Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #3211
Stinez
Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer: 48,113
My pics are here.

You folks feel free to help yourselves.

Some of you suck and some of you suck less.

Thanks for the all the fun!
Thanks to all the organizers.
Thanks to Val for helping me find someone who knew where to stick us.

And thanks to the groups who let me ride with them despite the fact that I didn't know you until we hit the trails.

Day 1

Day 2

The GOP puts the "Con" in Conservative.
Stinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #3212
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 988
Had a great time out there. Thanks Joel for organizing the event and leading us on the Thursday afternoon ride. I don't think anybody walked (or hobbled) away thinking it was anything but a good time.

Shout out to Team Adobe for keeping me from getting sunburnt and Mr. G for leading us on a nice ride Friday. Also to PSR for putting up with us Fucking Fucks and selling us tasty beer. I noticed on the way out that we had drank up all their 87 octane fuel too, was premium only. (Good thing I brought my fuel in with me)

I'll have to try to make the event next year. I'll still be a noob but maybe ever so slightly less of one.

Until next time...

More photos here. Will ride report soonish.
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #3213
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by advFord View Post
Thanks to everyone for making my first trip a great experience.
Beyond grateful for everyone's time and generosity in making this happen.

ps - guess I need to go buy some DoubleTakes now. duct taped mirror survived 240 miles in those strong winds. I'll be taking orders if you're interested.

Putting us to shame Senior Ford,

first time on dirt, goes to DV Rally, finishes two Lost tours of duty, even crashes hard but doesn't seem to loose any nerve.

Took me a lot longer than two days on dirt to get where you are now! You chances of success in America del Sur look very promising.

I'm gonna go check out Road Trip Nation to see if the camera work is any good, MP

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #3214
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,898
Dude... Amazing pictures you got there. Next time, I'm riding with you. You are like Joel, but with better pictures (sorry Joel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Nancy and I made it home last night after battling the winds and of course to finish the week it rained hard for the last 60 miles... no need to wash the bikes at least!

Thanks again to all those who made this such a great event, especially Joel!
Nancy and I had a great time and am already looking forward to the next one, we are glad to be a part of such a great community of riders who's endless good spirited vibes were very enjoyable to be around.

I'm currently uploading a couple hundred photos of the week from our eyes, please feel free to use them as you wish, in your RR, etc.
I will be uploading and posting a separate gallery from all the photos of the Jimmy Lewis class and will post up the link asap.

On a side note for those now thinking about what crap they need to buy for their bike to help their ADVenturing, go take a Jimmy Lewis class instead first, I witnessed first hand what just one day with him did for Nancy's abilities and my own from just putting to use what I saw while taking photos of the class. Best efforts spent to date to make the dirt riding more enjoyable, safe, and also to gain confidence. We will be going back to take the two day class asap...

Thanks again to all involved, especially Jim the spafxr for all the various assistance you provided for many people, and to Bob the Lonestar for your endless contributions to the event and good food.
A big thanks to Jimmy, Keith, Todd, and everyone else for helping me keep the n00b in line and sweeping my rides!

No Drinks for MC Jimmy C next year till the raffle is over...

Lost Photos:

http://lostrider.smugmug.com/Motorcy...6404&k=D8BH5bN

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #3215
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1224R View Post
I think Todd and I were a little tipsy for the raffle but all in good fun!!
Just a teensy bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
A little? I passed out you were so drunk.

note: Passing around a tequila bottle (i think there was more than one) during a raffle is not the best idea.

I think I was still drunk leaving at 7 Sunday morning, kind of remember talking to Larry (galacticGS) but still not 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
A little tipsy????? Todd fell down on my GF & daughter and broke the chair.
And then you pulled the same trick on her.
So you guys owe me a chair and a GF.
In my defense, somebody tied a bunch of string booby trap between some bushes that was the easiest path to my escape ... sorry about the chair and your daughters future nightmares of Sasquatch

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #3216
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
In my defense, somebody tied a bunch of string booby trap between some bushes that was the easiest path to my escape ... sorry about the chair and your daughters future nightmares of Sasquatch
I don't think any jury will buy that Todd. You still owe me a reclining Body Glove chair and a GF.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #3217
lifeofreilly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
LOST: Blue zero g camping chair

Hi,
My camping chair went missing, perhaps it blew away Sunday morning and looked unclaimed. If you happened to pick it up drop me a note. It's a blue zero G chair. It's fairly heavy and really comfy. Leans all the way back.

Oh, and I lost ANOTHER lic plate on warm springs road. If you found a plate ping me.

Thanks,
_Seth
lifeofreilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #3218
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,619
Quote:
I don't think any jury will buy that Todd. You still owe me a reclining Body Glove chair and a GF.

How broke did GF get? BigTodd is not a small guy to fall on anybuddy much less a petite GF.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #3219
rruugger
formally rruugger

Oddometer: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
I will bring 2 cases next year then......someone was soo drunk they gave away my raffle prize.........luckily I hid my motorcycle...
Thats what Mike needs another riding class so he moves along even faster then he will be riding alone.... all alone out in front

Quote:
A little tipsy????? Todd fell down on my GF & daughter and broke the chair.
And then you pulled the same trick on her.
So you guys owe me a chair and a GF.
Just how much alcohol is ingested for big todd to get "tipsy" i mean really... wouldn't than be enough to kill a small horse

Nice pics Jammn, Rat Bike at the mines with mags !

Mr. Jimmy C nice job with the microphone! Very funny young man.

rruugger screwed with this post 04-01-2013 at 03:09 PM
rruugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #3220
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruugger View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Just how much alcohol is ingested for big todd to get "tipsy" i mean really... wouldn't than be enough to kill a small horse
How many bottles of Karma Tequila fill up a horse?
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #3221
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,002
awesome to see lots of people are home now and hearing about the great time they had....

some more good news....

there are a few raffle prizes that were missing and then found them in my van last night....

1 - $150 gift certificate and med t-shirt from galacticGS (winner will like it)
1- gift certificate from seat concept
2- 20% off voucher for a rekluse clutch (you have to use in within 3 months)
50 - $15 gift certificate from A&S BMW Motorcycles (ascycles.com)

i don't remember if the dirt bagz gift certificate was given away. if not, it may still be in my possesion.

really sorry for the slip up, now i believe, it comes with age...

we will figure out how to give them away. tune in.

stg (tae) gave me the raffle prize he won (giant loop orange diablo tank bag) as a bday present. i appreciate it tae, but i think someone will be able to use it more than i do.

surferbum - there are 2 gift certificates, scott performance and dirt tricks. no name, but i think those are part of the thor jersey you won.

vermon - i sent you a message. unclaimed prizes, those are yours too.

pre-ordered t-shirts - i have several that were not picked up. PM me if you haven't got yours.

unpaid obligations - i let several people slide and gave me IOU promises. please reconcile.

there were a few who bailed out and requesting refunds. i was able to get some $ by selling your spot and food. once i get my balance sheet done, i will paypal your portion of your payments.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #3222
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekurRides View Post
Thanks guys for the wonderful weekend, even though I got to ride on friday only. I did break my metatarsal like Rob suspected. Have my foot in a cast and will be out of action for 4-5 weeks. Hope to be back stronger and safer. New boots will be ordered soon. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who helped out and showed so much concern. It is incredible how genuinely nice all motorcyclists are. Cheers to all of us . Thanks again and I will see you all next year.
Hello Chad, don't forget the WD40 either. Body armor is good too. Maybe when you are up for riding again you'll want to ride in my neighborhood- the Sierra.
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #3223
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
Joel and the crew thanks for all your efforts. I know the hard work it is to organize and herd the cats.
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #3224
fishwhisperer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
effin a that was fun

Joel, MCs, Pablo, cooks, volunteers, fellow riders, you all did a great job. But i want to give a huge shout out to the ride leaders and sweepers that made the rides safe and a blast. Jack, Steve, Jim, John, Randal, Luke... those three days of awesome rides were amazing. Can't wait for next year!
fishwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #3225
r3r3r
Wildebeast

Oddometer: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeofreilly View Post
Hi,
My camping chair went missing, perhaps it blew away Sunday morning and looked unclaimed. If you happened to pick it up drop me a note. It's a blue zero G chair. It's fairly heavy and really comfy. Leans all the way back.

Oh, and I lost ANOTHER lic plate on warm springs road. If you found a plate ping me.

Thanks,
_Seth
I hid your chair behind the porta potties (kidding).

Did you seriously lose another plate on that loop? I guess another treasure hunt is in order...
r3r3r is offline   Reply With Quote