Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #3631
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,784
Do it, probably the best change I have done so far was fitting a set of Pivot Pegz.

Fitted a set of Pirelli MT60 Corsa tyres today, will see how they work out.

xronly

Cruz screwed with this post 06-20-2014 at 12:20 AM
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:17 AM   #3632
B02S4
Aye

Oddometer: 946
^ the tires look great, I'm interested in your impressions when you get more time on them on different surfaces.
B02S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:04 AM   #3633
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar Mike View Post
I would like to put the off road foot pegs on both bikes as well. These are fine but after so many years with the other type, I miss them when standing. I am amazed how much they want for the darn things.
They have a high cost, for sure.
I picket up some different pegs for my 990. Also a pricey affair but I would do if again.

I'll be looking a different pegs for the CB5X, too. I'm interested in any opinions of the different styles.
ATC350X
550MXC
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #3634
Fin
Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer: 2,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
Do it, probably the best change I have done so far was fitting a set of Pivot Pegz.
Snip
I have those on my GS and love them. What fitment did you choose for the X, I just looked over their we page and didn't see anything for the CB500X?

Cheers

Fin

IBA#12239
BMW MOA #124707
Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: ByFAeFySLnQKM
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #3635
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

I trial fitted a mates mark 2 pivot pegs for the previous model dl650 Suzuki wee Strom and they bolted straight on.

I ordered a set but received the Mark 3 Pivot Pegz which are slightly different and needed some work on the bike mounts to allow proper figment. It wasn't much work, but if you can buy the Mark 2 model then they should just bolt straight on. They also fit an XT 600 Yamaha as well.

xronly

Cruz screwed with this post 06-20-2014 at 07:08 PM
Old 06-21-2014, 06:14 AM   #3636
Fin
Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer: 2,324
Quote:
I trial fitted a mates mark 2 pivot pegs for the previous model dl650 Suzuki wee Strom and they bolted straight on.

I ordered a set but received the Mark 3 Pivot Pegz which are slightly different and needed some work on the bike mounts to allow proper figment. It wasn't much work, but if you can buy the Mark 2 model then they should just bolt straight on. They also fit an XT 600 Yamaha as well.
Thanks Cruz. A set of these and bar risers will totally change the game for my wife when she gets hers.

Cheers

Fin

IBA#12239
BMW MOA #124707
Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: ByFAeFySLnQKM
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:06 AM   #3637
greenreese
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I went the opposite way on mine. Low bar. I felt the stock bars were too high, skinny, and had too much up and backsweep. It made the bike feel too upright and very unstable going around turns. Every time I went around the rotary to get on the highway I had trouble keeping a consistent lean. The stock bars are 29in wide and I replaced them with 31.5in Pro Taper SE bars and mx grips. The new bars are about 3 inches lower with less up/back sweep. This brought me more forward with more weight over the front end and opened up the hand position and shoulders. With the stock bars I liked my hands on the barends. It also helped me get a better view around my arms in the mirrors and helped them clear the windscreen. I'm 6'3" and have a daily 55+ mile roundtrip mostly highway commute into the city. Lots of stop and go traffic too. It also moved my head a little lower and out of the gulfstream and made a more stable tuck position. The bike now feels more like a dirtbike and I can lean wayyy harder into turns. They improved the ride quality a ton, it feels like an entirely different motorcycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray View Post
Less then 1000 miles on the bike and already have a running light burn out.

Calling the Honda Dealer where I purchased it resulted in them softly laughing at me trying to get a free bulb. Am I crazy for asking?

The exact same bulb went out on mine within the first 3 weeks. The blinker still worked, but the running light was out just like yours.

greenreese screwed with this post 06-21-2014 at 06:34 PM
greenreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #3638
drassif
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Cb500x price

I was just wondering what people were paying for a 2013 or 2014 cb500x otd before sales tax.
Thanks
drassif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:01 PM   #3639
rockydrxrvr
Multi Meter Meathead

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by drassif View Post
I was just wondering what people were paying for a 2013 or 2014 cb500x otd before sales tax.
Thanks
$6400
In Oregon, very popular bike, can't keep them on the showroom floor.
rockydrxrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:01 PM   #3640
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Quote:
Fitted a set of Pirelli MT60 Corsa tyres today, will see how they work out.

I think Honda should have fitted these tyres as OEM on the CB500X. A fair improvement in ride and traction all round over the Scorpions.

Will see how long they last!

xronly
Old 06-22-2014, 06:26 AM   #3641
TedG540
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenreese View Post
I went the opposite way on mine. Low bar. I felt the stock bars were too high, skinny, and had too much up and backsweep. It made the bike feel too upright and very unstable going around turns. Every time I went around the rotary to get on the highway I had trouble keeping a consistent lean. The stock bars are 29in wide and I replaced them with 31.5in Pro Taper SE bars and mx grips. The new bars are about 3 inches lower with less up/back sweep. This brought me more forward with more weight over the front end and opened up the hand position and shoulders. With the stock bars I liked my hands on the barends. It also helped me get a better view around my arms in the mirrors and helped them clear the windscreen. I'm 6'3" and have a daily 55+ mile roundtrip mostly highway commute into the city. Lots of stop and go traffic too. It also moved my head a little lower and out of the gulfstream and made a more stable tuck position. The bike now feels more like a dirtbike and I can lean wayyy harder into turns. They improved the ride quality a ton, it feels like an entirely different motorcycle.
Have you noticed any vibrations in the handle bars with out the bar weights?
TedG540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:12 AM   #3642
greenreese
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG540 View Post
Have you noticed any vibrations in the handle bars with out the bar weights?
Nope, and the new grips are much softer, so I would even say a reduction in vibrations.
greenreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #3643
TedG540
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenreese View Post
Nope, and the new grips are much softer, so I would even say a reduction in vibrations.

Thanks. This is good to hear.
TedG540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:17 PM   #3644
rockydrxrvr
Multi Meter Meathead

Oddometer: 145
Miles Per Gallon

How could this be???

Topped off tank, went for a 138 mile ride, topped tank off again---it took
1.925 gallons of mid-range fuel, ---that comes out to about 71 miles per gallon.
Note: I changed the counter shaft sprocket up 2 teeth TO a 17 tooth sprocket, and this was a variety of freeway, mountain passes, and 2 miles of stand on the peg rough logging roads.

Is the 17 tooth counter 'fooling' the odometer? I know the route, one of my favorites, so the 138 is very close to being right on.

I got 60mpg with stock gearing so....I surmise this is delightfully a bonus with this little tiger.
rockydrxrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #3645
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 98,885
Changing the sprocket will throw off the odometer reading with the CB500X because it's driven by the transmission. So you could probably compute actual mileage by multiplying by a ratio of orginal sprocket versus larger sprocket.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote