Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #106
Xcountry-Rider OP
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphish View Post
Doc D - Thanks for the tutorial. VERY helpful. Do any of those after market handguards appear to accomodate a Kaoko throttle control. seems Touratech would (with less protection?) but not sure about the others. Trade offs I suppose - but use my Kaoko quite a bit on the long rides. Thanks, j
I really have no idea.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #107
advtenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
After 150 miles, I'm probably gonna be looking for some of these...

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
Yup...get some time in the seat without them first....and Rocky Mtn ATV has great prices on the rox...like about $80 bucks when i got mine.

Be careful whe you install them.. The clutch cable gets streached a little tight when locking the steering.

"My body thinks my brains gone crazy" ..........Corky McMillian
advtenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #108
phillipsrog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Cycra handguards work

The fit isn't perfect. It takes some pretty substantial spacers and the clamps don't mate perfectly with the bars, but it's an option.
phillipsrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #109
Xcountry-Rider OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
I made the pictures!

Just FYI the Acerbis set up that I have is not just the straight acerbis rally pro guards. I also have the added wind protection spoiler that attaches to the top. And there are several versions of Acerbis.

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/se...segment=badger

there is also many other kinds of hand guards. this is only a tip of the ice berg.
Looks like all of them are just a plastic spoilers without a metal/aluminum spine. Am i missing something?
Old 11-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #110
Xcountry-Rider OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
As promised - photo with Triumph OEM bars + Touratech tank/rad bars in black

That actually looks really sharp. Can we get more pics from different angles? You know this triumph frame guard would look really awesome with that as well. It goes for about $90 US.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #111
Xcountry-Rider OP
Banned

I was on my way to work this morning on the freeway using my mirrors of course to switch lanes and was thinking about these mirrors. How good are they? Seems like my glove would be in the way of seeing them and could be a bit of a safety concern. Anyone have them? Are they big enough?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:38 AM   #112
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,266
Is the Speedo on the Tiger pretty accurate? I know my Wee was WAY off and my KLR is a little off, but on the KLR I didn't have to worry about tickets much. But on the Tiger... Better make sure it is accurate!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:26 AM   #113
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,928
Quote:
Is the Speedo on the Tiger pretty accurate? I know my Wee was WAY off and my KLR is a little off, but on the KLR I didn't have to worry about tickets much. But on the Tiger... Better make sure it is accurate!
Its about 2-3 mph optimistic with the stock countershaft sprocket. With the 15tooth, more like 6-8mph. I keep the gps on the bars for speed accuracy.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #114
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,266
I don't have GPS mounted so figured I'd better check. Thanks!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #115
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz View Post

I was on my way to work this morning on the freeway using my mirrors of course to switch lanes and was thinking about these mirrors. How good are they? Seems like my glove would be in the way of seeing them and could be a bit of a safety concern. Anyone have them? Are they big enough?
I have the HDB setup and absolutely love the mirrors. Once I got used to them, (which really meant adjusting where I point my eyeballs) I found they are actually better than the stock mirrors for the wider field of view and utility. If you lanesplit, they might be a little wide, but that's of no concern for me.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #116
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
Its about 2-3 mph optimistic with the stock countershaft sprocket. With the 15tooth, more like 6-8mph. I keep the gps on the bars for speed accuracy.
That's only for non-ABS. ABS Tigers use the ABS for the speed sensor so you don't get any difference with sprocket changes.

BW, at 80mph on the speedo you are going about 76mph on the GPS.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #117
TABR
Lost Again

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
I have the HDB setup and absolutely love the mirrors. Once I got used to them, (which really meant adjusting where I point my eyeballs) I found they are actually better than the stock mirrors for the wider field of view and utility. If you lanesplit, they might be a little wide, but that's of no concern for me.
Exellent thread, the stock hand gaurds really won't protect your lever ends from snapping off this happened to me a week after I had my bike(clutch lever). After veiwing this I just have to choose which ones to get.
TABR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #118
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz View Post
Looks like all of them are just a plastic spoilers without a metal/aluminum spine. Am i missing something?
yes, click on the link. there is an entire different part that is attached to the top of the hand guards. I'll see if I can dig up a better pic to explain...

another link of the exact part...http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/AC...SPOILERS-BLACK
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #119
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
yes, click on the link. there is an entire different part that is attached to the top of the hand guards. I'll see if I can dig up a better pic to explain...

another link of the exact part...http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/AC...SPOILERS-BLACK
here you go. its an old pic but you can see the lip on the top of the hand guards attached from the back...

fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #120
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
I don't have GPS mounted so figured I'd better check. Thanks!
The ABS models are not affected by changing the sprockets due to the loaction of the speed sensor. Compared to my GPS I am about 4 MPH slower on the Tiger speedo.