Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 04:36 PM   #1756
Mr.Black999
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloop View Post
This is the exhaust I would like to hear.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CB500X...7a6cfa&vxp=mtr
Here are the different mufflers, I can't seem to find the headers at the moment.

Mr.Black999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #1757
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewTucker23 View Post
I would say it's the best sounding by any means. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcr0...e_gdata_player Dogjaw where did you get your pipe from for that price?

Motosport.com; I kept listening to YouTube clips, and kept going going back to the GP Corsa, regardless of price. I liked the regular aluminum, the carbon just seemed a little over the top.

Still couldn't resist adding some carbon tape to the strap...

The Ride for Trevor:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=941454
Old 01-09-2014, 10:20 PM   #1758
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrz View Post
Liking those Yoshi Sliders, Dogjaw.

Thanks for the link.
Sliders?
I missed something....
I'm looking for sliders for the cb5x....

Edit:
Found them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogjaw View Post
Also, saw these on EBay; pretty sparky:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US
Seems a little pricey, no?

dirtydeeds screwed with this post 01-09-2014 at 10:31 PM
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:54 AM   #1759
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,921
Not sure if a set of regular frame sliders would fit the 500X; if someone has a set laying around, you might try them on and give us an update...

The Ride for Trevor:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=941454
Old 01-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #1760
Lonebiker
n00b

Oddometer: 7
CB500X for 2014?

Hi,

Last summer, i rode the CB500F at two occasions. The x wasn't available yet. I was amazed by the lack of vibration (excellent point) and the lack of sound by the muffler (bad point, as it seems to me as a lack of caracter). I'm looking for an all-purpose bike. I owned the following:

V-Strom 1000 2006
Good for gravel road but too heavy and not enough travel suspension for small rough fire road.

KLR 650 2008 (aka the great oil burner)
Too vibey for my taste. Much better on gravel roads than the Strom. But, for single trails, the vibey oil burner is too heavy. After reading reviews of the 2008 model, i was convinced that it was the perfect bike for me. It wasn't. Remove the vibes, replace the tweety bird sound of the muffler and oil burner motor and maybe i'll returned to the KLR.

WR205X 2010
Since 2008, i demo ride the X and the R several times. The idea to get a 250 cc was a turn-off. But after a couple of demo ride with the DRZ-400 (S and SM), the Yamaga get my seal of approval. So i trade in the great vibey oil burner for this little bike. And for those who thinks that a 17 incher isn't good enough for gravel roads, just go trying it. I was quite surprised as long that i kept in mind that i ride a street bike. Same goes for an adventure bike.

With time, i learned that i don't need a pricey and heavy adventure bike. I tried a couple of them. I seen them as sport tourer capable of soft off-roading.

Because i remembered that i did a couple of trips with a GS400S (41 hp) and went riding fire road with a Yamaha Seca II (60 hp and 441 wet weight). I guess that the CB500X will be a great choice for my next bike. But of course, the limited travel suspension is a negative point. The Husky TR650 didn't survive. Sad thing. I wish for a bike with a bit more off road spirit that the CB500X.

Lonebiker screwed with this post 01-12-2014 at 01:02 PM
Lonebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:27 PM   #1761
Dchap
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
540 miles on the clock, almost ready for the first service.. This bike is a blast to ride! I kinda thought it was underpowered during breakin as I never really pushed it. Did about 80 miles today and shifting around 8k the fun really begins! This bike feels like a sportsbike when you rev it, fun, fun! A real bargin at this price point..

15 Ducati M821
Dchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:21 AM   #1762
Falp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Just ordered the SW Motech crash bars!

I wasn't sure if I wanted to make the CB500X look heavier and considered frame sliders, but I love riding in shorts in the summer and my Transalp 650 crash bars save me and the bike a few times a few years ago...

