User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
Sir. Waffles OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Givi V47 Topcase

Anyone have/seen the Givi v47? I think they look kinda interesting and haven't found them for sale anywhere in the states, just listed on Givi's UK site. Maybe a update of the V46? I haven't found much info about them anywhere.

http://www.givi.co.uk/cases-top-case/monokey/V47

Sir. Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
gsnova
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Try this

Seen on Ebay. try this http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIVI-V47-MON...sories&vxp=mtr
Good Luck
gsnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
Sir. Waffles OP
Adventurer

So the v47 is sold in Canada?? I might try to get one off Ebay when I get the money. Anyone know if the v47 is coming to the US?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
Dfrnt
Just pluggin' along

Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Waffles View Post
So the v47 is sold in Canada?? I might try to get one off Ebay when I get the money. Anyone know if the v47 is coming to the US?
I talked with several Givi sellers and they said it is new in Europe and Canada and as of now there are no plans to bring it to the US. Might be a dollar vs. euro exchange rate thing.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
Sir. Waffles OP
Adventurer

Good to know planned on buying a V46 this spring but might have held out for the V47 if it was headed this way.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,398
Two buttons? One to release from rack the other to open the case? did GIVI finally listen and offer a way to leave it unlocked but still latched closed and allow you to open the case without a key?
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
birdie_xx
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 781
GIVI has been using the two button set up for years now. You still need the key to push the upper button and open the case though....Not an issue for me
birdie_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:43 AM   #8
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie_xx View Post
GIVI has been using the two button set up for years now. You still need the key to push the upper button and open the case though....Not an issue for me
What did you do to it?
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:26 AM   #9
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
Two buttons? One to release from rack the other to open the case? did GIVI finally listen and offer a way to leave it unlocked but still latched closed and allow you to open the case without a key?
With my E52, you cannot remove the key from the lock when it's unlocked. There's no way to lock yourself out of the case.

With my E55, you can unlock it, and remove the key, but the lid remains unlatched. So you could stuff your jacket in the case, push the lid down to lock it and lock your key in the case. I suspect the V47 will work the same way as the E55.

HepcoBecker and SW Motech make what you are asking for; A latch to keep the lid closed, but not locked.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #10
Snownut
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
What did you do to it?
My V46 can be removed with the lower button while the top stays locked.. I don't think he did anything to it, just the way its designed. Still can't lock the top without the key which is a fail safe and good idea in my mind..
Snownut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #11
birdie_xx
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 781
Correct, I didn't have to do anything. GIVI introduced the two buttons on the Monolock cases first and the V46 was the first two button case in the Monokey line.
Snownut, there is something wrong either with your latch or you don't lock the case to the plate correctly. When all is in place, you are not suppose to open, nor remove the case without the key turned and in the lock.
And that is the safety issue. GIVI designed the locks this way.

Cheers,
birdie_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
kma_jg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post

With my E55, you can unlock it, and remove the key, but the lid remains unlatched. So you could stuff your jacket in the case, push the lid down to lock it and lock your key in the case.
This is exactly what happened to me one day when i dropped the bike off at the dealer for a service.

Opened the top case, turned the key to the locked position, took it out, put it back into the jacket pocket. Didn't want to take the jacket to work, so I stuffed it into the case and locked it. Luckily i had a extra leather jacket at work to ride back home.

I like the new look of the V47, but I don't think it will always fit two helmets. It depends on the shape and size of the helmets.
kma_jg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
Snownut
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie_xx View Post
Correct, I didn't have to do anything. GIVI introduced the two buttons on the Monolock cases first and the V46 was the first two button case in the Monokey line.
Snownut, there is something wrong either with your latch or you don't lock the case to the plate correctly. When all is in place, you are not suppose to open, nor remove the case without the key turned and in the lock.
And that is the safety issue. GIVI designed the locks this way.

Cheers,
I read my post again and may not have been clear.. I have to have the key in unlock to take the v46 off, but the top can still be locked at the same time to prevent the lid opening. Neither button is functional without the key in the unlock position. I was trying to explain the top lid does not have to be unlocked to remove the case from the bike as didn't seem the case from a previous poster.. I thought he said the top lid had to be unlocked in order to unlock the case from the bike.. My bad..
Snownut is offline   Reply With Quote