ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2014, 07:54 AM   #1
treemuncher OP
Vegetation Terrorist

Oddometer: 289
FerrySTOC 5 May 15-18, 2014 Paris Landing SP Buchanan, TN

FerrySTOC 5

May 15-18, 2014
Paris Landing State Park

FerrySTOC 5 – Bringing long distance, cross country riders to the Paris Landing area as a base for local area riding and group camping. Meet Sport Touring and ADV riders who are passionate and serious about their riding. We ride a little further, a little faster and a little safer than typical motorcyclists. Once again, we anticipate the arrival of riders from places as far away as California, Florida, New York and everywhere in between. Heck, we might even have some Canadians join us again!

FerrySTOC started as an idea during a trip to the Blue Ridge Gathering in the Fall of ’09, an event on the ST-owners.com calendar. (STOC=ST Owners Club is a free, internet based riding club.) Why not have an event themed on the 4 rivers area and ride the ferries that cross those rivers? And ... just to play a little bit on the theme, let’s have a gothic based Tinkerbell fairy riding a motorcycle as our trademark. Why not bring more tourists into our local community? As time has passed, this event has grown a loyal following and expanded with suggested routes for the Adventure riders - riders who lust after gravel roads and back woods exploration in rural areas. With Land Between The Lakes just across the river, this event brings the ADV riders together with long distance sport touring riders, all in the name of fun.

FerrySTOC objectives include sport touring group rides using the Drop & Sweep method that allows mixed rider skills to ride together, comfortably, in the safety of a group without the worry of navigation. Expect 200+ mile rides on each day of group riding. Suggested ADV loops will be posted at the event. Pie and ice cream will be served Friday evening by the Paris Landing Seniors Club. Routes change annually so no one gets bored. One annual ride objective is famous Lambert’s Throwed Rolls in Sikeston, Missouri for the Friday lunch ride. The Dorena-Hickman Ferry is ridden across the Mississippi River on the way to Lambert’s when available. Our area also has a rich Civil War history, famous landmarks, wildlife refuges and more – there is something of interest for everyone to participate in.

All riders are welcome, regardless of make or model. We do ask that you wear full safety gear, ride within your personal abilities and limits of safety, absolutely NO DRUGS and please, no drinks until kickstands are down for the day. It’s all in the name of fun and getting to visit new friends from around the country.

More information is available at http://www.st-owners.com/forums/show...01-FerrySTOC-5 Please RSVP if you plan to attend so that we can be prepared with a head count. Remember to buy local and support our Paris Landing Tourism League that is nice enough to host this event.

I will provide the most up to date information at the http://www.st-owners.com/forums/show...01-FerrySTOC-5 link.

Please RSVP if you plan to attend so I can get an approximate headcount.

Hope to see some ADV riders join us this year. It's always a good time, rain or shine!

www.moonshine-run.com where real riders meet
treemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,114
Bump up for some interest!

Not sure if I can attend, CRAZY busy schedule this year, but I may be able to break away for a day. I sure hope to.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
treemuncher OP
Vegetation Terrorist

If any of you local boys would have an interest in leading a group gravel ride, please post up. I know of at least one attendee who wants to ride off pavement but he is not very familiar with the area.

I can/will provide some suggested loops for ideas. LBL and Stewart County are prominent in these loops and provide some of the best local riding to offer.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:08 AM   #4
clocklaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,887
I knew you would have a thread about this....I wish I could make it, we will see if we can get over there for Saturday or Sunday at least. My Ginger is getting a face lift right now so she is in parts, hope to have her back together this week.
clocklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:21 PM   #5
treemuncher OP
Vegetation Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by clocklaw View Post
I knew you would have a thread about this....I wish I could make it, we will see if we can get over there for Saturday or Sunday at least. My Ginger is getting a face lift right now so she is in parts, hope to have her back together this week.
You can always ride the FJR with us. Friday and Saturday will be Sport Touring rides that I will lead. Looks like Sandalscout might make it for Saturday to lead some ADV stuff. It should be a good time as it always is.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:34 PM   #6
max1138
unsentinent wanderer

Oddometer: 104
cool, Ill try to show up. its only a few hours from homebase. biggest question, the 1250FA or the KLR. prolly the FA.
max1138 is offline   Reply With Quote