Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 06:08 AM   #46
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus70 View Post
Sidi just came out with these....they're called "Armada." I have the Canyon boot and they're great.....feel a little naked when I'm out on the dirt. They are very comfortable. I had my local BMW moto shop order the Adventure Gore tex and the Armada's to see which one I like more. Here's a link to a youtube video on the Armada's as well. Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKgOlozYQMw

Watched the video (thanks for the link)....seem like a great pair of boots, a bit two-in-one.
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #47
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgunn View Post
Do you know the cost of express air, and the duty and tax ?

Wasn't able to get the info from the site. Getting ready to jump into a pair..
I just bought a pair of Sidi Adventure Goretex boots from FC-Moto. I purchased them October 30 and they arrived yesterday. I didn't see an express air option when I purchased. There was only an option to ship DHL or UPS. From the research I did before buying, it seemed like UPS was faster, but more expensive, and a much higher chance of paying a customs fee. I went with DHL and wasn't charged any sort of customs (or handling or whatever) fee.

The total was $298 shipped. I can wait a couple or so weeks for savings like that.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #48
Bazgab
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
I just bought a pair of Sidi Adventure Goretex boots from FC-Moto. I purchased them October 30 and they arrived yesterday. I didn't see an express air option when I purchased. There was only an option to ship DHL or UPS. From the research I did before buying, it seemed like UPS was faster, but more expensive, and a much higher chance of paying a customs fee. I went with DHL and wasn't charged any sort of customs (or handling or whatever) fee.

The total was $298 shipped. I can wait a couple or so weeks for savings like that.
I just ordered the same boots from them a few days after you did (November 1st), hopefully I will get mine in the next few days or at the latest the week after Thanksgiving. Can't beat the price and they were one of the only retailers that had my size (48 Euro) in stock and that includes the US retailers. Probably would have ordered from Biker-land.de as I have heard great things about them but they didn't have my size even listed.
Bazgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #49
fuelish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
Alpine Star Scout. I have put about 5000 miles on them, heavy rain(15mph, no visibility, getting blown off the road, rain), and worn them all day at work a time or two. They are comfortable, waterproof, warm(down to the upper 30s so far), and have a shin guard under the leather. $250
fuelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #50
Socal996
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazgab View Post
I just ordered the same boots from them a few days after you did (November 1st), hopefully I will get mine in the next few days or at the latest the week after Thanksgiving. Can't beat the price and they were one of the only retailers that had my size (48 Euro) in stock and that includes the US retailers. Probably would have ordered from Biker-land.de as I have heard great things about them but they didn't have my size even listed.
I just checked the FC-Moto site and the Sidi Adventure Gore Tex are $361 plus shipping, am I missing something or have prices jumped in the last few weeks?
Socal996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #51
Snoopy5280
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelish View Post
Alpine Star Scout. I have put about 5000 miles on them, heavy rain(15mph, no visibility, getting blown off the road, rain), and worn them all day at work a time or two. They are comfortable, waterproof, warm(down to the upper 30s so far), and have a shin guard under the leather. $250
I am also looking for a pair just like you and I am leaning toward getting these boots for myself. It's gotten lots of great reviews all over the internet and it's very affordable.
Snoopy5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #52
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,918
I love my Sidi Discovery boots. But I HATE(D) the steel toe guards.
So after some thought and careful deliberation i decided to just do it. Yep. I took them off.
Now I can walk normal and tip toe without fear of sliding.

Now I realize that my flat tracking career just ended. But I should have done this LONG ago.
AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #53
Bazgab
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal996 View Post
I just checked the FC-Moto site and the Sidi Adventure Gore Tex are $361 plus shipping, am I missing something or have prices jumped in the last few weeks?
The price you are quoting is including VAT, if you added the boot to your shopping cart and specify that you are in the USA it will subtract the 19%. They do look like they have gone up a little though, it just depends on the exchange rate I think. They are $325.91 shipped right this instant.
Bazgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #54
what car??
down the road

Oddometer: 370
I have over 20,000 miles on my Sidi Adv Rain boots and absolutely love them!! Great fit for me and what I chose to ride down here to Central America. Many a wet day spent in Guatemala and not a drop penetrated those things. The squeaking is easy to take care of, just use some flour or starch on the areas that rub together and no more squeaking. Easy to walk in for the most part, after-all they are a motorcycle boot, easy to adjust if you wear heavy socks in winter (which I wear these boots in the winter also), and great traction for hiking. Great boot, highly recommend them!!
what car?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #55
lqgsrider OP
LQDesert Rider

Oddometer: 358
I ending up buying the Forma Adventure, $299 OTD including free shipping. So far I have over 400 miles on them and really like them. I have not ridden in the rain or off road yet but I will report back when I do. The fit and quality of the boots are excellent
lqgsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #56
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by lqgsrider View Post
Another option is this Gaerne

http://www.atomic-moto.com/Gaerne-Ba...oots_p_79.html

Anyone have any experience with either boot?
Fantastic boot. OK protection, incredible comfort. I can comfortably walk in them.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #57
cchoc
Outdoor Photographer

Oddometer: 203
I'm thinking about gettin the Sidi Adventure Gore-Tex, is their fit pretty true to size? I'm torn between buying through my motorcycle shop where I can try them on or looking for a bargain online.
cchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #58
MotoBoss
Bad Influence

Oddometer: 3,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchoc View Post
I'm thinking about gettin the Sidi Adventure Gore-Tex, is their fit pretty true to size? I'm torn between buying through my motorcycle shop where I can try them on or looking for a bargain online.

support your local business' when you can............................

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV

MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #59
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchoc View Post
For me, they fit very true to size. In shoes I wear 10.5-11 depending on manufacturer. My feet are of normal width. I replaced my size 45 Alpinestars with a size 45 Sidi Adventure and it was perfect.

If you have a good motorcycle shop around you, it's always good to support them... But it's hard to argue with huge savings.

There are two motorcycle shops around me. Both are terrible. The customer service is atrocious and the prices are high. I only use them for my mandatory annual state safety inspections and to try things on before I buy them elsewhere.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #60
cchoc
Outdoor Photographer

Oddometer: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
For me, they fit very true to size. In shoes I wear 10.5-11 depending on manufacturer. My feet are of normal width. I replaced my size 45 Alpinestars with a size 45 Sidi Adventure and it was perfect.

If you have a good motorcycle shop around you, it's always good to support them... But it's hard to argue with huge savings.

There are two motorcycle shops around me. Both are terrible. The customer service is atrocious and the prices are high. I only use them for my mandatory annual state safety inspections and to try things on before I buy them elsewhere.
Thanks. I wear 11 to 11.5 so I'd guess a 46 would be the right size.
cchoc is offline   Reply With Quote