ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 07:42 AM   #61
tod701
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
Apologies. I forgot that Washington was the unique snowlake where things like politics . . . . .
While not totally unique, each state at any given time has its own political dynamic.
What worked in one place or at a point in time may or may not work elsewhere or on another day.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #62
frdbronco8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
so what the plan

First off let me say that I used to ride there over ten years ago and am just as furious as everyone else about whats happened.

Now that thats out of the way. Anyone know the plan for the place? Are these stupid test rides to see what people think so that they can make it bigger before opening it all the way? Or is that never supposed to happen? Has anyone in the dnr explained what the process is "supposed" to be?

I do find it comical that their 2 miles of trails is open 5 different days over the winter for 5 hours a day..... If I lived in Monroe I might check it out but thats about it.....
frdbronco8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #63
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by frdbronco8 View Post
First off let me say that I used to ride there over ten years ago and am just as furious as everyone else about whats happened.

Now that thats out of the way. Anyone know the plan for the place? Are these stupid test rides to see what people think so that they can make it bigger before opening it all the way? Or is that never supposed to happen? Has anyone in the dnr explained what the process is "supposed" to be?

I do find it comical that their 2 miles of trails is open 5 different days over the winter for 5 hours a day..... If I lived in Monroe I might check it out but thats about it.....
Howdy frdbronco8,

I may be completely wrong in my assessment of this situation but it wouldn't surprise me if this whole "test" thing is a scam to prove there is no need for more trails. Allow me to explain my thoughts; how many people are going to ride from a distance to go to a place that only has two miles of trail that are only open to use for a few days and then for only a few hours on those particular days? I would venture to say not many.

That being the case the people who are in charge of this and ARE keeping track of use can present evidence that they have spent a lot of taxpayer money to build this wonderful trail system and nobody even showed up to use it, therefore the money would be better spent elsewhere for public recreation. Sound far-fetched, maybe I have heard of and known the fucking politicians to do far worse in an effort to further their agendas.

So what are we to do, waste a day of our lives by getting involved in a concentrated effort to have 1,000 or more riders show up on the days that the two miles of trail is open and sit there all day waiting for your turn to spend 5 minutes riding or simply see this for what it is a show piece and a scam that if ever fully developed in a worth while manner will only require another TAX in the form of some damned pass to use.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #64
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,431
Test
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #65
tod701
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy frdbronco8,

I may be completely wrong in my assessment of this situation but it wouldn't surprise me if this whole "test" thing is a scam to prove there is no need for more trails. Allow me to explain my thoughts; how many people are going to ride from a distance to go to a place that only has two miles of trail that are only open to use for a few days and then for only a few hours on those particular days? I would venture to say not many.

That being the case the people who are in charge of this and ARE keeping track of use can present evidence that they have spent a lot of taxpayer money to build this wonderful trail system and nobody even showed up to use it, therefore the money would be better spent elsewhere for public recreation. Sound far-fetched, maybe I have heard of and known the fucking politicians to do far worse in an effort to further their agendas.

So what are we to do, waste a day of our lives by getting involved in a concentrated effort to have 1,000 or more riders show up on the days that the two miles of trail is open and sit there all day waiting for your turn to spend 5 minutes riding or simply see this for what it is a show piece and a scam that if ever fully developed in a worth while manner will only require another TAX in the form of some damned pass to use.
I met with Commissioner Goldmark last week.
He seems proud of the excellent progress.
I sent a follow-up email.
So far he has not replied.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #66
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by tod701 View Post
I say the Desert 100 should be cancelled and all riders diverted to reiter to show them how MUCH we want to ride there. I will take the ferry and show up for this one. Need hundreds of riders please. Goal is for them to open say 50% of the previously OK single track trail.
shrubitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #67
pb317
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by tod701 View Post
Shows how clueless he and his staff are.
pb317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #68
81forest
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
So I talked with someone at DNR today, I believe it was the coordinator-guy for Reiter Foothills that was mentioned earlier, and he said that there may be a test session this Saturday. Anyone going? Trails are at 700 feet. Anyone know if there is still snow in those parts, around Gold Bar? If I end up going, I'll post plenty of pics of those glorious two miles!
81forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #69
SportsGuy
icanhazdirt?

Oddometer: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81forest View Post
So I talked with someone at DNR today, I believe it was the coordinator-guy for Reiter Foothills that was mentioned earlier, and he said that there may be a test session this Saturday. Anyone going? Trails are at 700 feet. Anyone know if there is still snow in those parts, around Gold Bar? If I end up going, I'll post plenty of pics of those glorious two miles!
Ummm...is there anything definitive? Itd suck to get there and learn it was closed.blocked/whatever.

I mean, if its a government office, can't someone get us a yes or no on whether it's actually going to be open?

...and how the hell do we get on the email list the OP was on to get alert like the one he posted? :)
SportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #70
woodsrider-boyd
Wow, these guys are fast

Oddometer: 325
To sign up for the DNR's email newsletter: http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.c...uyxLLgAA%3D%3D

Looking at the last one I got, for test rides, it links to this info which indicates for January 12th, the motorcycle single track is closed due to snow. Sounds like the 4x4 portion will be open for test runs though.

http://washingtondnr.wordpress.com/2...ter-foothills/

'06 Husqvarna WR125
woodsrider-boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #71
woodsrider-boyd
Wow, these guys are fast

Oddometer: 325
Additional info on Reiter here including David Way's contact info:

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/RecreationEduc...foothills.aspx

'06 Husqvarna WR125
woodsrider-boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #72
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsrider-boyd View Post
To sign up for the DNR's email newsletter: http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.c...uyxLLgAA%3D%3D

Looking at the last one I got, for test rides, it links to this info which indicates for January 12th, the motorcycle single track is closed due to snow. Sounds like the 4x4 portion will be open for test runs though.

http://washingtondnr.wordpress.com/2...ter-foothills/
Howdy All,

The test track is closed due to snow, my, my, it sure sounds like the folks who are in charge of this charade know the type of folks its supposed to be built for. Hey Chris, post up the video you took of us out playing in the snow on New Years Day. So they close it for a little snow, will it be closed if it rains, how about if we get a few days without rain will it be closed because of dust?

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #73
wsdbikes
New Max is Mad

Oddometer: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
Now the GS guys have somewhere they can get off road all 2.2 miles of it.
Excuse me, WTF is a GS guy? and why is taking a GS off road funny?

"I only wish I had video running when WSD did a no footed can-can over some boulders on mainline....two feet of air easy..." -Abdelhub
Yeah, on the GS http://vimeo.com/3232838

Notable Past-'01 KLR 250, 95 R1100GS, 06 KTM 950 SM, 69 Bridgestone 90
wsdbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #74
wsdbikes
New Max is Mad

Oddometer: 1,281
the first time (and only time) I rode there was on my KTM 950 SM. cut the exposed oil line underneath on the gravel.

As I recall there were miles of trails already. what did they build

"I only wish I had video running when WSD did a no footed can-can over some boulders on mainline....two feet of air easy..." -Abdelhub
Yeah, on the GS http://vimeo.com/3232838

Notable Past-'01 KLR 250, 95 R1100GS, 06 KTM 950 SM, 69 Bridgestone 90
wsdbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #75
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsdbikes View Post
Excuse me, WTF is a GS guy? and why is taking a GS off road funny?
Its all in fun my friend I also have a GS.. And I'm also sure we have a different view of what off road is.
If you where ever single track ride/racerr at Rietter you might understand. If not you never will.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote