ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #91
Pork-Chop Express
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Pork-Chop Express's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Northern VA
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by withiam View Post
But the question remains. What's the MSRP? I say north of $15000 USD.
I'm sure they'll try to keep the price competitive with the V4 Tuono which should put it between $14K and $15K. Who knows if it will even hit the States for 2014 though.
Pork-Chop Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #92
Croak
Studly Adventurer
 
Croak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC/Is-Swieqi, Malta
Oddometer: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork-Chop Express View Post
I'm sure they'll try to keep the price competitive with the V4 Tuono which should put it between $14K and $15K. Who knows if it will even hit the States for 2014 though.
I don't think they'll try to compete with Aprilia on price on the Tuono's 5 year old RSV4-based engine, chassis and electronics platform at first. It'll likely be priced closer to the Ducati Streetfighter S.

Good news for Aprilia fans, this might prompt a release of a Tuono V4 Factory, or a semi-active suspension version.
__________________
2003 Aprilia Tuono
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2013 Kymco Agility City 200i
Croak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:38 AM   #93
Pork-Chop Express
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Pork-Chop Express's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Northern VA
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croak View Post
I don't think they'll try to compete with Aprilia on price on the Tuono's 5 year old RSV4-based engine, chassis and electronics platform at first. It'll likely be priced closer to the Ducati Streetfighter S.

Good news for Aprilia fans, this might prompt a release of a Tuono V4 Factory, or a semi-active suspension version.
I guess we won't know until the price is given but KTM has hinted that folks will be surprised how affordable it is compared to its competition. I'm hopeful that will put it closer to the Tuono and the MSRP of the outgoing Super Duke model.
Pork-Chop Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #94
wipe-out
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wipe-out's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Oddometer: 176
Dream on. People are currently ordering in Germany, quotes are around 15k, which would be somewhere around 20-21k in Dollars for the standard model.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 4
wipe-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #95
wipe-out
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wipe-out's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Oddometer: 176
Which btw is still quite a bit cheaper than a Streetfighter S.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 4
wipe-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #96
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer
 
Florida Lime's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: As stated, and as often as possible -R'ville, N.C.
Oddometer: 2,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by wipe-out View Post
Dream on. People are currently ordering in Germany, quotes are around 15k, which would be somewhere around 20-21k in Dollars for the standard model.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 4
We've all seen how well a straight price conversion works.
__________________
'10 Husaberg FE570
'10 BMW R1200GSA "30th anniversary edition"
'14 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, still for sale.
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #97
apessino
Beastly Adventurer
 
apessino's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 1,273
I predict a base MSRP in the US of around $17K. I mean, an Adventure R costs that much already... the new SDR is going to be their flagship, no way it is coming in at the same price the old one used to go for.
__________________
14 BMW HP4 Competition 13 KTM RC8R 10 BMW S1000RR 09 BMW K1300S
11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red 07 Aprilia RSV Factory
apessino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #98
trapperj
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 470
Duke

They (KTM) have been more aggressive lately...the 690 duke 2013 was less than the last generation...no?
Although 17k is probably close
trapperj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #99
wipe-out
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wipe-out's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Lime View Post
We've all seen how well a straight price conversion works.
that's true of course... well we'll find out when it hits the states in 2015. jk.
wipe-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #100
fast4d
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Oddometer: 2,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperj View Post
They (KTM) have been more aggressive lately...the 690 duke 2013 was less than the last generation...no?
Although 17k is probably close
they use lower cost components in the new one. look at the suspension
__________________
Alan
2011 KTM RC8R
2012 BMW S1000RR
2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
2013 KTM SMT 990
fast4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:10 AM   #101
No Degree
~~~~~~~~~~
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by apessino View Post
I predict a base MSRP in the US of around $17K. I mean, an Adventure R costs that much already... the new SDR is going to be their flagship, no way it is coming in at the same price the old one used to go for.
and history will repeat itself when the economy hits the dumper and the bikes are on sale at 40% off. I'll be on it like stink on shit.
No Degree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #102
Tripped1
Likely Lost.
 
Tripped1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sandy Eggo
Oddometer: 7,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4d View Post
they use lower cost components in the new one. look at the suspension
The fork says WP down the side if it wit a bit of Brembo jewlery on the lower.

.......where did you get this low cost stuff from?

So far as it goes the tech specs thus far are impressive.

Claimed 180hp
dual fired Kleihin EFI w/throttle by wire
Bosch ABS
Slipper clutch
Traction control
48mm WP USD forks/shock
15,000km(10,000 mile)valve maintenance
......and from the looks of the site they worked the RC8R's adjustable egronomics.

The Super Duke is a bike I've drooled over for a while, the 1290 doesn't disapoint.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenScummyTroll View Post
Show folks something with a clutch and carburetor, and it's like teaching a baboon to use a Macbook.

Tripped1 screwed with this post 10-03-2013 at 06:09 AM
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #103
Dezzie
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dezzie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Oddometer: 328
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...nds/23632.html
__________________
Honda MSX125
SKYTEAM DAX 125 (ST70 COPY)
Dezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #104
fast4d
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Oddometer: 2,240
I was referring to the 690 duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
The fork says WP down the side if it wit a bit of Brembo jewlery on the lower.

.......where did you get this low cost stuff from?

So far as it goes the tech specs thus far are impressive.

Claimed 180hp
dual fired Kleihin EFI w/throttle by wire
Bosch ABS
Slipper clutch
Traction control
48mm WP USD forks/shock
15,000km(10,000 mile)valve maintenance
......and from the looks of the site they worked the RC8R's adjustable egronomics.

The Super Duke is a bike I've drooled over for a while, the 1290 doesn't disapoint.
__________________
Alan
2011 KTM RC8R
2012 BMW S1000RR
2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
2013 KTM SMT 990
fast4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:17 AM   #105
Tripped1
Likely Lost.
 
Tripped1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sandy Eggo
Oddometer: 7,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4d View Post
I was referring to the 690 duke
Oh hell that thing isn't cheap either, they had one on the floor at a local shop and they had a 11,000 dollar tag on it.

That is a little much for a thumper to me, unless it comes with like Jessica Biel naked.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenScummyTroll View Post
Show folks something with a clutch and carburetor, and it's like teaching a baboon to use a Macbook.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014