Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #16
2tallnwide
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerphile View Post
I have a Russell seat being built for mine now. It is supposed to finish up next week. BMS (Rocky Meyer) has done a couple as well that have been well regarded.

The seat is truly miserable. How ever bad you think it is, it is much worse than that. I rode mine from Georgia to New York and back over back roads and I was standing up through every town I went through.
Please post up a pic, and write up of the Russell once it's broke in if you don't mind. I'm thinking bout the 700 for our RV trips, need something a little easier for me to get in and out of the back of the pickup without sacrificing too much of the fun factor..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkh6lrOfT4

2tallnwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #17
MsLizVt
pfft ...

Oddometer: 1,585
Continuation of thread-jack to welcome HighHope back to the fray ..

High Hope!

Can you get that Honda by Black Friday? I mean maybe we can have a repeat "White Friday (and Saturday)" like we did 5 years ago. You were there!

I must say, after just going back and looking for this post, that was a good thread from about this point on. Check it out everyone, it gets interesting.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...26#post5687726

Glad you're getting back on two wheels! As mentioned, you've been missed.

Hugs,

Liz

PS: Speaking of among the missing, anyone know what's up with Cordless, or hear from him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice_Rumble View Post
Credit to Fahlb for being able to capture this amazing picture showing the carnage they had to endure on "White Friday". You guys are truely hard core.

MsLizVt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #18
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tallnwide View Post
Please post up a pic, and write up of the Russell once it's broke in if you don't mind. I'm thinking bout the 700 for our RV trips, need something a little easier for me to get in and out of the back of the pickup without sacrificing too much of the fun factor..
Unfortunately, it will be quite a while before I can do this. I should have the seat by the end of next week, however, I am going to have to have surgery to repair a torn biceps tendon (distal) and the doc expects that I would not even be driving a car until mid-January. But I will definitely do so when I can get some time on it. It gripes me that it will finally be here and I won't be able to give it a test.

As far as the NC, since I have got it properly outfitted, this thing is growing on me every day. I wanted to build a lightweight long-distance machine since my 2012 trip to Alaska, the Yukon, and NWT on my R1150. I fought the weight of that bike the entire trip. But I believe that this bike is going to replace the BMW as my LD ride. I will re-purpose the R1150 for a BMW rally bike, If you can get over hauling ass, and upgrade a few of the budget items (suspension, seat, horn, lights) then this thing is a hoot. I get a kick out of what we consider a "slow" motorcycle though. It will do mid-13 second quarter miles. I remember when that would have been a hot car in high school.

It is also an advantage that it is made to run on regular gas which is often the only thing available and a 1 gallon RotoPax jug can get you an additional 70 miles down the road instead of 38 with one of the liter bikes.
beemerphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #19
High Hope OP
World's Best Dog

Oddometer: 8,064
Wow, this is so good to hear from the group from up north. Man, we've had some fun, and I can't believe the White Terror occurred five years ago...my son was 11, now he's driving . I'm not sure if I've ever been colder than that run over to Ms Liz's house at 8:00 am .

So, I've not even sat on an NC700X, but it is looking sweeter and sweeter. 2tallnwide, Bimmerphile, thanks for help too. Now you've gone and done it, right over the top.

The options list is appealing, hard bags, rack, 12v outlet, center stand, heated grips...so there's another $1k, on top of decent multi tires and maybe some suspension work.

But, this is less expensive than the Lamborghini I had my eye on, so it might just be the way to go.
High Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:52 AM   #20
captain crunch
huckleberry

Oddometer: 721
Chris, Looking forward to seeing your smiling face at a campfire.
Huck
Old 11-19-2012, 06:08 AM   #21
High Hope OP
World's Best Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunch View Post
Chris, Looking forward to seeing your smiling face at a campfire.
Huck
Hey Huck, hope all is well. We'll see how this Honda plan works out...maybe some springtime is in order?

PS I lost track of Cordell. I know he moved lock, stock and barrel to New Mexico, then returned with fewer locks, stocks and barrels, but he seemed happier upon his return. Cordless, are you out there in cyberspace, mon ami?
Old 11-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #22
Kaw4Life
Busted Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,407
You have been mentioned at nearly every event I have been to, will be good to see you again!

... which part you focus on is up to you.
Kaw4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #23
High Hope OP
World's Best Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw4Life View Post
You have been mentioned at nearly every event I have been to, will be good to see you again!
Hi Kaw!
Good to hear from you. So, what do you think about this automatic Honda? And word from other riders?
Old 11-28-2012, 03:24 AM   #24
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,531

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

~Augustine of Hippo
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #25
straightrod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerphile View Post
I have a Russell seat being built for mine now. It is supposed to finish up next week. BMS (Rocky Meyer) has done a couple as well that have been well regarded.

The seat is truly miserable. How ever bad you think it is, it is much worse than that. I rode mine from Georgia to New York and back over back roads and I was standing up through every town I went through.
Looking at the pillion seat lifted up for fueling I was wondering how bad it would be for a pillion? Has anyone ridden a pillion on this bike? Could the pillion section be modified to make it less of a bulge an more of a dish for a pillion or are these inquires just dumb questions?
straightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #26
Cordless
Two Wheel Addict

Oddometer: 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Hope View Post
Hey Huck, hope all is well. We'll see how this Honda plan works out...maybe some springtime is in order?

PS I lost track of Cordell. I know he moved lock, stock and barrel to New Mexico, then returned with fewer locks, stocks and barrels, but he seemed happier upon his return. Cordless, are you out there in cyberspace, mon ami?
Still checking in with some of the best people I have ever known. I am out there--in all ways.
Cordless is offline   Reply With Quote