User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
mathews42 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
Autocom to 3.5 MM lead conversion.

I recently bought a Helmet from another inmate that came with a autocom headset with a 7 Pin lead. Lucky for me the helmet was a size too small and I got it at a great price. My Question is can I cut and splice the lead to a 3.5 MM jack and have my music flow through it? It would be even better if the post I bought allowed to use the talk function as well. Anyone done this? Or am I better off spending a few hundred to wire up the bike.

I have a BMW Nav IV system but can do without the turn by turn and my lady rarely rides with me.

The other option was to get a SRC-S for the new Schuberth I bought. I had the SRC in the C3 I had before this. I liked the SRC but hated the C-3 helmet.
Beads in the headlight a Flying Aga Tale by Isabel Dyson I met these two travelers on their Journey from the UK to Alaska and through South America on a 1979 BMW R100RS. Their book is now on Amazon for Kindle.
mathews42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
Drumhawk
Lurker

Oddometer: 15
Need more info....are you saying that you do not currently have an Autocom? If not, I would remove the Autocom loom and sell it to another inmate. If you do have an Autocom, they do make headset looms with 3.5mm jacks and they also have the 7 pin extension cable with a 3.5mm jack built in to it.
Drumhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
mathews42 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I don't have a autocom system. I'd rather not buy one if I could get the headset to work. I'm aware of the extentions with the 3.5 built in and am still weighing the options. I might just remove the headset and go with some in ear monitors.

I founda guy at a hearing aid shop that is going to build me some custom molded headphones at a fraction of the cost of the Sensaphonic headphones. Should reduce noice about 20-30 dB.
Beads in the headlight a Flying Aga Tale by Isabel Dyson I met these two travelers on their Journey from the UK to Alaska and through South America on a 1979 BMW R100RS. Their book is now on Amazon for Kindle.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
Drumhawk
Lurker

Oddometer: 15
Amazing coincidence.......I was browsing an Aerostitch catalog and saw this

http://www.aerostich.com/intercom-system-adapter.html

never knew it existed. It's a good day when I learn something new
Drumhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
mathews42 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

kick ass!!!!! Thank you!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
mathews42 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm not sure they will line up

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #7
Maggot12
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer: 2,857
The part linked above is the same as your helmet. You'll need the helmet extension cable to make it work in this particular case.

You can cut up your headset to make it work. But that would be a shame to wreck a good autocom headset. I think you'd be better off selling the helmet headset.

I have 2 autocom headsets and can certainly use another.. just sayin'

Don't sweat the petty things; Pet the sweaty things !!!
Maggot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
mathews42 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

If you are interested in the headset shoot me an offer. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2