Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #16
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
HHhhmmm, them guys with the craniel rectal inversion could use some real time on a bike ! You mothball one vintage bike and have to start riding the next! Sounds like outta space or just touched.

Nope. Just can't afford a nice modern streetbike. Hell, the newest bike I own is my 2005 4RT.
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #17
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,275
Have you seen Honda`s 2013 lineup. A cb1000f (twin shock) with fuel injection and 3 500`s that look like yamaha`s failed 550 vision of 1984.
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #18
ridenm
not waiting anymore

Oddometer: 2,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
Have you seen Honda`s 2013 lineup. A cb1000f (twin shock) with fuel injection and 3 500`s that look like yamaha`s failed 550 vision of 1984.
Haven't seen the 500's yet, but that CB1000 is sharp.

I've seen a few H-D baggers with ape-hangers. So part of the reason for a fairing is to get your hands out of the air stream, but then you put apes on the thing so your hands are above the top edge of the fairing?

Old 11-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #19
Sting32 OP
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenm View Post
Haven't seen the 500's yet, but that CB1000 is sharp.

I've seen a few H-D baggers with ape-hangers. So part of the reason for a fairing is to get your hands out of the air stream, but then you put apes on the thing so your hands are above the top edge of the fairing?

Oh, no. You buy a HD to be cool, then you modify it to be "unique" which is oxymoronic, as well as expensive.

Dad has one, an Ultra-classic though (it is the HD goldwing crowd, kind of different than the chopper/apehanger crowd inside the HD ranks I guess). I like it, and Rides nicer but weighs about double what the old gold-wing did, I feel, so like the old Cadillacs, rides nice. I'd like one but they are friggin expensive.
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #20
ridenm
not waiting anymore

Oddometer: 2,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
Oh, no. You buy a HD to be cool, then you modify it to be "unique" which is oxymoronic, as well as expensive.

Dad has one, an Ultra-classic though (it is the HD goldwing crowd, kind of different than the chopper/apehanger crowd inside the HD ranks I guess). I like it, and Rides nicer but weighs about double what the old gold-wing did, I feel, so like the old Cadillacs, rides nice. I'd like one but they are friggin expensive.
I rented an Electra-Glide Classic more than a few years ago, when I was attending a two-week Johnson Controls school in Milwaukee. Spent the lay-over weekend tooling around the fair Dairy State. The one I rented predated the chassis upgrade in 2009. Handled like a garden gate. I'd like to try one with the new chassis--I hear the front and rear wheels are now in the same plane!

Old 11-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #21
Sting32 OP
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenm View Post
I rented an Electra-Glide Classic more than a few years ago, when I was attending a two-week Johnson Controls school in Milwaukee. Spent the lay-over weekend tooling around the fair Dairy State. The one I rented predated the chassis upgrade in 2009. Handled like a garden gate. I'd like to try one with the new chassis--I hear the front and rear wheels are now in the same plane!

well, It is not like I jump onto a full dress harley HOG, (see definition of ultra classic below) and expect to race up a mountan road. It is a Cruiser, if I wanna travel 300 miles it rides nice down the highways... even when you pass or get passed by a SEMI tractor trailer it holds it's own fairly well.

(there is a lot more words in the name, all I can recall is "ultra classic" lol. but ULTRA means it has EVERYTHING they put onto the full dress bike, you know faring saddlebags, trunk, etc CB and headphone communnication system setup. Here's a stock photo of dad's 2003 100th anniversary one.

But, I cant agree more about most of the rest of the HD bikes, are just frames with engines, not much more handling I guess... Kind of like what is seen in certain hotrods (rat rods especially) that might look "cool", but I'm like "really your going to drive that POS in a parade/cruise when it is above 90, no ac, and having to be stooped over, to see out the chop top?" Not me, lol, least you wont be roadracing in this thing with those drum brakes...
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote