Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #1696
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
Bump up the registration $3 per person & be done with it. If $3 will make or break your attending you probably shouldn't be coming anyway?

Yep. Or add it to the stuff they buy for the event. Make it up somewhere and pay it. That will keep them happy and we'll have trash bins.

Hope they don't feel the same way about portajohns. Or are we paying for those too?

I don't want a hundred peeps through my RV to use the toilet. The girls are welcome.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #1697
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,861
A few bucks added to the reg fee would be fine by me. I love PSR resort. The location is muy bueno. They have been very accommodating towards us and put up with our shenanigans. Making sure we dont leave a bad impression is golden.
My YouTube
Save $5 when you sign-up with SmugMug: COUPON
M1Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #1698
GalacticGS
1200 GS Rider

Oddometer: 2,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1jeep View Post
a few bucks added to the reg fee would be fine by me.
+1
"Speak to me of summer, long winters longer than time can remember;
Setting up of other roads, travel on in old accustomed ways."
GalacticGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #1699
surferbum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by novos View Post
I'll pay $3.00

I'd hate for PSR to think "oh, THOSE fuckin' people again."

Let's leave the fireworks at home too
I know the firework culprit. Won't name names but he has a Woody's wheel on his GS.
BT2010 - Big Trip 2010 13 days and ...
My Spot WhereAmIriding
surferbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #1700
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 988
I'm all for having fun and maybe being a bit boisterous but be respectful to your hosts. If I see anybody out of line I know I'll speak to them directly, from my experience when that happens it's usually somebody just going too far without thinking. A quiet conversation solves most problems.

I can be a loud mouth when I drink. If I get too loud just tell me and I'll try to quiet down.
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #1701
ConTeacher
DirtBikeStuff.net

Oddometer: 208
Thumb Trash Fund

$$ for trash fund sent. Much easier than packing trash home.

http://ConTeacher.whereamiriding.com
ConTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #1702
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl

Oddometer: 3,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Jeep View Post
A few bucks added to the reg fee would be fine by me. I love PSR resort. The location is muy bueno. They have been very accommodating towards us and put up with our shenanigans. Making sure we dont leave a bad impression is golden.
+ me
A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #1703
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
EMAIL FROM PSR. PLEASE READ:

Hi Joel,

Finally have an answer to your trash inquiry, as I have met with the other managers.

Yes, last year your group filled up both dumpsters and also left a lot of trash outside of the dumpsters. This was a big additional cost to us to have it hauled out. Unfortunately, we no longer have trash pickup here and have to haul trash to the dump ourselves. Therefore, we no longer have any dumpsters in the campground, and campers are required to pack out their trash.

We would be willing to set up special dumpsters for your group, but this would be at considerable cost to us. We can set up dumpsters and haul the trash out for a $500 fee. This is for the whole weekend. I’d recommend doing this, since I feel it may be unlikely that people from your group will comply and take their trash with them. If you choose not to take this option, and there is trash left in our campground, then we will have to set up this service next year as part of your reservation.

If you want trash service, then we are also willing to set up recycling bins, but it needs to be just recycling, no trash mixed in. We don’t have the staff or time to sort through it, so if people throw trash in it, it will all go to the dump.

I’m sorry that we can’t provide the trash service like before, but the costs of trash hauling has risen significantly since we can no longer find someone to haul our trash. Since your group has a history of producing way more trash than normal campers, we just can’t shoulder the cost anymore. Again, sorry it has to be this way, but times are tough for small businesses like ours and we are doing the best we can.

Please let me know either way.

Best regards,

Let's give this a few days before you start sending your money to the trash fund.

We just saw it, hauling trash out of psr which is in the desert is expensive. We surely want to keep psr and the surrounding free from our trash and debris.

First, we got to be more responsible of our trash, what we bring in must be packed out.

My biggest concern, some people will have the attitude that since they paid, they're trash is no longer their responsibility.

We need to have a common understanding that this problem is everyone's problem, and to act collectively as one.

I have a few ideas. For now let's take a few days and make everyone aware of the issue.

We will need everyone's support.

Meantime please throw in ideas how to minimize trash pile up. It is the right thing.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #1704
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 988
Quote:
Meantime please throw in ideas how to minimize trash pile up. It is the right thing.
How many or all of us buy one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Stansport-Coll...camp+trash+can packs up into a disc so those riding in can bring them out. Bring a spare tent stake and you can stake them down at the loops. Then just put a trash bag inside and start collecting.

I have one and tehy're a decent product if a bit small. I think if many or all of us are sporting one there is no reason trash should go be left unattended.
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #1705
heirhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Let's give this a few days before you start sending your money to the trash fund.

We just saw it, hauling trash out of psr which is in the desert is expensive. We surely want to keep psr and the surrounding free from our trash and debris.

First, we got to be more responsible of our trash, what we bring in must be packed out.

My biggest concern, some people will have the attitude that since they paid, they're trash is no longer their responsibility.

We need to have a common understanding that this problem is everyone's problem, and to act collectively as one.

I have a few ideas. For now let's take a few days and make everyone aware of the issue.

We will need everyone's support.

you need to go with a trash fund, were in.

Pick up your trash
Heirhead

heirhead screwed with this post 03-31-2013 at 10:58 PM
heirhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:43 AM   #1706
pinocono
Husky Dü

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSequoia View Post
How many or all of us buy one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Stansport-Coll...camp+trash+can packs up into a disc so those riding in can bring them out. Bring a spare tent stake and you can stake them down at the loops. Then just put a trash bag inside and start collecting.

I have one and tehy're a decent product if a bit small. I think if many or all of us are sporting one there is no reason trash should go be left unattended.
I don't think the problem is trash unattended, but how we will transport the trash out of DV after the event.

If we decide to pay extra for trash, I'll pitch in. As an alternative, a LOT of us are trucking in, and I have no problem hauling some trash out.

Dave
pinocono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #1707
novos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
LET'S RAFFLE THE TRASH
novos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #1708
slugdad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by novos View Post
LET'S RAFFLE THE TRASH
bet i win
slugdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #1709
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugdad View Post
bet i win

Team 2B Rules!

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #1710
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,482
Too easy...

Joel..you don't want 200 paypal transactions for 3 buck a piece.....better things to do,,,

Put a jar at the dinners or where you are selling raffle tickets for a trash fund....everyone throws in a couple bucks...nothing formal....just the honor system...

If it comes up short...I will cover the difference...

If it goes over give it to the Stewards of the Sequoias....

Done....

Back to the important stuff....
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote