Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #1306
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
GROUP RIDES:
We will have group rides for different skill levels. We need volunteers (just like the previous years). plan your route and we will post them here.

Attention ride leaders, volunteers and participants - this is the official Rally Group Ride sign-up site:

http://dvrides.robgadv.com/
Well, I held off signing up for group rides because I'm pretty low on the waitlist. Now there's no spots left on the int/adv rides... oh, well.

It's still pretty low odds that I'll get in. I certainly don't know the area well enough to lead anything...
Old 01-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #1307
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
Well, I held off signing up for group rides because I'm pretty low on the waitlist. Now there's no spots left on the int/adv rides... oh, well.

It's still pretty low odds that I'll get in. I certainly don't know the area well enough to lead anything...
Don't worry. There will be more rides posted up before the rally, plus othee groups will form up at the camp and make plans to ride.
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #1308
DSM8
Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer: 3,563
Quote:

If you get in show up, dont worry about the rides. I am planning to drive the 4x4 over hunter MT to tea Kettle.
Then take the scenic route back via Ubehebe, scotties etc with the end being pavement.

I know it isnt the traditional thing to do but if there are riders that want to follow a truck then there you are. Not like it would be hard to keep up with me and by bike hauling fees if needed are very reasonable.

(Miles Traveled/MGP)*Attitude of broken down rider*3.14(Pie)

DSM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #1309
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,732
Those who could not get into the group rides, go to page 1 and check out the names and their bikes.

Most likely the gs and big bike riders will stick together. Same with the small displacement thumpers. Don't be shy, circulate. The other purpose of this event is meet other riders. In a day or 2 you will see your compatibility and find your match....sounds like a dating service...

I know a lot of riders that are riding together now met here in the noobs rally.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #1310
Don125
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Sent PayPal

#236 Don (Don125) + guest Dave R+BT3+D1. Truck and trailer drz 400 Be there Sunday to following Monday
Don125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #1311
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don125 View Post
#236 Don (Don125) + guest Dave R+BT3+D1. Truck and trailer drz 400 Be there Sunday to following Monday
thanks don...wish i can stay for 1 week....

ANOTHER DONATION

$100 in gift certificate, labor only from Ian. Met him sometime ago, nice guy and even offered me lunch in his shop which I didn't refuse. Here is his resume:

Ian McAdam
* Factory trained Harley Davidson mechanic
* Factory trained Yamaha mechanic
* Factory trained Suzuki mechanic
* Factory trained Polaris mechanic
* 20+ years of racing experience
* 40+ years of motorcycle mechanic experience
Ex Pro-racer. Raced in Man of Isle. Still going to tracks and racing.

ProspeedMC
Prospeed Motorcycles has been providing great service at reasonable prices to Los Angeles riders since 2000, at the present location since 2007. We service all make and model of bikes, from Harleys to superbikes, from dirt bikes to cruisers as well as ATVs, quads, UTVs and race karts.
We specialized in older model and vintage bikes. We know how hard it is to find a good mechanic to take care of your old carburated bike now a days. There are tons of motorcycle dealers around with mechanics, but most of them are in their 20's working on new bikes only and no experience on older bikes. Our mechanics have been riding and working on bikes for at least 30 years. We know old bikes inside out. Period.

Address: 10042 Artesia Place Unit: D Bellflower, CA 90706
Phone: (562) 804-5017[/QUOTE]
Old 01-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #1312
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1224R View Post
Man, the raffle is gunna be a good un this year!!!!!
jim, you are the man for this kind of affair. good chance this will take us 2 hours. start putting together new materials....
Old 01-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #1313
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
jim, you are the man for this kind of affair. good chance this will take us 2 hours. start putting together new materials....
This will be epic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #1314
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,439
Quote:

You are forgetting the "hangover" factor....there will be room on the rides.......
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #1315
Amishflyer01D
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Paypal Sent

Paypal sent for #232 Bradford
Amishflyer01D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #1316
Blaise W
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 625
Somewhere in here is a post with point to point distances, or distances from PSR. I just scanned the entire thread but must have missed it. Can someone please point if you know? I'm trying to get a loop distance and have not installed MapSource on my new computer. Thanks!
Blaise W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #1317
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaisew View Post
Somewhere in here is a post with point to point distances, or distances from PSR. I just scanned the entire thread but must have missed it. Can someone please point if you know? I'm trying to get a loop distance and have not installed MapSource on my new computer. Thanks!

ken, there was on page 2 but i took if off so i don't clutter the page.

good info, and i will repost them next week.

FOLKS PAYING TONIGHT, I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR PAYMENTS SINCE I AM GETTING READY TO DO SOME RIDING THIS SAT AND SUN. JUST POST THEM UP OR EMAIL ERSIN (FYYFF). WE WILL RECONCILE LATER WHEN I GET BACK NEXT WEEK.

THOSE ON THE WAITING LIST, YOU HAVE TILL SUNDAY MIDNIGHT TO SEND YOUR PAYMENT.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:15 AM   #1318
Vermon
not gnarly

Oddometer: 252
brang it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzlvr View Post
Paypal sent!

nice,,,brang'n the little bike!?

good job Joel and Ersin
Vermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:38 AM   #1319
ricksca
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Bailing

#92 My wife just informed me that I have something I have to do over her Easter break. Please give my spot to someone less whipped than I am.
ricksca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #1320
r3r3r
Wildebeast

Oddometer: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow View Post
Don't worry. There will be more rides posted up before the rally, plus othee groups will form up at the camp and make plans to ride.
This is really what happens, since the posted rides may need to change (if we get snow or roads are closed) after we arrive at camp. It is even possible to join "full" rides sometimes, when people drop out or if the group splits in two due to additional interest.

I suggest loading up GPS files for the routes that you are interested in before heading out to DV, so you will have the main routes and can more easily follow whatever group you end up joining (or forming).

Dave, (DSM8) has links to GPS tracks on the first page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM8 View Post
I have sample variations of some of the more common rides/loops (refer to your ride leader on exact route, as they may have a different route planned). Any of these can be downloaded using the Export (tab) to GPX Track (.gpx) link on the right side of the page:

Chloride/Beatty/Titus (easiest dirt for 1st time n00bs/beginners)

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/991234

Goler Wash/Mengel Pass (can be a bit more technical, but a good challenge for determined n00bs)

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/991136

Hunter Mountain - Lippincott (more technical due to Lippincott, but can be looped out via Ubehebe & Stovepipe for an easier, but longer ride)

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/991091

More groups will form around these rides (and others). If you have tracks pre-loaded, that will help keep folks headed in the same direction if the group gets spread out.

r3r3r is offline   Reply With Quote