ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
SportsGuy OP
icanhazdirt?

Oddometer: 538
PSSOR Course - finally pulled the trigger

Sunday, May 26th

Been looking forward to getting some actual skills training, so I signed up for the 9am - 3pm course on the 26th of May. Hoping for decent weather for the run down to Roy and back. :)

Can't wait to actually learn skills to help me handle the KTM better.

For those interested:

$185
bring your own food and water - no breaks for lunch offsite once you start
PSSOR course dates
SportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
Thumb

Looks like Roy will be the instructor!! I have a class on the 25th

Make sure to ask Roy about the pygmy elk
SOP Dirt-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
SportsGuy OP
icanhazdirt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOP Dirt-Rider View Post
Looks like Roy will be the instructor!! I have a class on the 25th

Make sure to ask Roy about the pygmy elk
Do I even WANT to get into this inside joke...? LOL

OK, so I'll be meeting Roy in Roy to play in the dirt. Right. It appears I'm 12 again...
Old 04-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

It's what I tell the kids to remind/fool them into keeping their eyes up. Bunch of goats next door.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #5
SportsGuy OP
icanhazdirt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOP Dirt-Rider View Post
It's what I tell the kids to remind/fool them into keeping their eyes up. Bunch of goats next door.
I woke up this morning and thought...

"What was it he told me to mention to Roy? Something about pygmy goats, I think..."

lol
Old 04-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #6
DeFens
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
You'll have fun - and likely be a bit tired by the end of the day! I took the intermediate course twice. The first time in 2011 on my BMW F650GS (only big dually in a class full of 150-230 cc bikes). It was kind of a handful, but I wanted to give it a shot, since that was the bike I usually find myself on out in the woods. Right after the class I bought a lowering link for it - after picking it up way too many times in class.

Last year I took the class again with my wife. I took it on my new Husaberg FE390 (only big dirtbike in a class full of 150-230 cc bikes). It was kind of a handful (but way less than the 650!), but I wanted to give it a shot. Right after the class I took it in to Tasky's and had it lowered an inch and a half - after picking it up way too many times in class. (Notice a trend here?

The class is great. The things my wife and I learned there were immediately applicable on our first attempt on the WABDR last year on our big dual sports (she on my Dakar, my on an R1200GS). After succeeding (but having a rough time) on Segment 2, I'm going to try it again this year, I hope, using the skills I learned in the PSSOR class. On a lowered dirt bike.
2001 BMW F650GS Dakar
And a fluffy cat named Chester....
DeFens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

DeFens, have you checked out any of our BDR events?
http://advcamp.com/bdr-camps
Old 04-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #8
DeFens
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
I thought about it, but I already know how to pack and camp off my bike, am proficient in GPS and navigation, and know how to work on my bike. I also have had lots of practice in picking various pigs off the ground! So, not sure the class would add a vast amount of new knowledge from this particular class. I'd be more likely to take the experienced dirt bike course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
2001 BMW F650GS Dakar
And a fluffy cat named Chester....
DeFens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #9
SportsGuy OP
icanhazdirt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFens View Post
You'll have fun - and likely be a bit tired by the end of the day! I took the intermediate course twice. The first time in 2011 on my BMW F650GS (only big dually in a class full of 150-230 cc bikes). It was kind of a handful, but I wanted to give it a shot, since that was the bike I usually find myself on out in the woods. Right after the class I bought a lowering link for it - after picking it up way too many times in class.

Last year I took the class again with my wife. I took it on my new Husaberg FE390 (only big dirtbike in a class full of 150-230 cc bikes). It was kind of a handful (but way less than the 650!), but I wanted to give it a shot. Right after the class I took it in to Tasky's and had it lowered an inch and a half - after picking it up way too many times in class. (Notice a trend here?

The class is great. The things my wife and I learned there were immediately applicable on our first attempt on the WABDR last year on our big dual sports (she on my Dakar, my on an R1200GS). After succeeding (but having a rough time) on Segment 2, I'm going to try it again this year, I hope, using the skills I learned in the PSSOR class. On a lowered dirt bike.
Oh...great...well, I guess I should fit in some workouts prior to this class so I can get built up to be lifting my 690 all day...LOL