Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #2431
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,844
I will have a dewalt high pressure air compressor on board, and 110 electricity. RV space 8.
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #2432
Blaise W
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 659
Now we know where tire repair central is located! Maybe I'll leave my compressor behind since space is so limited. Chris, you may as well bring your tire changing stand too.......
Blaise W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #2433
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,907
Thanks, Robbie for taking care of us non-seafood folk.

+1 on a small electric pump. I use a small slime pump that comes with SAE and cig lighter plugs. I run a fused SAE pigtail off the battery. It comes with a semi-hard case. Stores nicely in a back-pack. You'll thank yourself when you actually need to use it. Why make tire changes on the trail more difficult than they have to be.

Work smarter not harder!
M1Jeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #2434
rider914
Agnostic Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,433
Cripes

Don't you Noobs know there are some things you just do NOT talk about

-M
Will herd cats for beer (... but I rescue puppies for free )
SmugMug (coupon: bLfv2vBXZicd6)
rider914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #2435
DSM8
Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer: 3,669
When it comes to the sheer volume of flats one person can get on any particular outing Matt wears the crown. He has more flats in the times we ride together than any other person I know.

Which is why it is great to have him around when you get a flat, that thing gets changed in not time with his experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider914 View Post
Don't you Noobs know there are some things you just do NOT talk about

-M
DSM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #2436
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker2 View Post
So we don't have to be present to win.

And we won't know when dinner time ends until we get our name tags.

FWIW I ask because I tend to ride until dusk and I'm hopeful that I'll still get to eat if I get back @ ½ past sunset. (Sunset looks to be ~7:15)
anyone planning to be back late in the day, give your badge to some one to get your food. badge will be given when you check in upon arrival on your first day.

dinner ends when the food servers call it quits or food is gone.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #2437
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM8 View Post
When it comes to the sheer volume of flats one person can get on any particular outing Matt wears the crown. He has more flats in the times we ride together than any other person I know.

Which is why it is great to have him around when you get a flat, that thing gets changed in not time with his experience.
dave, this sounds better....great to have matt in front and pick up the nails.....

i think he passed on some of his luck to ersin......

seriously...it's not just matt, i think the bigger bikes get more flats than the lighter or smaller bikes. do you guys agree?
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #2438
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
dave, this sounds better....great to have matt in front and pick up the nails.....

i think he passed on some of his luck to ersin......

seriously...it's not just matt, i think the bigger bikes get more flats than the lighter or smaller bikes. do you guys agree?
NO!

AZ TOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #2439
Scubalong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Hummmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
I better bring extra tubes

Joel
I am planning to leave early on Thu morning and should be there around 1pm
What is the process of checking in? If you need help with anything please let me know I will try my best.
Scubalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #2440
Gerst
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidxr View Post
Hey Joel..

I have been dreading sending this message. I have to abort the rally. I'm about to start a big project for work and it's going to conflict with the rally dates. I'm self employed and have always been able to juggle work around riding but not this time and I have to take the work if it's offered.

Brian is still going to make it though. He will have to represent Colorado on his own...

Ride hard and take chances... FYYFF
Ok, so I'm going to need some help here. Norm was the planner, he was in charge of logistics, beer and bringing the bike wash girls. With Norm out I need someone to step up and bring plenty of beer and some cute gals for bike washing duty. I guess when I get lost I'll have no one to blame.....which way is Death Valley anyway

Seriously (I'm way behind in the thread) I'm trailering in so I'll have a little room.

I can borrow an ez-up if needed (no idea how to set it up), I'll through in a few camp chairs and if room allows a extra cooler for those real ADV riders who are riding in to use. Should I bring these items?

I have a SPOT tracker without the tracking feature, is there a phone number/e-mail I should add to my contacts list in the case I need to use the help or 911 button?

Sorry if this has been covered, my time online is very minimal.

Can hardly wait to see your area!!!

Gerst
Gerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #2441
dirt donkey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
lyndon Seat Concepts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaisew View Post
+1 on Seat Concepts. Have their stuff on my WRR, TE630, and TODAY new cover and foam is due to be delivered for my TR650. I had them fit the cover on the first seat, and I did the second. It was easy.
yes - he makes a good seat at a reasonable price. he can also change the foam/air ratio for lighter riders. I had him do that on my WRR - rider weight (160lbs). And he can make the seat lower as well and adding gel. Best to talk to him. Renazco alls makes an excellent seat but expect to pay about twice as much... for a cheapo UJM motorcycle i would say SC is good, if you want better than perhaps renazco. haven't personally used it but i see them alot on KTMs.

I went to Seat Concepts place about two years ago when he was building them out of his garage. I watched him build the seat and put it together - Really nice guy. He has since moved nearby in a space waaaay bigger...

Not sure what he currently has for covers, but i think the carbon fiber seat material looks the best on the sides and top. I originally ordered a two tone cover and after looking at it on the bike i changed my mind. he graciously went ahead and switched it out for me. Not sure who ended up with my original choice?
dirt donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #2442
dirt donkey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Tube choice

so far i got a kenda spare 21" standard for the front and rear. But after listening to all the (horror) stories about PSR and flats i am thinking i need an 18" rear inner tube?

? do i need to get a heavy duty innertube to be on the safe side. I don't weigh much and i usually (noob) ride with way too much air pressure?30psi front and rear would be my guess?
dirt donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #2443
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt donkey View Post
so far i got a kenda spare 21" standard for the front and rear. But after listening to all the (horror) stories about PSR and flats i am thinking i need an 18" rear inner tube?

? do i need to get a heavy duty innertube to be on the safe side. I don't weigh much and i usually (noob) ride with way too much air pressure?30psi front and rear would be my guess?
30 psi, your going to kill yourself
AZ TOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #2444
pinocono
Husky Dü

Oddometer: 442
2 weeks!

I'm trucking, and will be bringing:
12x12 EZ-Up
2 tables, 1 big , 1 not so big
Extra camp chairs
A couple, three coolers, if anybody needs to store stuff, I mean, keep their beer cold.
Coleman camp stove
Tools

Is wood covered? or should I go get a (partial) bed load?

Does anybody in the west Ventura County area need gear hauled? I plan on leaving at 0'dark:30 Thursday morning, so I'd need your gear Wednesday night. More than willing to haul gear, or if you want to carpool, I got room. Think Crew Cab F350. And, it's a 4x4, so it's available for rescue duty, hopefully not needed.

If there's anything else I can do to help, give me a shout and send me a PM with what you need, or contact info.

Dave
pinocono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #2445
pinocono
Husky Dü

Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
30 psi, your going to kill yourself
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt donkey View Post

Well, you don't need to worry about pinch flats.
pinocono is offline   Reply With Quote