Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #1906
Dubl-A
DS Junkie

Oddometer: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dog View Post
On this subject line. Has anyone ever run the tank bone dry. I wonder how much it actually holds on a normal fill up.

Yup, and DID NOT have a drop of gas in my newly installed aux tank. Had to bum a ride with a harley rider (He was cool, but had to sit bitch)

It took the whole 5 gal even after I put some in to get to the gas station

On the road (under 80mph) I get around 230-250 a tank
Over 80MPH and I only get about 200
Dubl-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #1907
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
Make sure you have the latest Ecu updates. There were some improvements to the fuel guage display. That being said, I go 200+ miles on my Roadie and never put more than 4.3 gallons in, so there's probably about a gallon left.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I just got mine a couple weeks back... should i still check the update? And if so, could you direct me to a source where i can learn how to do it please and thank you!

Thanks for all the replies fellas! I am it isn't just me then. I do want to try and drain the tank bone dry one of these days... just carry with me some extra fuel and drive till it dies just out of curiosity...

I do also think that the light turning on between60-80 left is absolutely ridiculous... i agree with MotoTex.... it should be around 40 miles left... oh well though, now i know i guess.
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #1908
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Triumph OEM Fog Lights

Here is the short video i made for the show of the fog lights. After looking at the video myself is really doesn't show the actual difference as much as in person, but i think these are fantastic! The only thing i might chance in the near future is find a way to mount them to the forks, so that when i turn, so do the lights... thoughts on this idea??

Anyway, here is it!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #1909
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0y02369 View Post
I just got mine a couple weeks back... should i still check the update? And if so, could you direct me to a source where i can learn how to do it please and thank you!
www.tuneecu.com
Old 10-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #1910
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Thank you kind sir! Would it best just to bring this to the dealer and have them do it or do they not deal with this kind of stuff??
I'm just afraid to do something wrong and break her lol
Old 10-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #1911
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,513
Quote:
Thank you kind sir! Would it best just to bring this to the dealer and have them do it or do they not deal with this kind of stuff??
I'm just afraid to do something wrong and break her lol
A dealer SHOULD certainly know how to update the ECU map.

That being said, I've done my own updating five times without a hitch. I won't say it's foolproof, but if you follow a few precautions, outlined by the instructions, there is very little chance you can do any damage.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #1912
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,678
Quote:
I just got mine a couple weeks back... should i still check the update?...
The dealer should have checked that all service bulletins and updates were addressed as part of the prep before you picked up the bike. Whether they did or not....well.... They should also do this whenever you bring it in for service. Did you have your first service done yet?

Since it was mentioned that the fuel light comes on 'early', I also want to say that mine doesn't start coming on until <50 miles, but again, I have the Roadie and don't do much off-road, so maybe I'm a bit more 'predictable' by the computer, so it doesn't feel I need the early warning?
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #1913
btao
Pwned

Oddometer: 1,005
Quote:
Here is the short video i made for the show of the fog lights. After looking at the video myself is really doesn't show the actual difference as much as in person, but i think these are fantastic! The only thing i might chance in the near future is find a way to mount them to the forks, so that when i turn, so do the lights... thoughts on this idea??

Anyway, here is it!
Wow, that's fantastic... I like your idea too, as long as they cleared everything and didn't hit stuff. I would like a nice spot light mounted to the mud guard for cornering too. I live in the woods where it's windy roads and full of deer...
btao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #1914
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
A dealer SHOULD certainly know how to update the ECU map.

That being said, I've done my own updating five times without a hitch. I won't say it's foolproof, but if you follow a few precautions, outlined by the instructions, there is very little chance you can do any damage.
Ok then i will probably just do it myself. I am pretty tech savvy and good at following directions so i will make this my project for next weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
The dealer should have checked that all service bulletins and updates were addressed as part of the prep before you picked up the bike. Whether they did or not....well.... They should also do this whenever you bring it in for service. Did you have your first service done yet?

