ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #16
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.
 
brewtus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, not New, not Mexico.......
Oddometer: 2,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
HHhhmmm, them guys with the craniel rectal inversion could use some real time on a bike ! You mothball one vintage bike and have to start riding the next! Sounds like outta space or just touched.

Nope. Just can't afford a nice modern streetbike. Hell, the newest bike I own is my 2005 4RT.
__________________
Work hard. Play hard.
Team Dead End. The drinking team with a Trials problem.
2-Time winner of the coveted "Best Shenanigans" award at Capt. Rick's annual BBQ.
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #17
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: nm
Oddometer: 2,275
Have you seen Honda`s 2013 lineup. A cb1000f (twin shock) with fuel injection and 3 500`s that look like yamaha`s failed 550 vision of 1984.
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #18
ridenm
not waiting anymore
 
ridenm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Carnuel, NM USA
Oddometer: 2,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
Have you seen Honda`s 2013 lineup. A cb1000f (twin shock) with fuel injection and 3 500`s that look like yamaha`s failed 550 vision of 1984.
Haven't seen the 500's yet, but that CB1000 is sharp.

I've seen a few H-D baggers with ape-hangers. So part of the reason for a fairing is to get your hands out of the air stream, but then you put apes on the thing so your hands are above the top edge of the fairing?

__________________
I've learned to live with reduced expectations--I'm a Vikings fan.
ridenm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #19
Sting32 OP
Trials Evangelist
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Ks
Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenm View Post
Haven't seen the 500's yet, but that CB1000 is sharp.

I've seen a few H-D baggers with ape-hangers. So part of the reason for a fairing is to get your hands out of the air stream, but then you put apes on the thing so your hands are above the top edge of the fairing?

Oh, no. You buy a HD to be cool, then you modify it to be "unique" which is oxymoronic, as well as expensive.

Dad has one, an Ultra-classic though (it is the HD goldwing crowd, kind of different than the chopper/apehanger crowd inside the HD ranks I guess). I like it, and Rides nicer but weighs about double what the old gold-wing did, I feel, so like the old Cadillacs, rides nice. I'd like one but they are friggin expensive.
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #20
ridenm
not waiting anymore
 
ridenm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Carnuel, NM USA
Oddometer: 2,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
Oh, no. You buy a HD to be cool, then you modify it to be "unique" which is oxymoronic, as well as expensive.

Dad has one, an Ultra-classic though (it is the HD goldwing crowd, kind of different than the chopper/apehanger crowd inside the HD ranks I guess). I like it, and Rides nicer but weighs about double what the old gold-wing did, I feel, so like the old Cadillacs, rides nice. I'd like one but they are friggin expensive.
I rented an Electra-Glide Classic more than a few years ago, when I was attending a two-week Johnson Controls school in Milwaukee. Spent the lay-over weekend tooling around the fair Dairy State. The one I rented predated the chassis upgrade in 2009. Handled like a garden gate. I'd like to try one with the new chassis--I hear the front and rear wheels are now in the same plane!

__________________
I've learned to live with reduced expectations--I'm a Vikings fan.
ridenm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #21
Sting32 OP
Trials Evangelist
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Ks
Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenm View Post
I rented an Electra-Glide Classic more than a few years ago, when I was attending a two-week Johnson Controls school in Milwaukee. Spent the lay-over weekend tooling around the fair Dairy State. The one I rented predated the chassis upgrade in 2009. Handled like a garden gate. I'd like to try one with the new chassis--I hear the front and rear wheels are now in the same plane!

well, It is not like I jump onto a full dress harley HOG, (see definition of ultra classic below) and expect to race up a mountan road. It is a Cruiser, if I wanna travel 300 miles it rides nice down the highways... even when you pass or get passed by a SEMI tractor trailer it holds it's own fairly well.

(there is a lot more words in the name, all I can recall is "ultra classic" lol. but ULTRA means it has EVERYTHING they put onto the full dress bike, you know faring saddlebags, trunk, etc CB and headphone communnication system setup. Here's a stock photo of dad's 2003 100th anniversary one.



But, I cant agree more about most of the rest of the HD bikes, are just frames with engines, not much more handling I guess... Kind of like what is seen in certain hotrods (rat rods especially) that might look "cool", but I'm like "really your going to drive that POS in a parade/cruise when it is above 90, no ac, and having to be stooped over, to see out the chop top?" Not me, lol, least you wont be roadracing in this thing with those drum brakes...
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014