Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #346
Crashit
GO HARD OR NOT AT ALL

Oddometer: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeanz View Post
Out, travelin rig is still in the shop, apply my fees to having a good time.
Man what a bummer, one of the people I was highly going to enjoy catching up with. Good luck hope to see you next year.
Crashit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #347
guavadude
de-composer

Oddometer: 696
BMW Rallye 3 gloves

I've got a like new pair of BMW Rallye 3 gloves, size 8-8.5 in black/gold.
Great gloves, I just need a different size. I wore them one time on a short ride to Starbucks.

$75 if anyone wants them lmk and I'll bring them.
http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=80581

Please PM me...thx
guavadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #348
Crashit
GO HARD OR NOT AT ALL

Oddometer: 513
So my plan was to head straight there Friday morning, but I just had a guy quit and no one to cover my funerals Friday. Looks like I'm working then I'll be there.
Crashit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #349
Elvis70
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,053
Will do, but a new wrinkle. Sophia has a 102 fever. Above 101 she can't go to school. If it is at or near that in the morning I have to keep her and probably take her to the doc. If it ain't one thing it is another.

Bike is all ready, and started without a jump today. Running great and shiny to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Shoot me a text if you go. I may go too, but not gonna if it's raining.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #350
spdrcr
scrambling

Oddometer: 11
Well, it looks like I'll be able to head down Friday with a little cash and see if there's any scraps. I reckon at least I'll be able to find somewhere to pitch a tent and maybe a stray beer or two! This'll be my first adv rally, I'll be riding my Triumph Scrambler, so I won't be attacking the hardcore single track, but there oughta be some entertaining fire roads around there somewhere.
spdrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #351
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,826
Looks like a pretty good forecast to me, especially considering the crap we've been dealing with. At least it ain't gonna snow.

Thursday
Mostly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. High of 77F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Thursday Night
Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. Low of 59F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Friday
Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. High of 81F. Winds from the SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.

Friday Night
Overcast with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain after midnight. Low of 63F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 20%.

Saturday
Overcast with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain. High of 86F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 20%.

Saturday Night
Clear in the evening, then overcast. Low of 63F. Winds less than 5 mph.

Sunday
Partly cloudy. Fog early. High of 88F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph.

Man Ball Rolls Through Coloutahrado 2014!
Scribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #352
4jranch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 547
Bikes loaded on the trailer, gear packed...looking forward to the weekend.
4jranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #353
njoytheride
NJOYN' THE JOURNEY

Oddometer: 856
Bummer Dean, always good to see you out riding. I've been called out for work several times the past week. This whole work thing is messing up my fun time.
Lord willing I'll be there Thursday night with a trailer load of fire wood. Can't have good stories without a campfire.
Weather looks like scattered rain Thursday , slight chance of scatter showers Friday and Saturday. Hope everyone gets to Byrds safe and sound.
njoytheride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #354
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,646
This is going to be a good party for sure, I'm bringing along a couple of long rangers

These two:

One from halfway around the World from NZ just arriving today at TUL:

And the ADV famous John Downs out of Nebraska, fresh back from his Latin America ride:

We even got nametags and all that shit

Thanks to Tomski

Looking forward to all the fun.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #355
jgas
Stoogely Adventurerer

Oddometer: 843
Not street legal?

I have the ONLY unreliable DRZ in the world. It is running bad again, can't find the problem. Getting really lean. I can stuff rags behind the air filter to choke it, adjust the amount of rags until it cleans up the jetting, and ride it all day, but I'm afraid I might create a too lean condition and hurt it, or it might leave me stranded. I've had 2 other DRZs, both were as reliable as anything I've ever owned. Weird.

Long story short, I only have my GasGas 2 stroke to ride. I can redneck rig a headlight and taillight, but it won't really be even close to legal. I can do about 75-80 miles carrying 2 extra quarts of fuel. Last year I was advised to come anyway and there would be off road only guys to ride with. Still the same this year? I'll probably arrive Friday afternoon, primitive camp, hope to find some guys to ride with that afternoon and Sat. I'm undecided about Sunday, might go to a local Scramble with some friends, but should be at SLAP for Friday afternoon and all of Sat. If I'm having enough fun, might just stay for Sun.

I'll have to bring my cell phone and climb the mountains a couple times to check on a relative who had a stroke, there's a remote possibility I may need to leave early, but not too likely, she's seemingly stable for now.

By the way, I know some of the 1 and 2 track around the Mill Creek area. With some hunting around I could probably even lead the way on the smaller trails in that area if needed. I've ridden up and down Hwy 23 many times from Byrds to Mill Creek, never seen any LEOs so If I need to do some pavement riding I'll LOOK legal unless pulled over.
-DRZ 400, GasGas 275, Klein, zero cc.
jgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:36 AM   #356
jgas
Stoogely Adventurerer

Oddometer: 843
Who said the Blue Loop was singletrack?

I just remembered that I needed to respond to some previous thread regarding the WR/Mill Creek area saying that the Blue Loop is singletrack. Nothing could be farther from the truth! You can drive a small-medium 4x4, (Jeep, Toyota/Nissan/Isuzu trucks, etc), through any part of the Blue Loop. A big side by side UTV would fit with plenty room to spare. In the last 10+ yrs big ATVs and 4x4s have blasted out the Blue Loop. A few yrs ago I drove a completely stock Isuzu Trooper with only 31" tires on about 10 miles of Blue Loop without too much difficulty.

Not that I mean you'd want to ride a big adventure bike there as it's still fairly challenging on a small bike, it's rutted, rocky, steep, muddy, has deep creek crossings, you name it. But it's a zillion miles away from singletrack. You wouldn't want to take your family 4x4 SUV there due to the ruggedness, but it would fit through the "trail". Now it's more of a very rough road, although 20 yrs ago it was much more narrow and technical.

I just thought I needed to clarify for those who know what singletrack really means, 6-12" wide on the ground and 30-40" wide at the bars. If you are looking for singletrack it's out there, but mostly unmarked, often hard to find, although most of it is pretty well maintained and easy to find if you know where to look. (Or have GPS tracks of it).

When I go there I usually start on Blue Loop which gets me to various parts of the singletrack. My usual ride consists of riding a section of singletrack, getting tired, then cruising around on Blue Loop to rest and stop at overlooks or access a dirt road. After some easier riding on Blue Loop, I do another singletrack loop. Certain sections of Blue Loop are more difficult than some of the singletrack since it's so eroded The singletrack out there is some of the best in the world in my opinion. It's rough and rocky too, but very well laid out and well maintained except for some faceslappers.

There is also some excellent singletrack on and around Byrds Adventure Center. They host Harescramble races that start in the Byrds campground. I do know those sections and could lead a singletrack trail ride there if needed. The singletrack around Byrds Campground is fairly easy on little bikes. I have done all of it, and 95% of Mill Creek/White Rock on a KLR 650, but it was work! Much more fun on a small bike.

Holy smokes, I got long winded! I hope you read these posts right before bed, I bet you're sleepy.
-DRZ 400, GasGas 275, Klein, zero cc.

jgas screwed with this post 05-16-2013 at 01:52 AM
jgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:59 AM   #357
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgas View Post
I have the ONLY unreliable DRZ in the world. It is running bad again, can't find the problem. Getting really lean. I can stuff rags behind the air filter to choke it, adjust the amount of rags until it cleans up the jetting, and ride it all day, but I'm afraid I might create a too lean condition and hurt it, or it might leave me stranded. I've had 2 other DRZs, both were as reliable as anything I've ever owned. Weird.

Long story short, I only have my GasGas 2 stroke to ride. I can redneck rig a headlight and taillight, but it won't really be even close to legal. I can do about 75-80 miles carrying 2 extra quarts of fuel. Last year I was advised to come anyway and there would be off road only guys to ride with. Still the same this year? I'll probably arrive Friday afternoon, primitive camp, hope to find some guys to ride with that afternoon and Sat. I'm undecided about Sunday, might go to a local Scramble with some friends, but should be at SLAP for Friday afternoon and all of Sat. If I'm having enough fun, might just stay for Sun.

I'll have to bring my cell phone and climb the mountains a couple times to check on a relative who had a stroke, there's a remote possibility I may need to leave early, but not too likely, she's seemingly stable for now.

By the way, I know some of the 1 and 2 track around the Mill Creek area. With some hunting around I could probably even lead the way on the smaller trails in that area if needed. I've ridden up and down Hwy 23 many times from Byrds to Mill Creek, never seen any LEOs so If I need to do some pavement riding I'll LOOK legal unless pulled over.
Redneck carb adjustment. I like it.
Bring the two smoker. I'll be on one and probably lugging around some extra 32-1, or oil in my camelback, whatever works.

Man Ball Rolls Through Coloutahrado 2014!
Scribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #358
BPrince
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
My bike is barely street legal, not interested in any highway riding.
I'll be looking for people to ride single track with.
Been on some of the trails @ Millcreek, would like to find new trails. :)
BPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #359
RedPhoenix
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
We have barely legal bikes as well. Look for us camping in the fun mover rv. We ride a Husaberg and Gas Gas.

Edit...whoops. Looks like we already know you. Haha. This is Lauren.

Sent using Tapatalk.
And a few others...
RedPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #360
BPrince
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Funny.... we'll be there early Fri.