ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #376
Mr. G
Normal Dude
 
Mr. G's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Ventura Co, So Cal
Oddometer: 1,655
Joel

Some more stuff for the raffle

It's all new but has been sitting around my garage. Give it as a package or part it out, whatever floats your boat. Probably stuff I won in raffles and never used.

2 bottles of Slime
Smith moto goggles
4 assorted moto oil filters
dirt bike grips
2 pair Cabelas silk underliner socks, mens small (you know they won't fit me ... )



__________________
LATER...........Gregg

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #377
outlaws
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 247
Please add me to the in list,
Danny - DRZ400S - Thurs-Sun - Camping and all in on meals - Riding in from OC
outlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #378
Mr. G
Normal Dude
 
Mr. G's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Ventura Co, So Cal
Oddometer: 1,655
Joel

I have reserved full hookup site # 2 for Tues and Wed with the campground. Please keep me in that spot.

Thanks
__________________
LATER...........Gregg

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #379
FZcruzer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Camarillo, Ca.
Oddometer: 356
I am in, will be my first Noob Rally, looking forward to it, I would be interested in some intermediate rides.


Rob- FzCruzer-500EXC - Thurs-Sun - Camping and all in on meals - Trucking from Camarillo.
FZcruzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #380
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer
 
spafxer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 2,528
Thanks for all the donations Gregg !



I need that washing machine.......
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #381
MotoMujer
Adventurette
 
MotoMujer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Ken, you have to be prepared for weather any time venturing into the desert out here. It can blow 60-70 mph. Last year was pretty mild actually, it can get a lot worse.

....

Late winter weather is a great excuse to invest in an up-model tent, something that will handle wind. No fiberglass poles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferbum View Post
Forget the stakes. 30 lb. rock inside the tent in all four corners. Last year the wind blew so hard that Joel refused to leave my tent after our hour was up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
i will have a tent cabin (no bathroom) for you and another female participant, or a friend so you don't have to bring a tent. it's actually very nice.

there are 2 tent cabins available for grab. it's pricy $ $50/night. the resort says they will have more by the march.
-- I didn't know about all the winds out that direction -- thanks for bringing it up! Since I'm not going to haul 4 30lb rocks on my F650 from Virginia , please put me down for one of the tent cabins (I'm presuming the park has fashioned them to not blow away)... I'd be happy to split it with another female (or two -- I see from the park webpage that they can add a third cot) participating in the rally.

Thanks!
__________________
Priors: 73 CB500, 06 F650GS. Next: work in progress.

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #382
Mr. G
Normal Dude
 
Mr. G's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Ventura Co, So Cal
Oddometer: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer View Post
Thanks for all the donations Gregg !



I need that washing machine.......
Hi Jim

Long time no see..... Look forward to seeing you at DV

Talk to my wife about the washing machine. She'll probably say no cause I'll replace it with a wash board ..
__________________
LATER...........Gregg

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #383
KLRrob
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Corona, CA
Oddometer: 100
rob (klrrob) trucking klr- t/f/s/s, all in
KLRrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #384
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,447
Has anyone posted the what to bring at a minimum "Noob" list yet?

1) Waterproof Harrison Map of DV http://www.amazon.com/Death-Valley-N.../dp/1877689572
2) Tubes...more than you think...I have had 3 flats in one day (Stripped Butte, Racetrack areas famous for flats)
3) Basic tools, tire irons, hand or electric pump small assortmant of bolts, nuts etc
4) Zip Ties....if it can't be fixed with Zip ties....call a helicopter
5) Duct Tape....3 feet or so around a bolt or even front fork tube
5) Quick Steel....ask me how I know... (Mengle Pass)
6) Lighter or waterproof matches
7) small flash light or headlamp
8) Water bladder....even in March...you don't want to leave camp with less than 70oz
9) First aid kit,,,,meh...don't like them...bulky and useless...Duct tape, small superglue and honey back at camp...
10) Limes for the Tequilla back at camp....seriously this is the most important
__________________
'14 1190R...Adventure Beast
'13 690 Quest...Rally Beast
950SE......Desert Beast
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #385
Mr. G
Normal Dude
 
Mr. G's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Ventura Co, So Cal
Oddometer: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaP View Post
-- I didn't know about all the winds out that direction -- thanks for bringing it up! Since I'm not going to haul 4 30lb rocks on my F650 from Virginia , please put me down for one of the tent cabins (I'm presuming the park has fashioned them to not blow away)... I'd be happy to split it with another female (or two -- I see from the park webpage that they can add a third cot) participating in the rally.

Thanks!
Lots of rocks in DV. You can borrow them, you just can't take them home with you on your F650 ......
__________________
LATER...........Gregg

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #386
Mr. G
Normal Dude
 
Mr. G's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Ventura Co, So Cal
Oddometer: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
Has anyone posted the what to bring at a minimum "Noob" list yet?

1) Waterproof Harrison Map of DV http://www.amazon.com/Death-Valley-N.../dp/1877689572
2) Tubes...more than you think...I have had 3 flats in one day (Stripped Butte, Racetrack areas famous for flats)
3) Basic tools, tire irons, hand or electric pump small assortmant of bolts, nuts etc
4) Zip Ties....if it can't be fixed with Zip ties....call a helicopter
5) Duct Tape....3 feet or so around a bolt or even front fork tube
5) Quick Steel....ask me how I know... (Mengle Pass)
6) Lighter or waterproof matches
7) small flash light or headlamp
8) Water bladder....even in March...you don't want to leave camp with less than 70oz
9) First aid kit,,,,meh...don't like them...bulky and useless...Duct tape, small superglue and honey back at camp...
10) Limes for the Tequilla back at camp....seriously this is the most important
You forgot WD 40

If it moves and it shouldn't duct tape it

If it doesn't move and it should, hit it with some WD 40.....
__________________
LATER...........Gregg

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #387
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool
 
tbarstow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Viva Lost Wages!
Oddometer: 3,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaP View Post
-- I didn't know about all the winds out that direction -- thanks for bringing it up! Since I'm not going to haul 4 30lb rocks on my F650 from Virginia , please put me down for one of the tent cabins (I'm presuming the park has fashioned them to not blow away)... I'd be happy to split it with another female (or two -- I see from the park webpage that they can add a third cot) participating in the rally.

Thanks!
Panamint Springs provides plenty of large rocks, free of charge.

Do remember to bring cold weather gear, wet weather gear, sun block, lip balm, hat, sun glasses, hydration pack, emergency snacks, and sand riding skills.
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #388
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"
 
sopascat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 3,386
my falling down in the sand skills are still pretty good
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #389
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
Joel

Some more stuff for the raffle

It's all new but has been sitting around my garage. Give it as a package or part it out, whatever floats your boat. Probably stuff I won in raffles and never used.

2 bottles of Slime
Smith moto goggles
4 assorted moto oil filters
dirt bike grips
2 pair Cabelas silk underliner socks, mens small (you know they won't fit me ... )

THANKS GREG...

good luck finding a MAN to claim the small socks! you know what they say about shoe sizes.....
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #390
Mr. G
Normal Dude
 
Mr. G's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Ventura Co, So Cal
Oddometer: 1,655
Joel

I am switching my RV hook up spot from site # 2 to site # 1. After looking at the current google earth view, there is no way I'll fit in site # 2. Please adjust your records accordingly.

Tanks
__________________
LATER...........Gregg

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014