Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2014, 02:46 PM   #2281
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,222
I own this chock to work on bikes w/o center stand & that do not have skid plates.
For those bike i have an ATV lift like posted above and lift up right on the skid plate.
i have also used the ATV to lift a heavy cruiser by placing some wood blocks and ply wood in a way that it lifted up against the engine. worked great & stable as it was strapped down.
This tool is cheap and effective however, if you are going to own only 1 lift type tool.

http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ock-97841.html
20% additional off coupons are easy to find printed or online to print.
makes it $48 at a HF store.

it works on front or rear tire. chock is very adjustable. mount up bike in chock. strap down the bike to the stand. place a car floor jack under the engine, suspension or component & lift the other wheel up.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350

eakins screwed with this post 02-25-2014 at 02:52 PM
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:16 PM   #2282
theloop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogjaw View Post
Nah, have to be a pall bearer in a funeral today, so I'm dropping it off and havering the wife pick me up; besides, they claim they can't even order the kit without having the bike on hand...

The Ride for Trevor:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=941454
A good dealer will get your vin number from you and order the parts. Mother Honda does not know if the bike is at the dealership or not. Of course if you bought the bike from a far away dealer to save a couple hundred bucks, the dealership may do this since he don't see you as a customer. I bought mine from a dealership about 100 miles from my home, so I will see how this plays out when I get my recall notice. I guess it could also depend on if their shop has a backup of repairs, then I would guess I may be put on the back burner.
theloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #2283
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,776
i got my bike from a dealer just over 2 hours away because my local one wouldn't work with me on getting one. My local dealer said for me to go F myself when i asked them about the recall and said they couldn't get the parts anyway because they didn't sell the bike. complete BS. the dealer that i got all my addons from has already got the kit in stock and I'm carrying it Saturday. told me to just let them know when i leave home and they would be waiting on me when i get there. 45 minute ride from here. Said they would get it done and have me on the way in no time. Said they have already done two so far.

This is also the dealer that gave me the 10% discount on all of my parts and shop manual and sent me the shield for my new helmet free of charge because I bought 900 bucks worth of parts from them.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:46 AM   #2284
Murphy Slaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
i got my bike from a dealer just over 2 hours away because my local one wouldn't work with me on getting one. My local dealer said for me to go F myself when i asked them about the recall and said they couldn't get the parts anyway because they didn't sell the bike. complete BS.

I wouldn't let them work on my bike anyway.

Ever.

Under ANY condition.

Period.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg
Murphy Slaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:35 AM   #2285
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

trust me that's the last time I set foot in that place.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:19 AM   #2286
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,698
I would go in there every chance I got, especially after a trip to Taco Bell; seriously, I have been known to send copies of invoices from future purchases to the offending dealer's owner, detailing how much I spent and exactly why I didn't spend it with them, naming names if necessary... Some hit the roof, some don't care, but it makes me feel better.

The Ride for Trevor:
Old 02-27-2014, 08:54 AM   #2287
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

she's the owners wife and he was standing right there. They trully give no shits about people buying from them. Everyone knows how they are but being teh only honda dealer in town.. hell the only bike/quad dealer in town has kept them in business all these years. but I do like the idea of letting them know just how much stuff I buy else where.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:22 AM   #2288
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,698
Send a copy to their competitors as well; it's amazing how that kind of thing happens to be left for customers to see.

The Ride for Trevor:
Old 02-27-2014, 09:28 AM   #2289
hillbillyhonda
corn fused

Oddometer: 209
Just ordered this windscreen. It's on backorder right now, but maybe it's worth the wait. It's only $95 retail.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #2290
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

I ordered the Givi windshield and rear rack yesterday. Only other mods I want to do is the Leo Vaince muffler, a skid plate and LED lights. But those will have to happen one at a time. I've taped my mad money out for now.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:13 AM   #2291
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,035
Speaking letting a dealer know how much you spent somewhere else. When I got back from Iraq in 06, I went to the Harley Dealer in North Austin. Salesman comes out and asks if he can help me. I told him I wanted the Buell Ulysses right there, pointing to it. Salesman,"Well if you have any questions, I'll be at my desk." He then turned and went back to his desk.

Short story long, I went back four days later and asked for the manager. Told my story and then asked him to look at the back of my truck with an 06 Triumph Sprint ST with dealer tag I just picked up. Told him it could have been a bike with his dealer tag had it not been for that salesman!!

I don't know if it did any good, but made me feel better.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:16 PM   #2292
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

This is one reasion I bought my 500 where I did. They where the only ones with one in the state and when I went to look at it the salesman cam over asked us if he could help us and stayed right there answering every question he could as we looked the bike over. And he stayed with us untill we said we had seen what we needed to. Handed me his card and said when I got ready to buy give him a call and he'd handle it. I talked to him 3 more times takeing care of things for my lone. The only thing he wouldn't do was talk about the adons I wanted. I would buy a bike there again.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #2293
BroncoDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,919
I just called my local Honda dealer and ask them about this recall because I was considering buying this bikes the service guy new nothing about the recall the mechanic new nothing about the recall and the salesman knew nothing about the recall for the boltsI found it very interesting ..... The reason I called was I heard there is a recall on the light socket for my tenere and once again they knew nothing about that either

F SNOW IN IT's BLEACHED WHITE ASS
BroncoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:50 PM   #2294
hillbillyhonda
corn fused

Oddometer: 209
Looking to get some of these too. They're less expensive than SW-Motech. http://www.puigusa.com/

Old 02-28-2014, 11:54 AM   #2295
Cigar Mike
Too Old and Too Slow

Oddometer: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyhonda View Post
Looking to get some of these too. They're less expensive than SW-Motech. http://www.puigusa.com/

How much for those?

500 is in the shop getting the recall done today and the 600 mile service. Dealer called to let me know they had the parts. It looks like it will snow here this weekend and I won't pick it up until next week. The dealer said they would deliver it to my house if I could not drive it home. I liked the dealer before and I think I will have to give them as much business as I can if they provide that kind of customer service. Fey Myers seems to be one of the good ones. Honda, Kawasaki, Ducati and KTM dealer.