Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #16
No False Enthusiasm
a quiet adventurer

Oddometer: 4,160
From Cycle World Website:

Quote:
2013 FZ8

Did we complain about the cheap-feeling suspension on the original FZ8 two years ago? Yes, we did, particularly its under-damped shock. For 2013, Yamaha addresses that concern by bolting on a rebound-adjustable shock wrapped in a stiffer spring. Up front, the inverted fork now lets you play with spring preload as well as compression and rebound damping.

A new muffler with brushed-aluminum-looking end cap and trim gives a more upscale look, while a new seat cover with a grippy top texture and faux suede side panels does the same. Sticker price is up $200, to $8890. Available in Matte Gray or Matte Black this coming February.
This is all I have found so far...

NFE
No False Enthusiasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #17
Mk5mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
Not really a ride review more like a it has new parts lets talk about it review
Mk5mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #18
macdoc
Canuck in Cairns

Oddometer: 226
FZ8 2013 is just brilliant - kid loves it and great price as they are being discontinued.

http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2013...xpected-magic/

[IMG][/IMG]

great riding position.
macdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #19
Killacurb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
There is no replacement for displacement! Get the fz1! Gen1 or gen2, there are a ton of aftermarket parts for them! There are great deals on used, low mile bikes as well.
Killacurb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:50 AM   #20
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,865
The FZ8 is already being discounted nicely. I suspect over time the last of them will be a steal.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #21
Killacurb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap View Post
The FZ8 is already being discounted nicely. I suspect over time the last of them will be a steal.
While the fz8 may become a steal I guess my point was it is still not a litre bike. And while there may be many mods for the fz8 non will give it the power of the one. So while the deals on an fz8 might be good they won't be as good as a 4-7 yr old litre bike that won't need a bunch of mods to try and gain the same hp.
Killacurb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:17 PM   #22
heinzrx
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killacurb View Post
While the fz8 may become a steal I guess my point was it is still not a litre bike. And while there may be many mods for the fz8 non will give it the power of the one. So while the deals on an fz8 might be good they won't be as good as a 4-7 yr old litre bike that won't need a bunch of mods to try and gain the same hp.
You're correct if your only criteria for a motorcycle is horsepower. But then, why stop at a wimpy 1,000 cc's?

Most people looking for FZ8s aren't looking for extra horsepower. A slip on for sound effects, possibly a Power Commander to fine-tune the map.
heinzrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:10 AM   #23
chadhargis
Too tall for sportbikes

Oddometer: 2,091
Dealers were flushing out the FZ8 when I was looking at an FZ-09. A brand new leftover FZ8 was going for under $6000....brand spankin' new with a full warranty.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #24
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,464
I considered getting a 2013 FZ8. local dealer was offering it for $6500 OTD. The local Kawasaki dealer had a new 2012 Versys for under $5500 OTD. I had a chance to ride both a Versys and FZ8 on a group ride. Although the FZ8 had much more power I thought the Versys was more comfortable and handled much better. I got the Versys. Still, for someone looking for more of a sport bike the FZ8 is a killer deal at the big discounts being offered.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:02 PM   #25
heinzrx
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I'm considering both (FZ8 and Versys) right now. Not sure what to pick but I think I'd be happy on either one. I'll probably end up with whatever I can get the best deal on when I'm in Seattle next month.

The other option is finding a gently used Honda 919. That was my last bike before moving to Juneau.

Decisions, decisions!
heinzrx is offline   Reply With Quote