Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #121
jersey jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 973
One of the things I want on a bagger is cruise. Doesn't look like it's even an option? That's silly when you can get it on the competition (RoadGlide Custom, Cross Country). I want a bagger to make long rides nice and comfy, a throttle rocker is nice and all but not what I'd like to have to use on my new $20,000 bike.

ABS? I've never had it, not sure if I'd pay extra for it, but I guess it might be nice to have. Not a deal breaker for me.

Not a huge fan of side opening bags, either.

I still like the looks of it, especially the black one. Put a set of those Vance & hines mufflers on it and a slightly taller curvy type windshield, that would be just about right.

These mufflers have a nice Porsche 911 kind of growl to them.

13 HD Ultra Limited, 03 Yamaha Road Star Warrior ( for sale! )
jersey jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #122
richarddacat
helmet full of Blues

Oddometer: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10/10ths View Post
.....The deletion of ABS is unforgivable. I, too, get the cruise and center stand delete, but ABS is absolutely necessary these days. i WILL NOT drop $20,000 on a BRAND NEW, MODERN motorcycle that does not have ABS.

If it had ABS, the F6B would be on my list. Without ABS, I won't even look at one.

I get it is expensive. I understand price targets, but if I'm already dropping $20,000, what's another $1,000 for ABS? Another grand is not a deal killer. NOT having ABS is a deal killer for me.

Great looking machine, though.
Feel the same way and why I would look at a used Wing, do a Traxxion suspension upgrade along with MBL Sport kit. I'll have F6B but the way I want it and probably stay under 20K.

BTW zackybilly , a feature on your garage/shop would be a great addition to "Lets see your Man Castle" Thread
IF Eric Clapton was God, Joe Bonamassa would be his Son.
richarddacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:10 AM   #123
Podman
Rocketman

Oddometer: 234
The first of a new series of large-sized models based on a new concept for both daily commuting & weekend touring will go on sale next year on a global basis, beginning from North America. Key characteristics will include stylish design, a "torqueful" engine, low seat height for a comfortable ride and high stability in maneuvering.

Well they did not mention ABS and this is the "first" of a series of L-S models.
Podman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #124
Rollin'
does it come in black?

Oddometer: 953
Looks like a good replacement for my Vision 8-Ball.
Short windshield, no cruise, no ABS and no problem touring on it.

Rollin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #125
spraypilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Goldwing F6B

Anyone got one of these yet? Any opinions? I just sold my Harley Roadglide to get something different and this caught my eye although not much diff from the harley RG. I must be crazy I havent ridden a Gwing since selling a 1500 many moons ago...
spraypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #126
TT RDHS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' View Post
Short windshield, no cruise, no ABS and no problem touring on it.]
I'll be looking forward to reading your review and comparison of it (vs your Victory).
Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #127
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by spraypilot View Post
Anyone got one of these yet? Any opinions? I just sold my Harley Roadglide to get something different and this caught my eye although not much diff from the harley RG. I must be crazy I havent ridden a Gwing since selling a 1500 many moons ago...
Honda dealer here in Iowa was talking Feb or March for a delivery.

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #128
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Oddometer: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' View Post
Short windshield, no cruise, no ABS and no problem touring on it.

I love the Goldwings, but they don't look like they have as much room to strech out your legs on a long ride as the Victory Vision does.

Mountain Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:33 AM   #129
zackybilly1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackybilly1 View Post
.......ABS is standard on the Honda SilverWing scooter but not an option in the US on the F6B. I think I'm going to set my sights on a 2013 FJR...cruise, traction control, variable mapping and ABS for $5K less.

Z
Thanks, Santa.

Z
zackybilly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #130
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackybilly1 View Post
Thanks, Santa.

Z
Would love a ride report when you are able!

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
Old 02-12-2013, 06:51 AM   #131
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Dealer here in Iowa has one advertised on Craigslist. Was supposed to come in yesterday. I may have to take a drive by their store today for a look see.

Still would prefer ABS and Cruise though.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:08 AM   #132
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,391
I would buy an FB6 base model if I could afford it. It is exactly what I need and want. Having spent 40,000+ miles on a '95 Goldwing SE, this bike is a breath of fresh air. I love all the stuff it doesn't have. I mean, if you need reverse on a bike, you need a smaller bike. I've never used mine. They tend to break and cause some expensive damage. I don't need all the electronic gadgetry either, some of mine quit working, and I never even considered trying to fix it. Some members on the Goldwing forums would rather have a working stereo than an engine. I have never had antilock brakes and don't want them. I did use the cruise control for a while, till it quit working. I don't miss it. I have had a Throttlemeister throttle lock on a couple of bikes and loved it. IMO, cruise control is for cars. I also never use the power windshield. Something else prone to failure. I got my Goldwing used for $6500. I have a feeling it will be a long time before you can get one of these for that price.

Like the Standard Goldwing, the FB6 has mid mount pegs out of necessity. The engine is where you would put forward pegs. But I still find it comfortable. As long as I can have a '90 degree bend in my knees I'm ok.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:34 AM   #133
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,771
Reverse is a nice option. Shit, one could say that if you need as much attached storage as a goldwing has, you need a car.
UnsureFooting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:45 AM   #134
10/10ths
Road Trip Fool

Oddometer: 840
Well...

...I don't want a lot of wiz-bang gadgetry either, I like aftermarket solutions for stereo and communications and navigation, they work better than OEM and can be left at home and don't add weight to the machine when not on the bike.

But I don't look at ABS as "gadgetry", I look at ABS as a safety system that has matured to the point that it should at least be an option on a freaking $20,000 motorcycle that is built to cross a continent. ABS will be mandatory in Europe soon and the fact that you can have it on a "normal" Goldwing kills the whole "economies of scale" argument for not putting it on the F6B.

For crying out loud, If the C14, FJR1300, VFR1200F, Trophy, K1600GT, Goldwing, ST1300, F800GT, V-Strom 650, Don't call it a Bandit, Ninja 1000, K1300, R1200RT, every "Adventure Tourer", ZX-14R, Hayabusa, all have ABS, why the Hell not on the F6B?!?!?!?!?!?!

Can I threshold brake at the limit? Yeah, but when that soccer mom pulls out in front of me on that rain slick street, you know, the one where the oil is floating on the water?, If I have instant brain freeze and grab a hand full of brake, I want ABS there to keep me from becoming a crash story on page three of the local paper.

Hell, I will PAY an extra $1,000 for ABS on an F6B, if I'm dropping $20K anyway, what's the diff?

deadhorse by Shooter158, on Flickr

2004 Honda RC51

2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA replaced my '04 Wee 2-14
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #135
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Sat on the one at the dealer. Never noticed the cup holder in the middle of the center console in the pictures. Felt like a nice bike, one I would like to own. But for 20 grand I want ABS and cruise.

I'll definitetly test ride one when they can offer it though.