Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #2326
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Sounds like we need some good old fashion Jello wrestling in camp one night ...

Little Bike and Browneye can get all gooey ... just don't hurt my buddy Sue
Whoohoo!!!!! That is an awesome plan!! I vote for lime flavor jello shots

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #2327
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bike View Post
#2/3/4 Probably, to me the posts came across as I was doing something horrible to my dogs that none of the other posters would ever do. That's the problem with posts - it's hard to convey tone and the little "smiley" characters can sometimes work against that. I felt jumped on - and not in the good way......

#1 After reading your posts I wasn't sure how to take the "Noob Chick". Again, hard to convey tone through posts.

I've been very frustrated the last couple days about the Jimmy Lewis class and the rally. I've been really looking forward to that week, then had a $4400 vet bill. Now I'm trying to figure out a way to afford any of it.
So, I'm definitely on the over sensitive side today. I apologize to anybody for being snarky. Also, although this should really not be an excuse and I will NEVER, EVER admit to writing this (even through, yeah, it's on the forum) I think I have a rare major case of pms. Broke + pms = bad combination for forum conversations.

Hmmm...I have a wife of...well, 20 years tomorrow. So I completely understand. And she has been laid off for the third time in three years, and our budget is setup for two incomes. Big ones. So we are completely F'd.

Come by space 8 and I'll buy you a drink.
browneye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #2328
dirt donkey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Laugh Map of Death Valley + Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
folks, i am deleting my post regarding the dog issue....delete your post or remarks, unless you really want it to stick.

that topic is taking a tangent.

Any type of map that is better than the other for us folks that cant afford GPS. and where to buy.

Also do i need to bring food, or just munchies for the meals/days that i am not fed
dirt donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #2329
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,703
Tom Harrison map
Old 03-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #2330
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Hmmm...I have a wife of...well, 20 years tomorrow. So I completely understand. And she has been laid off for the third time in three years, and our budget is setup for two incomes. Big ones. So we are completely F'd.

Come by space 8 and I'll buy you a drink.
Happy anniversary! you buy one night and I'll pick up the other - sounds we both need a drink!! (or more....)

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #2331
Mr. G
Normal Dude

Oddometer: 1,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bike View Post
#2/3/4 Probably, to me the posts came across as I was doing something horrible to my dogs that none of the other posters would ever do. That's the problem with posts - it's hard to convey tone and the little "smiley" characters can sometimes work against that. I felt jumped on - and not in the good way......

#1 After reading your posts I wasn't sure how to take the "Noob Chick". Again, hard to convey tone through posts.

I've been very frustrated the last couple days about the Jimmy Lewis class and the rally. I've been really looking forward to that week, then had a $4400 vet bill. Now I'm trying to figure out a way to afford any of it.
So, I'm definitely on the over sensitive side today. I apologize to anybody for being snarky. Also, although this should really not be an excuse and I will NEVER, EVER admit to writing this (even through, yeah, it's on the forum) I think I have a rare major case of pms. Broke + pms = bad combination for forum conversations.
$4400 Vet bill ..... OUCH !!!!!! I hope it ll worked out for the best.

You are welcome to tuck your trailer into my RV spot (space # 1) as long as there is room after I pull my rig in. Space # 1 looks real big on Google Maps, much larger then on the PS Resort satellite photo.

I may bring (if my buddy who's coming along agrees) the smallest of my three dogs (he's a 10 pounder) but only because I am riding a sidecar rig and will take him with out with me. I wouldn't be comfortable leaving him in the camper even with the A/C running because of the chance (slim though it may be) that I might get hurt out there and end up in a hospital.

You have to ultimately decide whether or not to bring them.

Remember, everybody on the internet has an opinion and you know what they say about opinions ....

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #2332
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1224R View Post
Damn I'm good lookin'!!!
And modest too.

Lookout for those darn tree dogs though, they get out of hand.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #2333
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,227
tees and tees

COMMEMORATIVE TEES ARE HERE

if you want to purchase tees.....please click HERE

NOTE: the color shown is light blue.....the actual color is light gray (i forgot the exact technical description), sorry it comes only this color.

i apologize for the short window in ordering them, we need to get all the orders by sunday night - March 17th. anyway, good chance, most are already ready to pull their wallet.

there are also other good stuff available...feel free to browse around.

NSFW screwed with this post 03-11-2013 at 10:05 PM
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #2334
ConTeacher
DirtBikeStuff.net

Oddometer: 226
Thumb Last Minute Raffle Item!

Mr. Jim Lubin from www.Vehicle-Systems.com has donated two pairs of his

TailGate Latch bars!

Tailgate Latch Bars hold truck tailgates at a 30 angle, creating clearance for motorcycles to be put in parallel to the bed, rather than sideways.

Tailgate remains at an upright angle, so bed cargo can't slide out
Installs and removes in less than 30 seconds
No tools or modifications required
Anodized 6063-T651 and stainless steel construction for all weather durability
A simple, low cost alternative to expensive bed extenders
Available for Chevy/GM, Dodge Ram and Dakota, Toyota Tundra, and Ford full sized trucks
Patent pending Tailgate Latch Bars are made in USA

I've been using these on my Tundra for about 8 years. They work GREAT!

http://ConTeacher.whereamiriding.com
ConTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #2335
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt donkey View Post
Any type of map that is better than the other for us folks that cant afford GPS. and where to buy.

Also do i need to bring food, or just munchies for the meals/days that i am not fed
+1 on the tom harrison map. Can be found at REI, sports chalet, etc.

Bring munchies. There is a restaurant and bar across the street but expensive. $15 hamburgers. They have a daily breakfast buffet with all the staples for $10/person. I'll be hitting that up daily.
M1Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #2336
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: 1,458
Quote:
If budget is an issue and you are a AAA member, just drop by an office and ask for a DV map for FREE. If you're not a AAA member, find a buddy who is and have them get you one.

Do I need to emphasize AAA and not AA?

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #2337
Blaise W
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 665
God, please don't let me win the tailgate extender. I'd have to buy a new truck with a short bed to use it. Nice piece of gear though. How many days will the raffle take at this point?
Blaise W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #2338
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,867
Needed items for the cooks!

1. Laterns for the cooking area. Between Devil Cat and I, we will have 5 propane tanks. At least three will be used for grills, This would leave two for lanterns. I have one "old" tower that I will bring. My lantern is DOA, if you folks have any ideas offer them up.

2. Thursday I will be rolling in with the grills, coolers, etc. I will need a hand moving and setting up the heavy stuff. I am still restricted from lifting any significant weight. 22oz beers are OK, I checked. So if a big guy in a cowboy hat asks for a hand, please take a minute and help me setup. I have help dialed in for cooking. Thanks in advance. Those that know me know I hate having to ask, but I do need the help.

Joel, Who is cooking Friday/Saturday? Have them PM me so that when we are getting the grills setup we can make it easy for all of us.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #2339
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,157
Quote:

The National Geographic Death Valley map is also very useful, to be found at some big bookstores, camping shops, etc. Or at furnace creek or stovepipe wells general stores in the park if you can't score one before the ride.

I'll be happy to help you Lonestar, what time are you planning on arriving? Nancy and I will be in the general area getting Lost starting Monday and coming into Panamint Thursday mid day.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #2340
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 1,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
Needed items for the cooks!

1. Laterns for the cooking area. Between Devil Cat and I, we will have 5 propane tanks. At least three will be used for grills, This would leave two for lanterns. I have one "old" tower that I will bring. My lantern is DOA, if you folks have any ideas offer them up.

2. Thursday I will be rolling in with the grills, coolers, etc. I will need a hand moving and setting up the heavy stuff. I am still restricted from lifting any significant weight. 22oz beers are OK, I checked. So if a big guy in a cowboy hat asks for a hand, please take a minute and help me setup. I have help dialed in for cooking. Thanks in advance. Those that know me know I hate having to ask, but I do need the help.

Joel, Who is cooking Friday/Saturday? Have them PM me so that when we are getting the grills setup we can make it easy for all of us.
I can bring one, possibly two lanterns and one distribution T / lantern pole. I can also help you lift, preferably the 22oz beers but I guess I'll also help with grills and such.
GSequoia is online now   Reply With Quote