Since it was mentioned that the fuel light comes on 'early', I also want to say that mine doesn't start coming on until <50 miles, but again, I have the Roadie and don't do much off-road, so maybe I'm a bit more 'predictable' by the computer, so it doesn't feel I need the early warning?
Yeah well when i brought it for a small oil leak, they did a shit job and made the issue worst so i just ended up doing myself and it stipped leaking... So i doubt they did anything. I will call them jus to be sure, and if the update came August, maybe they just didn't do it since i took the last XC off the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btao View Post
Wow, that's fantastic... I like your idea too, as long as they cleared everything and didn't hit stuff. I would like a nice spot light mounted to the mud guard for cornering too. I live in the woods where it's windy roads and full of deer...
They really are! I love them! Yeah i was thinking of laying the bike down on the grass or something and see if there is anywhere on the fork which is protected properly with it laid down. If all else fails, i will just get a cheaper pair and rig them into the same line as the OEM fog lights relay. if i lay the bike down and break some $40 lights i won't be as upset as the OEM.

I saw a BMW with the OEM fog lights and some cheaper ones on the forks, so i might just try to find a way to do that too.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #1915
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Hey fellas.
Sorry for possibly repeating a questin but I'm away from my computer and can't search the thread on my phone.

What are you guys using for hand guards? I remember a lot of you using bark busters. How is the protection from those? It's ~45 here and I got new danise gloves but my hands are atill freezing. So I'm thinking about hand guards resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #1916
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,940
I've used Bark Busters down to 27 deg. F. They help a lot. But what you really may need is a good set of heated grips.

Quote:
Hey fellas.
Sorry for possibly repeating a questin but I'm away from my computer and can't search the thread on my phone.

What are you guys using for hand guards? I remember a lot of you using bark busters. How is the protection from those? It's ~45 here and I got new danise gloves but my hands are atill freezing. So I'm thinking about hand guards resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance.

"
Adventure is worthwhile." ~ Aristotle
Airhead #14449
WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #1917
Dubl-A
DS Junkie

Quote:
Hey fellas.

Thanks in advance.

Guards have rarely made any difference for me. I made some muffs similar to this. Work great when you want to wear regular gloves. I also use heated gloves but keep these handy for really cold riding

Old 10-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #1918
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,227
Quote:
While hand guards deflect some of the windblast, they're not going to be as good as Hippo Hands and the like, especially if you have a heat source inside. Also, heated gloves work much better than heated grips, as the gloves warm the whole hand. With heated grips, the top of your hand will freeze. I have heated grips and gloves, plus handguards. When it gets cold, I always go with heated gloves.

ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #1919
Dubl-A
DS Junkie

These are the gloves I use with a built in controller, all you need is power run to them. So simple!

Old 10-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #1920
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WU7X View Post
I've used Bark Busters down to 27 deg. F. They help a lot. But what you really may need is a good set of heated grips.
Yeah i was going to get grips but my hands are easily cold so i am probably just going to go with heated gloves i guess. Thank you though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubl-A View Post
Guards have rarely made any difference for me. I made some muffs similar to this. Work great when you want to wear regular gloves. I also use heated gloves but keep these handy for really cold riding
I saw those in Europe but never saw them here until now! I always wondered how they well they work. Good to know that they work well! Might consider these for the really cold days. I live near SF so it doesn't get THAT cold but ya never know! Thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
While hand guards deflect some of the windblast, they're not going to be as good as Hippo Hands and the like, especially if you have a heat source inside. Also, heated gloves work much better than heated grips, as the gloves warm the whole hand. With heated grips, the top of your hand will freeze. I have heated grips and gloves, plus handguards. When it gets cold, I always go with heated gloves.
Yeah the hippo hand guards look really good for wind protection! I may consider these as well then and heated gloves. Thanks for the reply!

If i get heated gloves, would you guys think it's enough without the handguards or should i get those too?