ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #511
Capt.saveaho
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Capt.saveaho's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Mill Valley, CA
Oddometer: 296
Update me for trucking dinners and what not. I'm going to see if Clarence (CRW) can squeeze me in the short bus.
__________________
2007 525exc
2011 990 Adventure with 08 S suspension!!!
13hp road race 50
Capt.saveaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #512
loner
explorer
 
loner's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Kalifornia
Oddometer: 314
Ersin, slight change in codes...

was:73. Paul (loner) – D3 - KTM450EXC, will donate something, camping at Camp loner (near PSR)

now: 73. Paul (loner) –TR, D0 - KTM450EXC, will donate something, camping at Camp loner (near PSR)
__________________
http://loner.whereamiriding.com
loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #513
McKay
Studly Adventurer
 
McKay's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Clovis, Ca.
Oddometer: 750
103. McKay will need to be changed to BT (Full size GMC with 12' trailer)

Please
__________________
Jeff

McKay screwed with this post 12-03-2012 at 08:30 AM
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #514
McKay
Studly Adventurer
 
McKay's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Clovis, Ca.
Oddometer: 750
Ride sign ups

Request;
Can we get an update on the Hunter Mtn Teakettle Racetrack Ubehebe Crater ride for mileage?
I need to know if I have the range and don't want to lock up a spot if I don't.

Thanks
__________________
Jeff
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #515
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer
 
spafxer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 2,565
What's at ubehebe ?

If you're talking fuel you have your choice Beatty, Furnace Creek, or Stovepipe Wells 87 only.
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #516
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 4,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer View Post
What's at ubehebe ?

If you're talking fuel you have your choice Beatty, Furnace Creek, or Stovepipe Wells 87 only.

The crater.

I think he was looking for route mileage for that ride sign up. Perhaps someone can estimate the loop distance. From memory, leaving PSR, and coming back through StovePipe Wells, I'm guessing about 140-150? Maybe it's not that far.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RR • Laguna Seca 2012 RR • Sequoia 3-Day Campout • Thanksgiving 2012
browneye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #517
McKay
Studly Adventurer
 
McKay's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Clovis, Ca.
Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
The crater.

I think he was looking for route mileage for that ride sign up. Perhaps someone can estimate the loop distance. From memory, leaving PSR, and coming back through StovePipe Wells, I'm guessing about 140-150? Maybe it's not that far.
Correct, I'm on a TE449 Husky and my range with add on tank is 90 miles tops. Fudgypup is listed as the ride leader and said he would provide the details days ago, I now see he's been banned from ADV?
__________________
Jeff
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #518
FYYFF
Forever young...
 
FYYFF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
Correct, I'm on a TE449 Husky and my range with add on tank is 90 miles tops. Fudgypup is listed as the ride leader and said he would provide the details days ago, I now see he's been banned from ADV?
He can post up his details on the official Rally Group Ride sign-up site, here. Or I'll get all the details of his ride and post it here for you.
Also if you ride with him, you wont have a problem with gas, he has plenty extra, GSA1200.
__________________
- 2010 KTM 990 Adv. -

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube

FYYFF screwed with this post 12-03-2012 at 10:21 AM
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #519
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 4,614
Yes, Eric has been banned for some time. We'll get you a close estimate for distance on that loop.

For DV you really want at least 150 mile range. Most of the routes/loops are over 100miles, many are 125-135, some are longer. There's generally quite a bit of high-speed dirt or hiway involved.

Gas carrying options are GL Mojave - drop a couple of msr liter bottles in the side bags. Add two more to a backpack. That's easy to carry and should give you about 150 miles.

I'm on a TE630, low fuel light comes on at about 110. With a 1.5gl Kolpin pax on the rack it gives me at least another 65 miles. Lately the bike has been getting close to 50mpg.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RR • Laguna Seca 2012 RR • Sequoia 3-Day Campout • Thanksgiving 2012
browneye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #520
McKay
Studly Adventurer
 
McKay's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Clovis, Ca.
Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Yes, Eric has been banned for some time. We'll get you a close estimate for distance on that loop.

For DV you really want at least 150 mile range. Most of the routes/loops are over 100miles, many are 125-135, some are longer. There's generally quite a bit of high-speed dirt or hiway involved.

Gas carrying options are GL Mojave - drop a couple of msr liter bottles in the side bags. Add two more to a backpack. That's easy to carry and should give you about 150 miles.

I'm on a TE630, low fuel light comes on at about 110. With a 1.5gl Kolpin pax on the rack it gives me at least another 65 miles. Lately the bike has been getting close to 50mpg.
I see if I can figure out a mount for a rotopax.
Or, Ill just bring the tiger.
Thanks for the help
__________________
Jeff
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #521
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer
 
coarsegoldkid's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Coarsegold, CA
Oddometer: 523
I'm confused about this entire event registration. I think there's a waiting list and I think I already asked to be included however now I can't find that waiting list. So forgive me if someone has already put me on the list. If not and I didn't do it correctly then here is my information. If I need to place the information somewhere else please inform me as to where.

Joe (coarsegoldkid)- T/F/S/S DRZ400/ arriving by truck with McKay(103)\all meals
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #522
Spank
Adventurer
 
Spank's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: North San Diego County
Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
I'm confused about this entire event registration. I think there's a waiting list and I think I already asked to be included however now I can't find that waiting list. So forgive me if someone has already put me on the list. If not and I didn't do it correctly then here is my information. If I need to place the information somewhere else please inform me as to where.

Joe (coarsegoldkid)- T/F/S/S DRZ400/ arriving by truck with McKay(103)\all meals
Go to page 1 of this thread post #4

You're on the waiting list #203.
__________________
John E.
'08 Yamaha WR250R
'04 Yamaha XT225

My SPOT
Spank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #523
FYYFF
Forever young...
 
FYYFF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
I'm confused about this entire event registration. I think there's a waiting list and I think I already asked to be included however now I can't find that waiting list. So forgive me if someone has already put me on the list. If not and I didn't do it correctly then here is my information. If I need to place the information somewhere else please inform me as to where.

Joe (coarsegoldkid)- T/F/S/S DRZ400/ arriving by truck with McKay(103)\all meals
Hi Joe,

You are on the waiting list (#3 on the list). Please check post #4 on page 1.
__________________
- 2010 KTM 990 Adv. -

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #524
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,009
folks, let's wait for the ride leaders to post their route and mileage.

personally, i will not wander riding alone far from camp if my bike has less than 100 miles of fuel range. if you're stuck with a small gas tank, there are nearby places you can check out, like darwin and ballarat. and like browneye suggested - bring a rotopax or gas container to increase your fuel range.

give the mc economy a little boost, "just tanks" and other vendors here at adv will give a discount...http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431761

solomotoparts is our official vendor partner for this event. check out the website, i'm sure there's something for you and your bike there. i will ask for a discount code and will post it on page 1.

i posted some milestones on page 1, post #3. will add more later.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #525
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Lewis View Post
I'm #188, thanks Joel!

We'll be announcing some of the class give-aways as we get closer.

Some of your fellow Noobs have signed up for some of our spring classes, so they won't be so Nooby after I get done with them.

JIMMY

thanks and sounds good jimmy.

folks, buy yourself a holiday gift that will last you a long time....get in jimmy's class. and if you win one of the give away, use that for the next skill level. LOL though, cuz i'm the one who's going to win it.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014