2013 Honda CB500X
Falp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:18 AM   #1763
hillbillyhonda
corn fused

Oddometer: 322
Got my handguards on. Thanks AndrewTucker23 for the link. I didn't have as much luck putting mine on. Maybe it was just the frigid temps throwing me off. I had to move the stock windscreen to the lower position for clearance, and tilt the brake master and clutch perch up/back for the handguard to clear the plastic over the top of the tank (tilting the levers back made them line up in the middle of the handguards.) They still turned out pretty nice for $28, and they keep my Hippo Hands from applying the brakes at 60mph.

http://www.amazon.com/TMS-Motocross-...cle+handguards
Old 01-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #1764
hillbillyhonda
corn fused

I know it has been kicked around a thousand times already, but what about some dirtbike suspension on the 500X? I may be able to get a 1997 XR250R dirt cheap. It has the 21/18 wheels, with conventional forks and lots of travel (compared to the X.) The forks are the same diameter as the X (41mm), but what is the deal with the leading axle situation? I know it will change the rake and take away some of the ground clearance that it would add. Would it cause any major problems other than changing the handling drastically? I know that going to the 21/18 would change the handling as well.

Not that I am going to go through with this conversion, but it's always fun to think of the possibilities. Besides, I can probably get this XR250 pretty cheap, so why not have extra parts laying around.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:33 AM   #1765
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyhonda View Post
I know it has been kicked around a thousand times already, but what about some dirtbike suspension on the 500X? I may be able to get a 1997 XR250R dirt cheap. It has the 21/18 wheels, with conventional forks and lots of travel (compared to the X.) The forks are the same diameter as the X (41mm), but what is the deal with the leading axle situation? I know it will change the rake and take away some of the ground clearance that it would add. Would it cause any major problems other than changing the handling drastically? I know that going to the 21/18 would change the handling as well.

Not that I am going to go through with this conversion, but it's always fun to think of the possibilities. Besides, I can probably get this XR250 pretty cheap, so why not have extra parts laying around.
Jeeeezz, not this again...

Paul
Old 01-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #1766
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,741
[QUO TE=hillbillyhonda;23218457]I know it has been kicked around a thousand times already, but what about some dirtbike suspension on the 500X? I may be able to get a 1997 XR250R dirt cheap. It has the 21/18 wheels, with conventional forks and lots of travel (compared to the X.) The forks are the same diameter as the X (41mm), but what is the deal with the leading axle situation? I know it will change the rake and take away some of the ground clearance that it would add. Would it cause any major problems other than changing the handling drastically? I know that going to the 21/18 would change the handling as well.

Not that I am going to go through with this conversion, but it's always fun to think of the possibilities. Besides, I can probably get this XR250 pretty cheap, so why not have extra parts laying around.[/QUOTE]

You will have to use the XR triple clamps because without them you are changing trail and bike will have to light of steering to be safe. !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #1767
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadscum View Post
Jeeeezz, not this again...

Paul
Yeah, this conversation does not belong to Florida riders.

I'd rather be riding!

Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:10 PM   #1768
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortwestRider View Post
[QUO TE=hillbillyhonda;23218457]I know it has been kicked around a thousand times already, but what about some dirtbike suspension on the 500X? I may be able to get a 1997 XR250R dirt cheap. It has the 21/18 wheels, with conventional forks and lots of travel (compared to the X.) The forks are the same diameter as the X (41mm), but what is the deal with the leading axle situation? I know it will change the rake and take away some of the ground clearance that it would add. Would it cause any major problems other than changing the handling drastically? I know that going to the 21/18 would change the handling as well.

You will have to use the XR triple clamps because without them you are changing trail and bike will have to light of steering to be safe. !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

+

And the issue is to know whether the XR250R triple clamps will fit the CB500X in terms of tank and fairings, lock to lock.

I'd rather be riding!

Lion BR screwed with this post 01-14-2014 at 12:37 PM
Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #1769
hillbillyhonda
corn fused

Thanks. I found this converter on All Balls Racing's website. Just put in your bike and it will tell you what bearings you need to use the front end of another bike. I don't think it crosses from dirt to street though.
http://www.allballsracing.com/index.php/forkconversion
Old 01-14-2014, 12:58 PM   #1770
vintagebob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Can't you guys just wait until Honda comes out with a CRF500L?