high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,362
Awards ceremony live on youtube now

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #5432
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,488
+ 1. Without this thread following Moto GP would not be as interesting.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Thanks to everyone who posted in this year's motogp thread. It was an exciting year made better by the additional info, view points and comedy everyone brought to the table. Was really hoping Pedrosa could pull it off this year but in the end it's good enough for me that we saw incredible riding and no serious injuries.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #5433
Mike Yanagita
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Thanks to everyone who posted in this year's motogp thread. It was an exciting year made better by the additional info, view points and comedy everyone brought to the table. Was really hoping Pedrosa could pull it off this year but in the end it's good enough for me that we saw incredible riding and no serious injuries.
I wonder how much of the relative sanity this year compared to most of the others was having the near certainty of a Spanish champion. The usual nationalism in an anglophone forum never got much traction.
Mike Yanagita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #5434
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Yanagita View Post
I wonder how much of the relative sanity this year compared to most of the others was having the near certainty of a Spanish champion. The usual nationalism in an anglophone forum never got much traction.
There was a lot of optimism about Rossi, early on. I wish I'd put my money where my mouth was when I predicted he'd finish 4th or lower (though, I was kinda hoping it was CC who would be 3rd, I didn't think MM would do the business).
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #5435
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBunz View Post
It is telling that Rossi canned JB with no replacement announced.
It looks like a "Hail Mary" move.
The BBC commentators paraphrased something JB said, about how he's read a lot of sporting biographies, where someone changes a caddy, or a coach, to try to squeeze a year more out their success.

When asked how many that had worked for, JB apparently replied: 'none'.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #5436
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,201
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac View Post
+ 1. Without this thread following Moto GP would not be as interesting.

D.
Hear, hear.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #5437
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 2,138
Quote:

You might have to change your avatar-sig after that, Swimmer :)

This thread is my favourite place on the 'net. I continue to learn lots here and appreciate all the input.
For those that don't, consider supporting Kroptkin's 'zine as it's excellent (time for me to renew too).
Hope you all have a nice off-season.
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #5438
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,596
Great stuff folks. Really enjoyed the season due to this thread and MotoMatters. I gave up reading my magazine subscriptions.
Good races today for sure. We were on the edges of our seats for quite a bit of it.
Glad this last one came off without too many crashes and as Swimmer stated no serious damage.

My subscription is updated and tomorrow begins the new season.

It's on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY. View Post

You might have to change your avatar-sig after that, Swimmer :)

This thread is my favourite place on the 'net. I continue to learn lots here and appreciate all the input.
For those that don't, consider supporting Kroptkin's 'zine as it's excellent (time for me to renew too).
Mr Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #5439
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaY YreKa View Post
The BBC commentators paraphrased something JB said, about how he's read a lot of sporting biographies, where someone changes a caddy, or a coach, to try to squeeze a year more out their success.

Apparently he missed Tiger Woods' bio ...

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #5440
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #5441
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaY YreKa View Post

Rossi clearly believes in himself. After the first few laps, his times often equal the times of the leaders. If the variable is bike set up, perhaps someone who looks at things with a new set of eyes can get the start of race set up better for Rossi.

Besides, I wouldn't want to continue working with someone who really does not think I have it in me to win, when I feel/think otherwise. So good for so many years, hey, lets try a new approach.

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
available in Kindle format here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #5442
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
Rossi clearly believes in himself. After the first few laps, his times often equal the times of the leaders. If the variable is bike set up, perhaps someone who looks at things with a new set of eyes can get the start of race set up better for Rossi.

Besides, I wouldn't want to continue working with someone who really does not think I have it in me to win, when I feel/think otherwise. So good for so many years, hey, lets try a new approach.
JB was willing to retire a few years ago already, maybe he is actually past his prime? Not saying he's the one, who has prevented VR to do better, and I know he used to be a champion maker, but who knows, a new approach might be a good thing for Vale's side of the team.

Get the feeling that 2014 could very well be Rossi΄s last season in MotoGP... I mean, if he does not improve, then it΄s hard to see, why he would still go on. And if he improves so much, that he takes the title, then all the more reasons to leave while you΄re at the top (..and I know that it sounds like fantasy right now).

The only scenario, where he might still want to ride in 2015, is that he improves considerably, and gets very very close, but does not win the title. Well I guess it is a possibility, too.
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW

Pecha72 screwed with this post 11-11-2013 at 01:08 AM
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #5443
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,596
As sad as it is to think or type, time is the factor. All of us lose a step, slow a tick, then a slip here and there.
I don't think Rossi can win another race with Pedrosa, Lorenzo and Marquez in the mix. I will say it, Rossi won't win another race or get on the box with those three healthy and in the race.
He is and has been racing for 4th against the satellite bikes.
Mr Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #5444
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 775
I think Rossi still has some victories in him with the three aliens healthy. Although a tenth title seems out of reach.
sprocketjock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #5445
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
As sad as it is to think or type, time is the factor. All of us lose a step, slow a tick, then a slip here and there.
I don't think Rossi can win another race with Pedrosa, Lorenzo and Marquez in the mix. I will say it, Rossi won't win another race or get on the box with those three healthy and in the race.
He is and has been racing for 4th against the satellite bikes.
I predict that Rossi will win again, at Assen, 2014.