Oddometer: 3,840
A few from Saturday...

http://gsbs.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/...0765&k=8VzQHjc
GSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:35 AM   #48
ADVCoop
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 765
Great pics and video, they make that look easy.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #49
laser17
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
any updates?
laser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #50
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,303
Let me try this.

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/9343670...ro+Results.pdf
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #51
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,303
Juniors:

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/9343670...or+Results.pdf
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #52
laser17
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Raga Repeats
http://www.trialscentral.com/headlin...1-day-2-in-usa
laser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #53
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Oddometer: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb22rules View Post
I will make sure I say hey
I think we did cross paths today. We chatted as we walked back to the parking area - I was with my wife and there was another guy w/long hair walking with us. We passed a black Hyundai with VA plates and ADV in the back window on the highway and I realized that it was probably you.

Nice to sorta meet you...
motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:34 AM   #54
AtlantaViking
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post

What an awesome weekend up there.

06 Suzi DL1K
99 Suzi DR350SE

AtlantaViking screwed with this post 09-13-2013 at 11:35 AM
AtlantaViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #55
rokhopr
2014 Beta 200

Oddometer: 55
Graphical view of Day 1 results for Top 6 riders. Lines crossing indicate a position change. Flat lines are zeros, steep drops are fives, stat line: [0-1-2-3-5] {Loop1, Loop2, Loop3} |Total Penalty Points|. Shows a little more of the how the events played out section-by-section.

Day 2:

rokhopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #56
wb22rules
Bourbon Tester

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojunky View Post
I think we did cross paths today. We chatted as we walked back to the parking area - I was with my wife and there was another guy w/long hair walking with us. We passed a black Hyundai with VA plates and ADV in the back window on the highway and I realized that it was probably you.

Nice to sorta meet you...

That was me :)

My son and I met quite a few people over the three days but the only ones I think that frequent this forum was Anne Maries( I hope I am remembering her name correctly) husband Mike, we talked to him on Sat during the awards ceremony. He was easy to spot because his bike had his name on it lol....
Old 05-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #57
Mtn Man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
My first real trials event and I am hooked! I can see how this is like my other motorcycle additions, once you are in you can't seem to get it off your mind. These guys have a remarkable talent for which I am impressed not only with their skill but with the physical condition they must maintain. All in all this might have been one of the best motorcycle events I have ever attended!

Great day, thanks to all who organized and made it possible!

DRZ 400
Harley Road Glide
Mtn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #58
wb22rules
Bourbon Tester

What a great weekend, my son and I had a blast. You just can't get a handle on the extremeness of the lines the top 5 guys make look easy by watching video or seeing pictures.

The facility is an incredible place for trials, its a lot of fast walking over rough terrain to keep up with the pros on the loop, but almost doable

I just got back to the house, but later I will get over to my buddies house where the broadband lives and upload my pics and Videos. I got a bunch of videos of Pat Smage on Sat and was able to get most pros at the big step on section 5 and some Raga ones on Sunday until I ran out of storage space.
I did get a video of Bou going down hard on section 5on Saturday, if I can get the one my son took off of his phone he has even a better angle.

I also have some questions as well that I will put up here for you experienced guys and gals to shed light on regarding what is normal, and what is out of bounds.

Oh and if Mr. Bill happens (Is he an inmate, I dunno ) by I wanted to ask him for the straight skinny on the deal with Fujinami on the first loop on Sunday at section 5 where Mr. Bill was running the section. I was on a big rock over by the waterfall all morning waiting to get vids of the big double step rock, and the waterfall made hearing what was going on very difficult. It appeared Fujinami stepped into the section and kicked a rock off the first approach and almost got tagged for a 5 before he even got on his bike, but after some discussion I think the rock was replaced and Fujinami rode the section and cleaned it. I know Mr. Bill warned Cabestany about stepping into the section right before that but I am not sure if I have the story right
Old 05-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #59
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,086
I was the one scoring at the top of the wall. I totally missed the first Fuji confrontation. Mr. Bill did give him an additional 5. They are not allowed in the section and was warned first. In the end result it did not matter.
Section 5 was the deciding factor through most of the weekend. When Adam 5`d it the second loop(he cleaned the section but spun the marker off the root in the middle of the wall) and then on the third loop did drop the bike, I thought he had lost the trial! Amazing result in the end.
The `NEW` rules certainly have changed the out come of the outdoor events!
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #60
wb22rules
Bourbon Tester

Ahh , I was the guy who got over to the big rock early and waited there till the pros came through since my son and I had not seen much of section 5 the day before. I had an ADV logo taped onto the side of the cooler, but where I had to put so it wouldn't fall it was probably not visible accross the chasm there.

I didn't see the second loop through and Raga's misfortune on the marker, I did notice they were putting extra nails /staples into it that morning to try to secure it as well as they could. I did have someone explain to me later that touching or running over the marker was not a foul, unless the marker became dislodged as a result, as I had been wondering about that.

One of my questions was about not allowing a rider into the section, and only the minder could come in once his rider was ready to go. Section 5 was being clear about that, the minder better not touch or mess with anything. I noticed all the minders made a point to get a nod before they jumped into the section to announce their rider was ready to go.

Some of the other sections were not enforcing that as tightly and I saw other minders in a section when another rider was completing it, and the minders were obviously doing whatever they could get away with in order to improve an approach to an obstacle, making sure they entered the section so they could kick a rock out of an approach as they ran to their first position etc. I wasn't sure if this was normal gamesmanship or if the pro guys were taking advantage of the observers that were on some sections. I heard more than one person who seemed to be a trials old timer/veteran complaining about that as we walked between sections or out to the parking lot.

One of the last sections on the third loop I saw a minder (rider 17) pick up a large 18 inch by 18 inch rock and move it four feet so his rider would have a good kicker for the last big step and nobody said a word to him, the funny thing was his rider failed the section on the second step and never got to the third so all the riders that followed got the benefit of the "improved" kicker rock or whatever you call it. Also saw quite a few missed points at that same section, I don't think it affected the standings at the top of any of the classes, but it sure did have a lot of people around me talking about it when a guy was given a clean when he had clearly dabbed going over the second big step and another was allowed to finish a section with a two when he had come half off the bike and gone backwards clearly six inches while trying to regain his momentum after the second big step and everyone thought for sure he had fived it.

I thought the stopping was being called in a way to make sure the rider had a fair chance to keep it going, it seemed that if the rider was able to get going before you could say one thousand one it was not considered a stop, but if they went backwards at all or could not advance the machine after a second the whistle blew, that seemed to be pretty consistent around all of the sections except one of the last ones. I have no idea how this compares to the club events and nationals, or other world events as this was my first trials event I have witnessed. Other than the comment in the one report about leniancy of the scoring has anyone else seen scoring or points given being questioned/mentioned in a story? I did see Fujinami and his handlers looking at the scoreboard in front of the FIM building disgustingly Sunday after they were posted and most everyone had left, and there was a riders wife there also questioning some timing points her husband was given, but I have no idea who she was. I am not even sure how or why the timing points are applied, I was going to ask you guys that as well.

wb22rules screwed with this post 05-27-2013 at 03:48 PM
wb22rules is offline   Reply With Quote