Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #76
TT RDHS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer View Post
I've added this bike to cycle-ergo.com now. Comparing it with the regular Gold Wing, it's exactly the same aside from lack of windshield, lack of trunk, slightly modernized fairings, and a much lower seat. The lower seat would definitely help make up for the lack of reverse.
Thanks for putting it on your site!

But doesn't it look as if the suspension (the rear, at least) has been lowered???
Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #77
TXRKC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I would still like to see a base model 1100 Interstate. A standard bike with bolt on fairing, bags and trunk. And no gadgets. A perfect touring bike for me. Problem is, if Honda did bring it back, it would cost over $20,000, so it would be a moot point.
Go buy an 1100 for a couple thousand dollars, fix it up however you want it and go riding.......

As far as the F6B, I love the way it looks. I've always liked Hondas. I'm not big on the digital display and after having a bike with cruise control, I'm pretty sure that any bike I ever plan on putting big miles on will have to have cruise control. I've never had ABS on a bike so I guess I just dont know what I'm missing there because I dont see that as a deal breaker.
TXRKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #78
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,612

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tallnwide View Post

Old 11-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #79
jesse v
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 205
So... They took a Goldwing and lowered it? I don't see the plus-side of that.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #80
2tallnwide
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post

Compared to what?

The crap you sell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkh6lrOfT4

2tallnwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #81
zilla
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post

That was a big shock coming from you!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #82
Ogre_fl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer View Post
I've added this bike to cycle-ergo.com now. Comparing it with the regular Gold Wing, it's exactly the same aside from lack of windshield, lack of trunk, slightly modernized fairings, and a much lower seat. The lower seat would definitely help make up for the lack of reverse.
I love your site.
However, I wish you had an option to move back in the seat on all bikes and even further back on those bikes where you have that option.
Perhaps even being able to define the set back like you do with the seat heights and handle bars dimensions.

Probably not a big deal for average size folks, but for us bigger ones it would make the site more useful.

I would never sit on this bike (or really any bike) like this, I would be as far back as I could.

Ogre_fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #83
CGameProgrammer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
I guess I forgot to add the variable seat positions for that bike - fixed. They're in now. It may not look like the rider is sitting all the way back but that's probably more to do with the simplistic polygonal drawing than anything else.
CGameProgrammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #84
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,786
^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is a GREAT site and I have been using it alot this past year...!
hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #85
Cakeeater
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre_fl View Post
I love your site.
However, I wish you had an option to move back in the seat on all bikes and even further back on those bikes where you have that option.
Perhaps even being able to define the set back like you do with the seat heights and handle bars dimensions.

Probably not a big deal for average size folks, but for us bigger ones it would make the site more useful.

I would never sit on this bike (or really any bike) like this, I would be as far back as I could.

in my very humble opinion the problem with the Gold Wing, and this version, is that the bottom of the fairing hits your shins if you bolt on highway pegs. There's simply no room to "stretch out" on the road. That's a nice thing to do while riding long distance, but it's also important for the Joe Cool factor, which drives so much of the bagger class. That sweet but super wide flat 6 and the fairing really lock in the rider in the Wing.

Part of what sells baggers is looking all laid-back and cool, and this position (while nice for riding the twisties) looks like the kid sitting in the front of the class in the new cardigan sweater.

Cakeeater
Cakeeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #86
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,843
I've seen plenty of this generation wings with good functional highway pegs. Not all people fit a bike the same way. Etc etc.

Also, some of us bigger folks love the riding position. :)
UnsureFooting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:50 AM   #87
Podman
Rocketman

Oddometer: 242
Really like the bike so far and was wondering when Honda was finally going to do something like this. One of the things I cannot figure out is you can get H-D's with ABS so what is honda's reasoning for not doing this. Just plain stupid for not including this - period- hopefully an oversight. Looking forward to riding one.
Podman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:54 AM   #88
scotty918
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeeater View Post
in my very humble opinion the problem with the Gold Wing, and this version, is that the bottom of the fairing hits your shins if you bolt on highway pegs. There's simply no room to "stretch out" on the road. That's a nice thing to do while riding long distance, but it's also important for the Joe Cool factor, which drives so much of the bagger class. That sweet but super wide flat 6 and the fairing really lock in the rider in the Wing.

Part of what sells baggers is looking all laid-back and cool, and this position (while nice for riding the twisties) looks like the kid sitting in the front of the class in the new cardigan sweater.

Cakeeater
Have you ever ridden a Wing? The bottom of the fairing does not hit you in the shins. Also, highway pegs are actually quite functional on these bikes.
scotty918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #89
Sumo64c
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty918 View Post
Have you ever ridden a Wing? The bottom of the fairing does not hit you in the shins. Also, highway pegs are actually quite functional on these bikes.

+1 Makes those 600+ mile days a breeze on zee' Goldwing.
Sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #90
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,838
First of all, I hate ABS (and anything else that takes any control away from the rider) and I'm not going to apologize for that. Controlling the bike is where most of the fun of riding comes from.

As for the FB6, yes Honda is cashing in on the "bagger" craze, they already have the chopper segment covered with the Fury. But I cannot see how anything that reverses the trend and actually simplifies the Goldwing can be a bad thing. Yes I prefer the old Interstates and Valkyries, but they are no longer available new. The Valkyrie Interstate was especially appealing, though it apparently it didn't sell well. And I have no idea why anyone thinks a motorcycle needs 6 cylinders. Honda did that decades with the CBX and it failed. Kawasaki tried it and failed. I don't know why it was successful on the Goldwing. The GL engine is basically a car engine. This bike is certainly not perfect, but I see it as being better than an even bigger, heavier, more complicated, and more expensive Goldwing.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote