Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #2191
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
"Oh My Gawd! Did you hear what Brittany said about Courtney's friend Kayla? Well Courtney was like All Up in Brittany's shit defending Kayla. Kayla mostly stayed out of it but was like Not Even Happy about Brittany talking shit and really kind of pissed but still it was a shitty thing for Brittany to say even if Brittany wasn't super-serious about dumping on Kayla because Brittany justs acts like a bitch sometimes and everbody still mostly likes Brittany and nobody really liked Courtney or Kayla anway until this whole thing blew up."
Possibly the funniest thing I've read on ADVrider.

Thanks!

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #2192
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,215
Schwantz has a point, but in this instance its at the top of his head. Can't imagine why he felt the need to come out and slang Dani just for pointless prognostication. Nothing good could come of it. What a dork. His wandering piece on Soup is more Chatty Cathy dross.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #2193
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,323
Schwartz was a great racer. Lots of personality, exciting to watch, the whole package.

Unfortunately, as a former champion he tends to run his yapper too much. He is entitled to his opinion, but he has to realize when it comes across as negative for no apparent reason. This would have been one of those times.

Pedrosa may never win the MotoGP title, but Schwantz doesn't need to heap it on him. It just sounds petty.
Motorcyclist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #2194
dsilver1007
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Guess Schwantz didnt have anything better to talk about at his pity party so he bashed a big name rider. He probably took breaks between talking trash about COTA and Dani to speak about the good old days when he wasnt a bitter asshole
Old 04-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #2195
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
I didn't read it as a slam of Pedrosa as much as a slam of Puig.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #2196
HoneyBunz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,201
Even if he had never raced, Schwantz is right about DP.
More importantly, his ridicule may be the push DP needs.

Heading into Jerez, with 3 Spaniards duking it out, this could be the best indicator yet of who the next world champion may be.
For DP, it's win it or bin it time.
Certified "Safe For Transmission" - NSA Inspector #47
HoneyBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #2197
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBunz View Post
For DP, it's win it or bin it time.
Now that would make for some very exciting racing!

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #2198
SGrider
376 miles to Chicago

Oddometer: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbedient View Post
Now that would make for some very exciting racing!
Would be interesting to see Dani take out his teammate, wait he's done that one before.

Frankly, as well as Marquez has done so far it doesn't look good for Pedrosa to beat the kid in points this year. Dani's window of opportunity is disappearing nearly as quickly as Rossi's.
SGrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #2199
Lurky-Loo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBunz View Post
More importantly, his ridicule may be the push DP needs.
If Pedrosa was the kind of rider who needed that kind of push, he would have retired a long time ago.

"He hasn't won anything in eight years" -- while it wasn't meant literally, it's obviously wrong-headed on two levels: 1) it shows disrespect to the sport by dismissing the champions of intermediate classes; 2) it shows arrogance on Schwantz' part by not realizing Pedrosa's results are quite comparable to his, and that the difference between his only title and Pedrosa's none is a matter of chance as much as ability.

Puig was right to tear him a new one.
Lurky-Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #2200
roadholder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurky-Loo View Post
it shows arrogance on Schwantz' part by not realizing Pedrosa's results are quite comparable to his, and that the difference between his only title and Pedrosa's none is a matter of chance as much as ability. Puig was right to tear him a new one.
Yep. I have great respect for Schwantz but he was clearly out of line and perhaps a bit hypocritical. As pointed out (without Rainey's tragic career ending accident) he came very close to becomming another Randy Mammola...in possibly being the fastest guy to not win a championship. For Schwantz, Rainey's incredible speed and consistancy lapsed just once...for Dani Pedrosa, Lorenzo's didn't.
roadholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #2201
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,548
I tend to think what Schwantz meant to say was "He hasn't won any MotoGP championships in 7 years on a factory Honda"? Which is perfectly accurate. 8 years ago he was on a 250. He was 2 for 2 in the 250WC, only raced '04 and '05 and won them both!

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #2202
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadholder View Post
Yep. I have great respect for Schwantz but he was clearly out of line and perhaps a bit hypocritical. As pointed out (without Rainey's tragic career ending accident) he came very close to becomming another Randy Mammola...in possibly being the fastest guy to not win a championship. For Schwantz, Rainey's incredible speed and consistancy lapsed just once...for Dani Pedrosa, Lorenzo's didn't.
And if it wasn't for Doohan nearly loosing his leg Rainey would have had one less championship. One could say that if Kevin hadn't crashed so much he would have taken another championship away from Rainey. Where does this line of "logic" end? I see a lot of "ifs, and buts" when this argument against Kevin is brought up. What happens is. A championship is won by the person who accumulates the most points by the end of the season, however that happens. In the top GP class Kevin has. Dani, has not. That's all the comparision that needs to happen because, ultimately, that's what a top level GP rider's job is. To win the championship. Dani is still racing so maybe he'll pull it off. I, like Kevin from what I'm reading, believe that he has the talent to do so. But it hasn't happened, and may never if something doesn't change for Dani.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #2203
Thumpermeister
roost maker

Oddometer: 2,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadholder View Post
For Schwantz, Rainey's incredible speed and consistancy lapsed just once...for Dani Pedrosa, Lorenzo's didn't.
It seems Schwantz is definitely playing the part of the stone throwing glass house owner! These championships go down to the single point (1/2 point in WSB last year!) and can be won and lost by a single pass or DNF. That said, Pedrosa has three titles to his credit and is not done yet. As we saw last year in the premier class he has gained consistancy with his speed and no longer winning one weekend and crashing (or no where to be seen) the next. In fact he has become more of an Eddie Lawson then a Kevin Schwantz! "Steady Dani"?
Thumpermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #2204
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
They are making fun of Rossi in Spain. I think.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #2205
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
They are making fun of Rossi in Spain. I think.

La noche del sábado viva

That's kinda funny! From what I understand

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
available in Kindle format here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote