Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #166
AlphaDogDaddy
AlphaDogDaddy

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
I'm really liking my Triumph Adventure Tank Bag... it is large, expandable to friggin HUGE and has great features and design...

I went with the city bag which is great for basics, like, registration & insurance stuff, glasses, iPhone, 9mm, gloves, camera, inReach, maps, sun screen, rain cover, etc.
AlphaDogDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #167
live2ridetahoe
RN

Oddometer: 1,089
Awesome idea for a thread. Got some time off this week to post with photos. Will check in soon.

JG
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #168
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,813
Here ya go Doofenshmirtz. Don't know what happened to your foot peg thread, but here's my solution. Cost me $20 for the extensions plus I threw my welder buddy some cash. These work great.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #169
Xcountry-Rider OP
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
Here ya go Doofenshmirtz. Don't know what happened to your foot peg thread, but here's my solution. Cost me $20 for the extensions plus I threw my welder buddy some cash. These work great.
Hey thats pretty awesome where did you get the extensions?
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #170
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz View Post
Hey thats pretty awesome where did you get the extensions?
Those are the Works Connection foot peg Wideners. Got them from MC Superstore.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #171
Smopho
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Install instructions for Triumph branded Farkles.

A good Reference for potential farklers using factory parts is this website with the installation instructions for all the Triumph accessory parts: http://triumphinstructions.com/
Smopho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #172
Xcountry-Rider OP
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
Those are the Works Connection foot peg Wideners. Got them from MC Superstore.
Interesting now need to find a welder :) What size did you get?

Works Connection Weld-On Footpeg Wideners from Eric Phipps on Vimeo.

Xcountry-Rider screwed with this post 11-19-2012 at 07:28 PM
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #173
kion
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
Wolfman Tank bag

I got my tiger for 2 weeks now and so far I love it.

2012-11-11_14-12-09_463

Now I need a tank bag at least to carry small stuff. I have a Wolfman Denali that I use on my 650gs and I,ve seen someone here using a Wolfman Rainier on his XC, witch is the newer version of Denali. Now I need another set of mounting harnesses. I have a trashed Wolfman saddlebag laying around, cut all the straps, buckles and made myself another set of harnesses. The tank bag fits really nice and tight.
2012-11-22_14-57-46_308
2012-11-22_14-59-25_395
2012-11-22_14-59-19_287
2012-11-22_14-59-07_552
2012-11-22_14-58-56_422
2012-11-22_14-58-43_227

Now if I want to fill up, I don't have to take it off the bike, just loosen up the front buckles , pull it back and expose the gas cap. Tested it and works great.

2012-11-22_15-52-45_812

kion screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 08:17 PM
kion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #174
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,372
[QUOTE=fullmonte;20079624]Here ya go Doofenshmirtz. Don't know what happened to your foot peg thread, but here's my solution. Cost me $20 for the extensions plus I threw my welder buddy some cash. These work great.
/QUOTE]

It got merged by a moderator.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:24 AM   #175
motosickle2000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Blew the fuse on my heated grips last night. Home this isn't a repetitive problem. Gonna get some more spare fuses, just in case.
Check where the heated grips wires thread through the bars. I managed to pinch the wire on the clutch side when I adjusted the position of the clutch lever bracket. When I tightened it down - it pinched the wire causing it to intermittently blow the fuse.
motosickle2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #176
bsupak
n00b

Oddometer: 4
New levers

Dr. Doofenshmirtz and I were working on bikes this weekend and we were talking about crap OEM handguards and broken levers. I showed him my collapsible levers and he suggested I post them here under farkles. These are the ones I went with :

http://shop.the2wheels.com/CNC-Foldi...et-Triumph.htm

They bend upward during a drop and can be extended out, I thought they would collapse down to a two finger grip but fully collapsed they are still a four finger grab. My only real complaint was that the bolts started backing out after a few miles. I got a couple of new bolts and used loctite on all the rest and they have been great for the past 4000 miles.

Bryan
bsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #177
yukonjon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
^^^^Hmmmm. Pretty cheap compared to some levers. Might have to try them just because. Do they fit with the OEM hand guards or do you leave them in the "collapsed position"?
yukonjon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #178
bsupak
n00b

Oddometer: 4
They fit in the collapsed position with OEM handguards. I think you can extend them about halfway out before they start to hit.

B
bsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:31 AM   #179
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 651
Quote:
Okay, who has factory heated grips? They warned me that left grip will feel warmer "cause right grip has throttle tube in it"... so the element is under the tube and not over it? Is that right?

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
I have them and i think the right one is warmer. I figured the left one did not get as hot since the heat was sinking into the handle bar and the right one was hotter since the throttle tube can build up more heat since it is not in good contact with the bar.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #180
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
I have them and i think the right one is warmer. I figured the left one did not get as hot since the heat was sinking into the handle bar and the right one was hotter since the throttle tube can build up more heat since it is not in good contact with the bar.

My right guard was not working. The lead shorted, blew the fuse and when I replaced the fuse, only the left was working. Dealer found problem and ordered me a new set... a week and a half ago... still not here.
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote