Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2014, 06:48 AM   #2971
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,898
The 009s stick very well, and there's not a lot of diffrence in the front two tires. I think youed be fine just replaceing the rear. But I do know I have noticed my front has some ware on it allready so you might want to look it over really well. The front on my FZ had wear on it I didn't really see untill I let the air out. Might air it down nand look it over before you order just a rear.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:26 AM   #2972
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,730
I did notice a good bit of scuffing on my front , but still lots if tread left, may just go ahead and snag a pair for 160.00 shipped and call it a day... I hate that I just installed Rideon in both tires, but will do it again immediately.

The Ride for Trevor:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=941454
Old 04-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #2973
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Garden in a top box.

The 50lbs bag of triple 13 is on the seat.

Didn't want to drive my truck today.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #2974
ShenandoahRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray View Post
That's the thought, anyway! Function is the name of my game. I have to admit that the CB500X is a fantastic bike for my tiny 5'6" 125lb self. And the CRF can do pretty much anything I want if I don't want the comfort of the CB.
Some of you X riders have commented on the bike being perfect for your (relatively smaller) body sizes. Are there some of you who are more in my size and weight class (I'm 6 foot, 185 lbs.) who would be willing to comment on its rideability for you?
ShenandoahRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:12 PM   #2975
ShenandoahRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogjaw View Post
Henceforth from this moment, the bike previously known as the Nc700 will now be christened as the PC700, a rightful heir to the minivan of motorbikes, the PC800.
I had to look up the PC800, dogjaw. Now I know this was some kinda smack you were talkin'! (That was one ugly-ass bike; apologies to those with different aesthetics).

The gauntlet has been thrown...
ShenandoahRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #2976
joncho
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenandoahRider View Post
Some of you X riders have commented on the bike being perfect for your (relatively smaller) body sizes. Are there some of you who are more in my size and weight class (I'm 6 foot, 185 lbs.) who would be willing to comment on its rideability for you?
Hello!

I am 6'2 and about 195 lbs or so. I find the bike perfect for me. Easy to ride and maneuver. I am 32" inseam by the way.

I did a trip that was 400 miles and towards the end the seat was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable though. Nothing too bad.

I hope this helps you.
joncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #2977
cls
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 979
I'm 6'01", 190 and used to big(ger) bikes. The X is on the smaller side, but it's not bad at all. It's just not roomy. There are certain advantages to that, as well. Give and take.
cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:07 PM   #2978
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenandoahRider View Post
I had to look up the PC800, dogjaw. Now I know this was some kinda smack you were talkin'! (That was one ugly-ass bike; apologies to those with different aesthetics).

The gauntlet has been thrown...

As my kids use to say, "well, they started it!!" As I was outnumbered, I had to hit below the belt; that, and the fact that I'm a towering 5'6", below the belt is sometimes the only target I can reach!!

Got my Seat Concepts saddle in today, now I have to find me a staple gun and I'll be sitting comfy.

The Ride for Trevor:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=941454
Old 04-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #2979
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,483
Quote:

Got my Seat Concepts saddle in today, now I have to find me a staple gun and I'll be sitting comfy.
Let us know if there's a height change.
Thx.
ATC350X
550MXC
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #2980
garzan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
6'1" and 185. I find the X quite comfortable. I also like being able to put my feet flat on the ground at a light. Only had it for a week or so, and liking it a lot. Here in Thailand it's a monster big bike. :-)
garzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:00 PM   #2981
sodapop
Caffeinated

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
You should cover that in white leather.

2007 VFR800A

sodapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:25 PM   #2982
trashgar
n00b

Oddometer: 5
At 5'11+'' - 200lbs 32 inseam, I can flat foot easily and find the bike comfortable. An inch more in height would have been nice. But no complaints. I have traveled 75 miles at a stretch.
trashgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #2983
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

I'm 6'2" and around 155lbs. the only problem I have is my legs are a tad cramped. I think this has more to do with nerve damage then anything else. my legs don't like to stay in one position for more then 100 miles, only other thing that has bugged me is the forward lean of the seat.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:31 PM   #2984
novaman64
Some sumo guy

Oddometer: 44
Well, have been reading this thread over the course of the past week. Got rid of my Daytona 675 about a month ago and was looking for a new bike. Normally was running around town (I live in the foothills mountains) and also wanted something I could blast some fire roads on, and also something more comfy for the few times when the fiance hops on the back. Used to race some MX, supermoto and flat track, been riding since I was 4 so not new to bikes. That being said I went by my old sponsoring honda dealer and they let me take a 500x out for a ride over the weekend. I had a blast, ear to ear smiles, needless to say I brought a 2014 CB500X home. Ordered up a PCV and a Leo Vince LV One Sull system (got smoking deals on both).

Have a spare suspension setup off my old supermoto race bike (CRF250R suspension). The front end looks like it should be too bad to get swapped over, where Im concerned is the rear end. Reading through this thread it sounded like TXTALLYWHACKER was workign on doing something similar... Any progress? Im wondering if I need to have a shock built to a custom lentgth for what I want, or if I can modify existing linkage, or if its best to try and swap on a different swingarm. Looking at the pics of the bikes over in Thailand (I think that where it was with the 21" front wheel), it looks like they are running the OEM rear swingarm....

Anyways, love the bike, took a super tight twisty road home from the dealer and it was just so flickable, reminded me of my supermoto, even got it backin in a touch into a tight 10mph corner.

Was taking some measurements from a spare set of CRF footpegs I have, and it looks like I can make them work with jsut some minor modification... Get rid of the yucky stocker pegs.

novaman64 screwed with this post 04-21-2014 at 10:39 PM
novaman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:06 AM   #2985
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,710
Ok, went out with my son on his CBR500 and oem gearing and me on the X with the 39 on the rear.

I am usually looking for 7th gear in any 100 kph zone but never even gave it a thought on this ride. Riding at same speeds in same gears shows that revs drop around just over 200 rpm and that the X500 fifth is pretty close to the oem 6th.

We swapped bikes and both of us felt that the 39 on the rear improves the ride of the bike a fair bit. Once I can get a longer ride in I will be able to check on any difference in fuel use.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote