ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #5386
b0mb3r
Old Git
 
b0mb3r's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Sunshine Coast QLD
Oddometer: 1,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
So the big question is whether Vale has bike setup problems or Vale setup problems.....!
Im starting to think VR is just a tad to big for these bikes now ... seems u need to be about 4ft tall
__________________


White pig

b0mb3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #5387
jm-2008
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jm-2008's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: South Eastern Australia
Oddometer: 456
JB, Rossi and championships

JB should/will be lauded for his contribution to Gardner/Doohan/Rossi's and doubtless many other riders and their championship wins in MotoGP and the previous 500GP era.
Unassuming and clearly a humble indivual he appears devoid of political spin and calls a spade a spade, he should be acknowledged in some significant way.
Whilst a generation or more apart his association with some significant world championships reminds me of Knobby Clarke and his association with Hailwood/Agostini/Kenny Roberts Snr and their world champrionships during the 60's - 70's.

Re Rossi and future world championship's -
I marvel at the ability of the Aliens and I'm often amazed how close lap times are for the first five or so riders.
Rossi's sojourne in and around 8th place on the Ducati were often around (or less than) a second slower that JLo and the front runners.
The suggestion that Rossi running milliseconds behind the front runners will never win another world championship is hard to accept for an avid Rossi fan, certainly hope the nay sayers are wrong, time will tell after all you dont have to win all the races to win a championship.
Re Rossi's age vs championship wins - someone here may be able to confirm but I think Agostini may have been older during the final stages of his winning carrer than Rossi is at present, that said he had a good run on the MV's until the 4 cylinder Yamahas came along when he was forced to defect from MV and move to Yamaha's (dejevu?).
Different times back then and I'd suggest there was much more time seperating the front runners (Barry Sheen - Roberts Snr battles aside) than there is today.
The finale will be a spectacular day regardless of who wins the race.
JM-2008
jm-2008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #5388
jm-2008
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jm-2008's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: South Eastern Australia
Oddometer: 456
[QUOTE=b0mb3r;22732747]Im starting to think VR is just a tad to big for these bikes now ... seems u need to be about 4ft tall

Or have an 8' tall girlfriend
JM-2008
jm-2008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #5389
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 6,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE View Post
So IF I was to win the big Lotto prize tonight, would I be able to purchase??

Handy track day bike....look good in the lounge room too.

Detail shots here.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/2014_Bikes/...00R/index.html
Second hand in a few years should be no problem-o.

I have heard of Honda 500cc V-twin two strokes for sale.
__________________
+0

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #5390
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 6,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
JB's wife passed away, and I'm sure by now he's ready for a rest.
I believe JB's wife is still alive.
__________________
+0

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #5391
azkiwi
message in a bottle
 
azkiwi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Upstate AZ
Oddometer: 8,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Bears View Post
Honda reveals new RCV1000R Proddy bike... At Motegi test, 0.3 S slower than RCV213 on same tires. Only 0.17 S slower on CRT soft tires.

A great indicator of just how much blood and treasure is required to gain 2 or 3 tenths.
__________________

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #5392
Silver
Dirtnewb
 
Silver's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK.
Oddometer: 2,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Silver is complaining that the quality of the racing has gone down in WSBK, but hasn't watched? The racing is still top notch IMHO.

WSS was interesting in that two riders were in a class of their own (very un-WSS like, more like Moto GP) but still great fireworks.

And for a Laverty fan to not watch the second half or the WSBK season? You missed out.
Yeah, I mispoke, I'm sure the actual racing is still awesome, SBK has always provided a great show. So definitely not the quality of racing, probably just my interest level decreasing. Again moved from street to dirt so have been more interested in the dirt vids I find than street racing stuff lately. Still keep up with motoGP but not near as hardcore as I used to. Definitely liked that Laverty had a great second half! I just honestly didn't watch any of it, one of those things I guess. Also that I couldn't just wake up and go hit play on the DVR, amongst me also somewhat losing interest played a part as well.

I would like to see it gain more traction but with more and more factories falling out of the series and whatnot, it just seems to me that it's going more AMA direction. Again just an opinion and I didn't watch this year at all. So my bad on that one. If I was still on a sport bike I'd probably still be more interested, but taking up dirt full time and also doing hare scrambles and whatnot, I paid more attention to the points in the OHSCS series than I did to the WSBK series. I guess it's just interest in what you're into most at the time.

Apologies, again I'm sure the racing is still awesome, it always has been. It's my fault I lost interest.

Apologies made. Now onto Rossi/Burgess, and the championship finale this weekend whoo!

Cheers!
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #5393
Bleemus
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Winhall, Vermont
Oddometer: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Hope they do better than they do in F1.
Bleemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #5394
kbroderick
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Vermont's Mad River Valley
Oddometer: 689
I got an email from MotoGP.com reminding me that my VideoPass expires on Sunday, at midnight...GMT.

WTF, people, can't you at least give me 24 hours after the last race event of the season? I'm looking forward to watching the GP and Moto3 races (in particular), but now I've got to watch them by 8 p.m. my time or I get cut off?

I have no time to watch testing, and the coverage here on ADV (and at motomatters.com) is plenty good enough for me to keep up on offseason happenings, so I really would prefer not to fork over next year's subscription fee until, oh, next season. I realize that it's in MotoGP's best interest if I fork it over immediately if I don't catch the races before?

(ok, rant over, carry on.)
kbroderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #5395
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
I got an email from MotoGP.com reminding me that my VideoPass expires on Sunday, at midnight...GMT.

WTF, people, can't you at least give me 24 hours after the last race event of the season? I'm looking forward to watching the GP and Moto3 races (in particular), but now I've got to watch them by 8 p.m. my time or I get cut off?

I have no time to watch testing, and the coverage here on ADV (and at motomatters.com) is plenty good enough for me to keep up on offseason happenings, so I really would prefer not to fork over next year's subscription fee until, oh, next season. I realize that it's in MotoGP's best interest if I fork it over immediately if I don't catch the races before?

(ok, rant over, carry on.)
I got the same email and plan to renew this weekend but, you should email motogp.com and ask them if in fact you'll not be able to watch this weekend's race after Sunday night. I am guessing you are correct but they are pretty quick to respond to questions and maybe they'll have good news for you.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #5396
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer
 
DogBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Oddometer: 1,246
Received the same email offering the "off season" for free if I renew for next year. I can only find a monthly rate. Is there a single price for the seaon rather than monthly? I can't find it.
__________________
"I were riding so fast, I were sucking rabbits out of the hedges" IOM TT racer Guy Martin - Thanks to rallybug
DogBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #5397
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
Received the same email offering the "off season" for free if I renew for next year. I can only find a monthly rate. Is there a single price for the seaon rather than monthly? I can't find it.
When I click the link in the email it takes me straight to a page that shows season passes. Looks like prices went up, again.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #5398
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs
 
RedRocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 18,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleemus View Post
Hope they do better than they do in F1.


RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #5399
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 6,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Yeah, I mispoke, I'm sure the actual racing is still awesome, SBK has always provided a great show. So definitely not the quality of racing, probably just my interest level decreasing. Again moved from street to dirt so have been more interested in the dirt vids I find than street racing stuff lately. Still keep up with motoGP but not near as hardcore as I used to. Definitely liked that Laverty had a great second half! I just honestly didn't watch any of it, one of those things I guess. Also that I couldn't just wake up and go hit play on the DVR, amongst me also somewhat losing interest played a part as well.

I would like to see it gain more traction but with more and more factories falling out of the series and whatnot, it just seems to me that it's going more AMA direction. Again just an opinion and I didn't watch this year at all. So my bad on that one. If I was still on a sport bike I'd probably still be more interested, but taking up dirt full time and also doing hare scrambles and whatnot, I paid more attention to the points in the OHSCS series than I did to the WSBK series. I guess it's just interest in what you're into most at the time.

Apologies, again I'm sure the racing is still awesome, it always has been. It's my fault I lost interest.

Apologies made. Now onto Rossi/Burgess, and the championship finale this weekend whoo!

Cheers!


Congrats on moving to a dirt bike. I think that is the absolute best way to learn what a motorcycle can really do.
__________________
+0

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #5400
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 6,912
Paraphrase of a Tweet by Alex Briggs: "the shoes in JB's locker cannot be filled."

I believe these words will be prophetic.

I wonder if anyone will make a play to hire JB? I would love to see that.
__________________
+0

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014