Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #5416
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Paraphrase of a Tweet by Alex Briggs: "the shoes in JB's locker cannot be filled."

I believe these words will be prophetic.

I wonder if anyone will make a play to hire JB? I would love to see that.
I've never been a much of a JB fan, but I would like to see him run a proddy Honda/Yam crew or be matched up to one of the Moto 2 kids coming up. I would think he could be a very positive force in situations like that.
Pantah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #5417
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
I've never been a much of a JB fan, but I would like to see him run a proddy Honda/Yam crew or be matched up to one of the Moto 2 kids coming up. I would think he could be a very positive force in situations like that.

Rossi dumping him just reeks of desperation. Or denial.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #5418
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Imagine if Honda brought him back and assigned him to Marquez.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #5419
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post

Of course we don't have the details but Rossi mentioned that in the recent past he'd been having some opposing views to JB.
Nothing lasts forever. As others have mentioned, I think he's getting pretty tired and may be ready to jump off the carousel.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #5420
Housh
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:

What was the name of Rossi's book...?
Housh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #5421
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post

Pantah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #5422
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
there is that.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #5423
Rajin Cajun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Glad to see Edwards confirmed at Forward for another year! I do believe he will have his hands full with Espargaro tho!

Quote:

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/197...rd_yamaha.html

Aleix Espargaro and Colin Edwards have been officially announced at Forward Racing for the 2014 MotoGP World Championship, riding the new privateer Yamaha M1.

The Spaniard has dominated the privateer CRT class for Aspar Aprilia since the inaugural 2012 season and, by heading this year's standings, had a clause to remain with Aspar next season.

But Aleix, whose younger brother Pol will join MotoGP with Tech 3 Yamaha next year, wanted a change of machinery and duly negotiated a release - after which Aspar ironically switched to Honda.

Espargaro unofficially confirmed the long-rumoured Forward move last time out in Japan.

“After two years with a CRT bike, which have been very good for me, I think the time has come for me to make a change,” said Espargaro. “Forward Racing approached me with an offer, a very exciting and ambitious project involving Yamaha and FTR. I believe it can be a competitive bike and the project itself with the team is something that I am excited about. I look forward to riding the bike, test, work hard and see how far we can go with it.”

Espargaro has more than double the points of the next best CRT rider in this year's championship, Edwards, retained to partner Espargaro next season.

The Texan, 40 next February, was the most high profile rider to join the new CRT class - with twelve MotoGP podiums for Honda and Yamaha. The double World Superbike champion has raced a Suter-BMW, then FTR-Kawasaki at Forward and can't wait to get his hands on the Yamaha.

“I am really excited for next year,” said Edwards. “The majority of my racing carrier has been with Yamaha, from the motocross days through road racing, so I am really excited to get back with Yamaha and obviously to enter into this new project with Forward and FTR. Theoretically on paper it looks like we can compete and right now, as soon as we are done with the season we need to get to work and that's what I do best so I am really looking forward to it.”

Espargaro and Edwards will make their debut on the new bike in next week's post-race test.

The Forward Yamaha package, originally labelled as just an engine supply, will now include the engine, frame and swing-arm, with FTR supplying the remaining components. Unlike the factory Yamahas, at the official team and Tech 3, the Forward bikes will run the full control ECU system - hardware and software - allowing four extra litres of race fuel and twelve rather than five engines changes.

However Yamaha has indicated that only five engine changes, comprising three new engines and two rebuilds, are planned.

"The specs of the [lease] engines will be very close to those of the Tech 3 Team,” William Favero, communications manager of Yamaha Motor Racing, told Crash.net earlier this year. "Yamaha foresees the supply of three engines - two of which will be reconditioned to effectively reach five engines per season.”

In Moto2, Forward will switch from Speed Up back to FTR next year - marking the British company's full time return to the class - but scale down from four to two riders, retaining Simone Corsi and Mattia Pasini.

There will thus be no place for Edwards' 2013 team-mate Claudio Corti, or current Moto2 riders Alex de Angelis and Ricky Cardus.

John Wayne
Rajin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #5424
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,111
Burgess is still under contract with Yamaha, and will be paid to sit at home next year, unless he is called in to work with another Yamaha rider. And I would not be surprised to see more of Rossi's team leave.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:34 AM   #5425
HoneyBunz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,201
It is telling that Rossi canned JB with no replacement announced.
It looks like a "Hail Mary" move.
Certified "Safe For Transmission" - NSA Inspector #47
HoneyBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #5426
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,142
Quote:

So what exactly was Rossi supposed to do here? He could have easily waited 'til next year, quietly changing horse during the off-season with a carefully arranged back story and corporate ass-covering. Instead he manned up, in person, as soon as he made the decision.

"Dumping" is an description laden with moral overtones, implying there should be a loyalty here to some bitter end. Rossi obviously recognizes the gap between himself and the front three. After a full year he has only made the step from 5th to 4th - not exactly a storied return of the king. Its fair to assume he has tried to change himself, and doubtless has extracted what he can from Yamaha on the bike. What is left to change?

Rossi has hinted pretty strongly that if his results don't improve next year, he will be re-evaluating his participation. Is this denial? If Rossi threw in the towel right now (and which other rider would quit after successfully coming 4th in the championship after one year with a team?) both he and JB would be out of work. Would that be less offensive to your more refined sensibilities?

Now bitch about Hayden, Edwards, De Puniet and everyone else over 25 desperately trying to resurrect their sad vestiges of youth and talent.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #5427
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,102
Thanks to everyone who posted in this year's motogp thread. It was an exciting year made better by the additional info, view points and comedy everyone brought to the table. Was really hoping Pedrosa could pull it off this year but in the end it's good enough for me that we saw incredible riding and no serious injuries.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #5428
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBunz View Post
It is telling that Rossi canned JB with no replacement announced.
It looks like a "Hail Mary" move.
I guess you didn't get the call from Vale himself, he made us promise to keep it under wraps until he lets the cat out of the bag.

Damn, that Rossi guy is smart

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
available in Kindle format here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #5429
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkiwi View Post

So what exactly was Rossi supposed to do here? He could have easily waited 'til next year, quietly changing horse during the off-season with a carefully arranged back story and corporate ass-covering. Instead he manned up, in person, as soon as he made the decision.

"Dumping" is an description laden with moral overtones, implying there should be a loyalty here to some bitter end. Rossi obviously recognizes the gap between himself and the front three. After a full year he has only made the step from 5th to 4th - not exactly a storied return of the king. Its fair to assume he has tried to change himself, and doubtless has extracted what he can from Yamaha on the bike. What is left to change?

Rossi has hinted pretty strongly that if his results don't improve next year, he will be re-evaluating his participation. Is this denial? If Rossi threw in the towel right now (and which other rider would quit after successfully coming 4th in the championship after one year with a team?) both he and JB would be out of work. Would that be less offensive to your more refined sensibilities?

Now bitch about Hayden, Edwards, De Puniet and everyone else over 25 desperately trying to resurrect their sad vestiges of youth and talent.
Jeebus, relax dude. It's just motorcycle racing.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #5430
HoneyBunz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
I guess you didn't get the call from Vale himself, he made us promise to keep it under wraps until he lets the cat out of the bag.

Damn, that Rossi guy is smart
I need proof.
Certified "Safe For Transmission" - NSA Inspector #47
HoneyBunz is offline   Reply With Quote