Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #1531
Killboy
Wait, what?

Oddometer: 92
Just fitted a few things to my baby. Still have to put a switched relay system in for the power, got some bits arriving soon.

Before: Always start with a clean bike.

New MRA Vario Touring Screen
Garmin Zumo 340 GPS plumbed in.
R&G Rear Hugger
2amp USB Charge Ports

The USB powers - round thing on the handle bars

GPS Mounted with Ram mounts and bolted to the Tiger's cluster plate

Heat Shielded with the ducting, and run under the tank. Had to extend both the GPS and the USB Ports cabling.

Finished mount, with base of windscreen.

Its a bit tight on the GPS brackets with the touring screen.

Finished:

Old 08-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #1532
Higgs Boson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
just wanted to weigh in on the Leo can / arrow tune discussion.....

I have a 2013 tiger 800 abs roadie with a Leo carbon slip on with the baffle in.
initially had the baffle out but it is retarded loud and I own a ducati 1199 with termi exhaust. that is loud but the tiger wide open made me want to tear off my skin and run away to the mountains. way too loud.

anyways, the bike came with the 20634 map. I ran the Leo can with the 20652 and then the 20650 (arrow map). the bike runs way better with the arrow map and does not exhibit any loss in mpg.

however, I copied all the spark timing tables over from 20652 because 20650 has like way lower timing man.....probably why people get terrible mileage from it.

so what works perfect is the arrow tune with the stock timing values, IMO. also, I run it with premium so there should be no issue with preignition plus it is 100 degrees here. when I have some time I will properly calibrate the fuel and timing maps, which will probably be never.

give it a try.
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #1533
Cabriolet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
calling all sparky types

Hi guys, I am after some pointers.

I want to fit some additional lights up front of my 800 XC. Only because I have the Hepco and Becker upper tank bars and they are pre-drilled to accept lights of some sort.
I have a pair of small lights. Made my the company Ring, they are called Micro Cruise lights.
The look the same as the once sold by Hepco and Becker to compliment the bars but these were a lot cheaper....

I want to wire them into the bike main beam circuit, but I don't want an additional switch anywhere (I have enough crap bolted to the bars as it is) I cant see any reason where I have main beam selected, but don't want that much light?

Anyway I don't want to chop or solder any wires. I want to find an original OEM wiring break point and plug a home made loom in-line, which I can use to throw a relay to power the lights.

My question is,
Has anyone identified a plug and socket that main beam power (or signal) travels through?
What type of connectors are they? I will have to buy a male and female.

or is it up to me to track this down, I guess I need to dig around under the tank?
I didn't want to have to lift the tank, just to find out which parts to order, then have to remove the tank again to fit them.
Cabriolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #1534
Cabriolet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killboy View Post

GPS Mounted with Ram mounts and bolted to the Tiger's cluster plate

I see you have the Zumo mounted centrally. What are the plans for the Triumph left hand mirror mounted sat-nav bracket? is it going spare? is it going cheap? I have been trying to keep my eye out for one on ebay...
Cabriolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #1535
klinquist
übergeek

Oddometer: 1,081
Cabriolet, I bought all the parts for the OEM foglights - minus the foglights themselves. Wiring harness, relay, switch. Have ADVMonster model 60 LEDs on SWMotech light brackets. My wiring connectors that plug into the OEM harness (ordered from the UK) will hopefully arrive today or tomorrow and I'll post pictures.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #1536
Killboy
Wait, what?

Oddometer: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabriolet View Post
I see you have the Zumo mounted centrally. What are the plans for the Triumph left hand mirror mounted sat-nav bracket? is it going spare? is it going cheap? I have been trying to keep my eye out for one on ebay...
I'm a little confused about whether to pull it off or keep it. If I was keeping it, I'd mount a holder for my phone. Will get back to you on that.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #1537
klinquist
übergeek

Ok, I got my ADVMonsters installed on SWMotech mounts with the OEM harness.

I'll get some more pictures tonight. Holy fffuuu these things are bright.

Also - anybody know where I can get a 1:18 scale LeoVince Carbon?

Old 08-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #1538
SPX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0y02369 View Post
This could be the wrong place to post this, but i was wondering the price range you guys got the 800 XCs for out the door. I was quote for 13400 with a 500 gift card for accessories and/or services...

Is that what you guys got em around?
2012 Tiger 800XC, bought in San Diego in November 2012. $12,400 OTD.
SPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #1539
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinquist View Post
Ok, I got my ADVMonsters installed on SWMotech mounts with the OEM harness.

I'll get some more pictures tonight. Holy fffuuu these things are bright.

Izzat a model 44 or 60? Running or high beam? Bother oncoming traffic? How is side illumination?

As you can tell I'm looking for lights... Looking for running lights that light up the side of the road. Most think the Triumph ones are good, I'm leaning there but want to look at the options.
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #1540
klinquist
übergeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRider803 View Post
Izzat a model 44 or 60? Running or high beam? Bother oncoming traffic? How is side illumination?

As you can tell I'm looking for lights... Looking for running lights that light up the side of the road. Most think the Triumph ones are good, I'm leaning there but want to look at the options.
60s. They're on the OEM fog light switch so they don't come on automatically.

They will likely blind oncoming traffic, I will use them in conjunction with high beams. I ride lots of dark mountain roads with little traffic.

They are a wide beam, not spot - so they should illuminate the side quite well. Stay tuned for some pictures once sunset hits here in California tonight :).
Old 08-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #1541
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
60s. They're on the OEM fog light switch so they don't come on automatically.

They will likely blind oncoming traffic, I will use them in conjunction with high beams. I ride lots of dark mountain roads with little traffic.

They are a wide beam, not spot - so they should illuminate the side quite well. Stay tuned for some pictures once sunset hits here in California tonight :).
Thank you. I used to be there, but now here. +3
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #1542
klinquist
übergeek

Also thought I'd like to mention that this Bike Master tire repair kit ($32 on Amazon) fits snugly under the pillion seat. For tube and tubeless tires (includes "sticky rope" and tube patches) along with CO2 cartridges.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #1543
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,573
Quote:
Also thought I'd like to mention that this Bike Master tire repair kit ($32 on Amazon) fits snugly under the pillion seat. For tube and tubeless tires (includes "sticky rope" and tube patches) along with CO2 cartridges.

Consider getting a 12V pump as well. You'll be lucky if the 4 carts fill up a rear tire. They can be fiddly.
browneye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #1544
klinquist
übergeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Consider getting a 12V pump as well. You'll be lucky if the 4 carts fill up a rear tire. They can be fiddly.
In my experience 3-4 will easily get you to ~15PSI, enough to slowly limp to more air.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #1545
klinquist
übergeek

New LEDs!