Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #1831
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidxr View Post
We are going to leave CO on Sunday to head out to Death Valley. Since we have the whole week off, might as well ride. Is anyone else going to be there early? Any recommendations on where to go in the area that may not be covered during the rally? Wondering if we should head to Panamint Springs or check out another area. We are bringing 525's with 3.5 gallon tanks so our range without any extra fuel is about 150 miles. (at least on single track that is) It would be nice to do some loops with places to get gas and beer but from what I have read that may be impossible out there. What say you guys/gals?
Check into the South Park areas like the Escape Route. Lots of Death Valley is long stretches that may be conducive to high speeds, so watch your throttle to conserve gas. Gas is only available in 2 places in DV, Furnace Creek and Stovepipe Wells. Gas outside of the park at Panamint Springs, Beatty, Shoshone.

Check your jetting too, you will be running at elevations from below sea level to 9k feet.
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #1832
RED05
Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
We are going to leave CO on Sunday to head out to Death Valley. Since we have the whole week off, might as well ride. Is anyone else going to be there early? Any recommendations on where to go in the area that may not be covered during the rally? Wondering if we should head to Panamint Springs or check out another area. We are bringing 525's with 3.5 gallon tanks so our range without any extra fuel is about 150 miles. (at least on single track that is) It would be nice to do some loops with places to get gas and beer but from what I have read that may be impossible out there. What say you guys/gals?
I am out there 1 week early as well, and looking for some one to ride with I was planning a few days in Moab Schafer/White rim trails. I am on an 800xc though.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #1833
moe.ron
Poor Dumb Bastard

Oddometer: 2,400
I have read about a dozen posts in this entire thread and I know 3 things for sure...

1. I paid.
2. I am pretty sure I volunteered to flip burgers one night.
3. I havent signed up for shit.

Signed,

The newest of noobs...
Old 02-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #1834
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,867
What a moe.ron!
My YouTube
Save $5 when you sign-up with SmugMug: COUPON
M1Jeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #1835
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Just got my bike back from liorsmotoride.com and it is happy again. I just spooned on new knobs and ready for a shake down ride.

Time sure is flying...it'll be the end if March before we know it.
My YouTube
Old 02-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #1836
moe.ron
Poor Dumb Bastard

K60 Scouts are going on mine tomorrow.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #1837
Blaise W
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 647
'Got something similar on the back of my 650 Terra, but a knobby up front. Need some bite up there!
Blaise W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #1838
moe.ron
Poor Dumb Bastard

The K60's definitely have more bite than the Battlewings that are coming off.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #1839
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

You definately want more bite up front.

I'm running d606 front and michelin t63 rear. First time trying the t63. I've heard they're decent all around; and costs only $65.
My YouTube
Old 02-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #1840
moe.ron
Poor Dumb Bastard

Those Battlewings are the only tires I have ever ridden off road. The K60's should be about 1000 times better, considering I have nothing to compare it to!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #1841
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,923
Quote:
1 week in dv, that's awesome norm.

day 1 and 2 - camp at furnace creek, it's on the east side of the park. knowing you and brian are capable riders and on small bikes....., explore the areas around it like echo canyon, the dunes, racetrack, titus canyon, chloride cliffs, ubehebe crater, artist pallete, dante's veiw, etc. some of those sights are pavement. since those places are at least 60 miles from PSR campground, you're better off park the truck at furnace creek c.g.

then on wed, head to PSR, and assuming no more snow - do ballarat, south park and pleasant canyon.

thursday - saline valley - south pass - hot springs -steel pass - and beyond - that's a full day of riding

friday - ballarat, goler, mengel, butte valley, etc. - if you have enough gas, just turn around once you get to the cabins; or get gas at furnace creek, take the pavement back. that is one long day.

anyone wants to see most of the dirt riding in the park in ONE DAY.....join larry (galacticgs) and 2 wheels good. be prepared to cover a lot of distance with very little break. only advanced riders need to apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED05 View Post
I am out there 1 week early as well, and looking for some one to ride with I was planning a few days in Moab Schafer/White rim trails. I am on an 800xc though.
rob, hope you could find someone with a bigger bike to explore the area. just keep on posting. most of the best attractions in death valley are far from PSR. great to have a big bike if you want to check them out. i will.

NSFW screwed with this post 02-15-2013 at 07:54 PM
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #1842
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaisew View Post
'Got something similar on the back of my 650 Terra, but a knobby up front. Need some bite up there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Jeep View Post
You definately want more bite up front.

I'm running d606 front and michelin t63 rear. First time trying the t63. I've heard they're decent all around; and costs only $65.

yes, and yes. knobbie for the noobie on the front. don't tell us you didn't know; that extra bite will save your butt. believe us.

tkc is the minimum. many of us like the dunlop 606.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #1843
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

AFTER MIDNIGHT - THERE WILL BE NO REFUND

you guys rock, looks like all of us are SOLID.....

yeah, who will bail out? if i could not make it, at least show up on dinner and raffle night. what's the chance i won't win a prize.

damn.....around 60 prizes, plus $15 gift certificate to the first 200 paid participant.from A & S Powersports

we are still looking for someone to haul firewood (half a bed of a full size truck). i will give you the $.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #1844
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Trash issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarthur View Post

I join the other comments about trash. I think we should pay for the dumpsters AND carry out what we can. If we do not cover the cost with donations at sign up, I will be greatly disappointed. I will split any remainder with others who chimed in.
thanks jack.

PLEASE read.

Hi Joel,

Thank you so much for your understanding.

We would provide a trailer that is the equivalent of 1 dumpster that we would empty each day. Like I said before it would be $500 for the weekend.

If you could let us know by 3/14/13 whether you need this service, that would be great.

Thanks,
Panamint Springs Resort

trash pick up is limited and $$$

we seriously requesting everyone to pack out what you bring in.

we still want this service for whatever trash people leave in the campground and the ensuing trash from the 3 dinner nights.

there will be a jar for trash money collection. it's all voluntary. don't make nowwhat and jarthur pay if the collection comes short.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #1845
joneswgareth
Welsh Rarebit

Oddometer: 189
Just had a phonecall from my sister who tells me she is getting married in August in Italy! Great news!!!

This however mean that I now have to reschedule holiday/money to pay for the flights/hotels/time off work etc.....meaning I have to cancel this trip. Bad news

I was really looking forward to this trip - really looking forward to it.