Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
Maritime Mike OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Garage Car Mats

Hi Gang,

I been doing some research into getting a mat for my car in the garage. I have a problem with water running in area's it should not, therefore would like to keep it contained. Does anyone here use one and do you have a suggestion as to what is best. It doesn't appear that there is much choice out there, and some have very bad reviews.

Mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/111267255@N07/
Maritime Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
McJamie
STROMINATOR

Oddometer: 1,325
For many years I worked for TSC. They sell "Stall Mats". They are intended for livestock. One side is smooth, the other has grooves to allow water to run either over or under, depending on which way up you have them. They are about an inch and a quarter thick, and pretty much indestructible. Normally they cost around $50.00 each (approx 4' x 6' ), but sometimes they are on sale for less than $40.00.
We had them behind all the desks/counters of the store, and after more than ten years, they showed no wear what so ever. You can cut them with a utility knife.
They also carry a "Trailer Mat" which is closer to 5' x 7" , but is slighter thinner and not quite as tough, but about the same price. We used to sell lots of the Stall Mats to people set up commercial and home gyms because of their durability. We rarely sold them to farmers.
Look on TSC.ca to see where the nearest store is. I'm not sure what there is down east. Many of the Co-Op type stores carry the same items.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
Jimo368
intrepid traveller

Oddometer: 173
I have the same problem in my garage, so I park outside most of the time now. The water is one thing, but the salt in it really plays havok with everything else.
Jimo368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #4
Sunday Rider
Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer: 723
There are a couple of low sections in the garage where water pools in the winter, and of course the salt.

I found these rubber mats with holes the size of "loonies" in them. I place them on the low spot, so at least the water gets around them, and it keeps your shoes/boots out of the puddle to get in and out of the car.

I found them in Costco. On the weekends, I use a floor squeegee to move the water out of the garage.

I bought the mats at Costco. They are 2'x4'.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:23 AM   #5
Maritime Mike OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Thanks guys...I was looking at this. But by the time I pay the tax and "maybe" customs....it will some serious cash for me.

http://www.shelterlogic.com/ProductD...1-9e6e00f2d858

My wife and I came to the conclusion that were better off to leave the car outside unless I really want to drop the cash. Plus.....I mean, I could use some of that cash for farkles....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/111267255@N07/
Maritime Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #6
KLR650Canuk
Rasshøl

Oddometer: 382
Tapson Garage Mat

I bought a Tapson Garage Mat for my garage and it works pretty good. I think they are made locally here in Grande Prairie, but I see on the website they can be ordered through your local Home Hardware. I think I paid about $200 dollars for a truck sized one three years ago, and it is still in good shape and works well. If it fills up with snow and slush, I just drag it part way out the garage and use a squeegee, to clean it off.

http://www.tapsongaragemat.com/index.html

"Winning a fight on a web forum is like winning a medal in the special olympics you may have won but your still a retard " - AllEuro

Iron butt to Alaska 2007
Inuvik 2008
Canol Attempt #1 2009
KLR650Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote