didn't say that....
anti-working man... nope again...

if you wanna come clean, link to (or copy paste) an article that's cool, but driving folks to subscription based stuff is lame.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #140
MrBob
Jambo!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
food doesn't exit anywhere unless you're sick. that's a waste orifice. have you confused it for other things too ?
When you get to middle school they teach capitalization. Stick with it bubba, it's worth it.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #141
Anorak OP
Woolf Barnato

Oddometer: 32,454
Quote:

anti-american... hmm, nope, didn't say that....
anti-working man... nope again...

if you wanna come clean, link to (or copy paste) an article that's cool, but driving folks to subscription based stuff is lame.
I was politely telling you to shove it up your ass but that kind of language is in poor taste in this forum.

"they live off the carrion of our mutual distrust and bribe us with symbols that equate hatred with manhood."

"I mean at the end of the day, I was addicted to Starting Fluid for Christ's sake!"

"Yeah, that guy sure is terrible at touching moms"
Anorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #142
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,909
Quote:
I was politely telling you to shove it up your ass but that kind of language is in poor taste in this forum.
I'm not sure why you are getting so worked up. I konw it's your thread, but he DID post spam. #9 of the Big Rules.

Back to the Volt, I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the last GM product I bought, about 24 years ago. Yes it was that bad. I saw a car the other day and thought, that looks cool! What is that? It was a Volt. That thing look much better in person than in photos.
1988 DT50
"Daddy, it's five o'clock sometime!"
Dave in Wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #143
MrBob
Jambo!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wi View Post
I'm not sure why you are getting so worked up. I konw it's your thread, but he DID post spam. #9 of the Big Rules.
It wasn't deliberate.
The link is gone.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #144
Anorak OP
Woolf Barnato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker View Post
Shutup noob. Consumer's Union is a nonprofit.
They buy all their test vehicles retail,too.

"they live off the carrion of our mutual distrust and bribe us with symbols that equate hatred with manhood."

"I mean at the end of the day, I was addicted to Starting Fluid for Christ's sake!"

Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #145
Tweaker

Oddometer: 9,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wi View Post
Shutup noob. It is not against Rule #9. Read it slowly next time. And Consumer's Union is a nonprofit.
Tweaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #146
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
this is the sarcastic part:
no way ! realllllly ?

here's the learning part:

a discussion needs points and counterpoints. expect to be wrong (I am, a lot!) and learn more interesting things, along with other peoples perspectives and experiences. its fun !

a name calling argument is mostly a waste of time and resources. seeing the winter months coming and holidays, I'd expect more of them, but usually look for the facts n stuff instead.

if you want to discuss things, cool. otherwise, I'll skip the capitalization some more, but continue the punctuation for the rest of the crowds' sake.

also, why ya so worked up homie ?
Old 12-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #147
Anorak OP
Woolf Barnato

Quote:
this is the sarcastic part:
no way ! realllllly ?

here's the learning part:

a discussion needs points and counterpoints. expect to be wrong (I am, a lot!) and learn more interesting things, along with other peoples perspectives and experiences. its fun !

a name calling argument is mostly a waste of time and resources. seeing the winter months coming and holidays, I'd expect more of them, but usually look for the facts n stuff instead.

if you want to discuss things, cool. otherwise, I'll skip the capitalization some more, but continue the punctuation for the rest of the crowds' sake.

also, why ya so worked up homie ?
You entered this thread by bitching about a post. Go exercise your right to work.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #148
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Good idea! Ba bye!

ohgood screwed with this post 12-05-2012 at 02:22 PM
ohgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #149
Crisis management
Latte riders FTW!

Oddometer: 1,405
How much are these things in the US? I was reading a local review (it's called the Holden Volt over here, Holden = Aussie GM) and while it mirrored a lot of the comments in this thread albeit without the analysis, hair pulling etc it shows and on the road cost here of $89,000 (that's $73,000 in your money). Fuck me that's a lot, my wifes' 2009 Peugot 308 cost us $35k new, the review mentioned it would take 500,000kms to recover the purchase price compared to a Toyota Corolla without allowing for a 10 year battery pack replacemnent at $20,000.

Somehow I can't see these taking off over here.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #150
Anorak OP
Woolf Barnato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis management View Post
How much are these things in the US? I was reading a local review (it's called the Holden Volt over here, Holden = Aussie GM) and while it mirrored a lot of the comments in this thread albeit without the analysis, hair pulling etc it shows and on the road cost here of $89,000 (that's $73,000 in your money). Fuck me that's a lot, my wifes' 2009 Peugot 308 cost us $35k new, the review mentioned it would take 500,000kms to recover the purchase price compared to a Toyota Corolla without allowing for a 10 year battery pack replacemnent at $20,000.

Somehow I can't see these taking off over here.
Depending on options, they sticker at $39k-$46k. There is a Federal $7500 tax incentive and California adds another $2,500. The price is negotiable at the dealer as well. They're selling pretty well in the S.F. Bay Area.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: