theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #3482
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
I prefer grass fed beef.

Ditto... Omaha Steaks sells those too...
Old 04-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #3483
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
I know... doesn't anyone here have a sense of humor anymore?...
Anybody who roots for Nebraska has to have a sense of humor. Kidding Phil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuki Phil View Post
My reply to Lonestar was a reference to Nebraska football.

SP
Hook 'em horns!

Most importantly.......................THANK YOU ANDY!

The filets were excellent. I cooked two of the four. Me and momma had a very nice movie night. Some great food, a little of her favorite vino and....

The back story for those that don't know. Last DV N00bs Andy broke down out on Saline valley road. DSM8 (Dave) comes by and asks me if I we can go recover some riders Hell yes, lets go. Dave and I hop in my Dodge 2500 4x diesel and I have had a few (these facts will be important later). We run up to saline valley road turn off. We make the turn, as we hit the dirt I pull into 4 wheel drive. We are flying over the wash boards. Dave at this point refers to the damn stiff ass Dodge. We see a couple of riders coming out. We stop and talk to Cowgirl and Rob. They are fine and they are comfortable getting back to camp. Back on the gas I go. More washboards, beating the hell out of everything. I try to find a "sweet: speed. Nowhere between 30 and 70 is there a sweet spot. F it, 70 it is. We are now getting into the turns, I am hitting the turns hard, slowing down to 30, letting the ass slide and pouring the gas. As long as the diesel keeps the front tire planted let the ass slide around. We do slow for the rock garden. DAMN, it beat the hell out of both of us. As we are coming down into the valley floor I ask Dave about taking a look over the sides and see how far down it is. All I hear from Dave is STFU and drive the F ing truck. We finally get to Andy. He is being well taken care of by Jnray. Andy's bike gets loaded and out we go. Dave and I follow JNRAY at a long distance back (darn dust). We get back to the camp with out much excitement. The next day I finally get to ride Saline valley in the daylight on the bike. I was rolling these corners at 30 and the drop offs were that deep. Now I get why Dave was so focused on the road and calling out turns to me!

Again, Thanks Andy. The steaks were excellent!

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #3484
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post

Hook 'em horns!

The filets were excellent. I cooked two of the four. Me and momma had a very nice movie night. Some great food, a little of her favorite vino and....

The back story for those that don't know. Last DV N00bs Andy broke down out on Saline valley road. DSM8 (Dave) comes by and asks me if I we can go recover some riders Hell yes, lets go. Dave and I hop in my Dodge 2500 4x diesel and I have had a few (these facts will be important later). We run up to saline valley road turn off. We make the turn, as we hit the dirt I pull into 4 wheel drive. We are flying over the wash boards. Dave at this point refers to the damn stiff ass Dodge. We see a couple of riders coming out. We stop and talk to Cowgirl and Rob. They are fine and they are comfortable getting back to camp. Back on the gas I go. More washboards, beating the hell out of everything. I try to find a "sweet: speed. Nowhere between 30 and 70 is there a sweet spot. F it, 70 it is. We are now getting into the turns, I am hitting the turns hard, slowing down to 30, letting the ass slide and pouring the gas. As long as the diesel keeps the front tire planted let the ass slide around. We do slow for the rock garden. DAMN, it beat the hell out of both of us. As we are coming down into the valley floor I ask Dave about taking a look over the sides and see how far down it is. All I hear from Dave is STFU and drive the F ing truck. We finally get to Andy. He is being well taken care of by Jnray. Andy's bike gets loaded and out we go. Dave and I follow JNRAY at a long distance back (darn dust). We get back to the camp with out much excitement. The next day I finally get to ride Saline valley in the daylight on the bike. I was rolling these corners at 30 and the drop offs were that deep. Now I get why Dave was so focused on the road and calling out turns to me!

Thank you for the rescue... I'm glad you enjoyed them. Omaha Steaks are the best!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #3485
slugdad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post

Hook 'em horns!

all things being equal bob, i guess i owe you a hot dog
slugdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #3486
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugdad View Post
all things being equal bob, i guess i owe you a hot dog
Yes you do!

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #3487
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,133
Howdy folks, I've been neglecting this thread and thought I'd give a little update of what's been going on since the n00bs ride...

After the fun times in DV I wanted a little solo riding time and not currently working I spent some time up in them there mountains around Kernville, fishing by mornings and evenings, riding crazy single track trails by day... on the way home while being a little too complacent on the glorious and relaxing pavement while coming around a blind curve I hit some water/slime covered road and while I did shave some speed off before hitting it I still had to make the turn and came out of the water a little too sideways. Ended up high siding it and hitting the pavement pretty hard.
After a few minutes on the ground I was able to get up, got the bike up and rode the last 70 miles to my local hospital in Ojai.
Turns out I shattered my clavicle and broke 3 ribs. I'm having surgery on tuesday to get a plate put it, at best I'll be able to work and hopefully ride, at least on pavement, in 8 weeks.
Scubalong was such an inspiration for some reason I must have subconsciously felt the need to follow in his footsteps... Or was it Lonestar?...

The Mighty Husaberg has real no damage, just scrapes on the hand guards, since I had my camping gear on the back the Kreiga bag with my tent in it took most of the damage sparing the Safari tank, luckily the tent stakes happen to be where where they were and took the grinding from the slide, saving my tent. I'm pretty happy I don't have to deal with fixing/replacing the bike but would gladly trade that inconvenience for this one.
I had a hard armor pressure suit on under the Rukka jacket, but with how hard I hit I don't think it mattered. Going to need a new jacket and helmet though.
For now life is just a Percoset haze, towards the end of the 5 hour doping cycle I'm doing good enough to get my ADV fix, the rest of the time I just sleep. Going into the hospital for tests this morning and getting some metal put in tomorrow, something I know is for the best but I'm not looking forward to all at.
Of course this comes at a bad time, just getting into my work season and all, plus nancy and I are moving in 3 weeks so things are difficult to say the least. I found out I don't qualify for disability benefits from the state insurance I've been paying into to add salt to the wounds. Time to look into that Aflac stuff for the future...
I'm very lucky to have such a great loving partner and now a part time nurse so I can't really complain too much, she's awesome and helping me out greatly. Thank you Nancy!
Overall I'm pretty lucky I guess, there could have been a car in the lane I ended up landing in and I should fully recover.
It's a little annoying I got hurt when I did considering where I just had been riding, probably part of the reason I was a little too relaxed having been riding very technical trails for days but such is the life of an adventure motorcyclist and I can't wait to get back into the saddle and hopefully back to work asap.

On a lighter note I'm catching up on this thread and on the n00b RR's, I'm glad folks on our rides had a good time, it was my pleasure to get Lost with all of you, I'd imagine with all my freetime coming up I'll try and add to the RR's. It's quite enjoyable to read others point of views from our rides.

Be safe out there, dangers lurk around every corner!

-Finn

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #3488
Stinez
Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer: 47,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Howdy folks, I've been neglecting this thread and thought I'd give a little update of what's been going on since the n00bs ride...

After the fun times in DV I wanted a little solo riding time and not currently working I spent some time up in them there mountains around Kernville, fishing by mornings and evenings, riding crazy single track trails by day... on the way home while being a little too complacent on the glorious and relaxing pavement while coming around a blind curve I hit some water/slime covered road and while I did shave some speed off before hitting it I still had to make the turn and came out of the water a little too sideways. Ended up high siding it and hitting the pavement pretty hard.
After a few minutes on the ground I was able to get up, got the bike up and rode the last 70 miles to my local hospital in Ojai.
Turns out I shattered my clavicle and broke 3 ribs. I'm having surgery on tuesday to get a plate put it, at best I'll be able to work and hopefully ride, at least on pavement, in 8 weeks.
Scubalong was such an inspiration for some reason I must have subconsciously felt the need to follow in his footsteps... Or was it Lonestar?...

The Mighty Husaberg has real no damage, just scrapes on the hand guards, since I had my camping gear on the back the Kreiga bag with my tent in it took most of the damage sparing the Safari tank, luckily the tent stakes happen to be where where they were and took the grinding from the slide, saving my tent. I'm pretty happy I don't have to deal with fixing/replacing the bike but would gladly trade that inconvenience for this one.
I had a hard armor pressure suit on under the Rukka jacket, but with how hard I hit I don't think it mattered. Going to need a new jacket and helmet though.
For now life is just a Percoset haze, towards the end of the 5 hour doping cycle I'm doing good enough to get my ADV fix, the rest of the time I just sleep. Going into the hospital for tests this morning and getting some metal put in tomorrow, something I know is for the best but I'm not looking forward to all at.
Of course this comes at a bad time, just getting into my work season and all, plus nancy and I are moving in 3 weeks so things are difficult to say the least. I found out I don't qualify for disability benefits from the state insurance I've been paying into to add salt to the wounds. Time to look into that Aflac stuff for the future...
I'm very lucky to have such a great loving partner and now a part time nurse so I can't really complain too much, she's awesome and helping me out greatly. Thank you Nancy!
Overall I'm pretty lucky I guess, there could have been a car in the lane I ended up landing in and I should fully recover.
It's a little annoying I got hurt when I did considering where I just had been riding, probably part of the reason I was a little too relaxed having been riding very technical trails for days but such is the life of an adventure motorcyclist and I can't wait to get back into the saddle and hopefully back to work asap.

On a lighter note I'm catching up on this thread and on the n00b RR's, I'm glad folks on our rides had a good time, it was my pleasure to get Lost with all of you, I'd imagine with all my freetime coming up I'll try and add to the RR's. It's quite enjoyable to read others point of views from our rides.

-Finn
Damn!!

That sucks a HUGE amount.

That's a lesson that all of us should learn from.

The GOP puts the "Con" in Conservative.
Stinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #3489
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post

-Finn

True that!

Heal up quickly ... oh yeah, did you catch any fish?

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #3490
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
True that!

Heal up quickly ... oh yeah, did you catch any fish?

Thanks!

well, unless a Mc Fish from Mc donalds counts, no. Was very windy/raining/snowing the first couple of days, leading to fallen tree over trails that I helped clear out with a hand saw from the local Ranger, so the crappie fishing didn't work out too well, the last few days I just didn't have the skills to catch anything. First time I've been shut out in Kernville, but in my defence I was a few weeks early in the season at the start of April.
Great riding though, at least until the end. lol

BTW, I have you round folding cooler, it came back with the rest of our stuff Jim carried. I'll bring it next time our paths will cross.

I did catch a few photos I like though, it was great to have some Green and moist soil in my life after all the rocks in DV.

Put my mini block and tackle to use when I had a little mishap and went down off the trail

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 04-22-2013 at 04:52 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #3491
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,923
awesome pics finn.

no need for a caption, i can already see the story on each pic.

first weekend of june, jimmy is hosting the jl class appreciation event up in kernville. several of us are going and like to check out that piece of paradise.

thanks,

joel
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #3492
jnyrav
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Andy, I received my Omaha card as well. Thanks for the gift.

Until next time,

john
jnyrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #3493
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyrav View Post
Andy, I received my Omaha card as well. Thanks for the gift.

Until next time,

john
you're welcome...
Old 04-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #3494
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
awesome pics finn.

no need for a caption, i can already see the story on each pic.

first weekend of june, jimmy is hosting the jl class appreciation event up in kernville. several of us are going and like to check out that piece of paradise.

thanks,

joel
I'm attending Jimmy's class this weekend, finally able to use my 1/2 price class coupon from last year's nOOb rally... Thanks again Jimmy!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #3495
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,154
The pics with the rocks and the fire are front page material!

The second to last pic with the trail - geez!!!!

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote