ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2014, 09:23 AM   #1
Eddy Alvarez OP
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,275
2014 Morton's BMW Spring Fling Rally. May 16-18, Natural Bridge, Virginia

Morton's BMW is gearing up for the fourth annual Spring Fling Rally at Natural Bridge, Virginia, and registration is now open!

Last year hundreds of motorcycle enthusiasts and their significant others gathered to enjoy a weekend of great roads, good food, and terrific company. There will be a guided DS ride on Saturday morning with a spirted pace group and a relaxed pace group.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #2
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Morton's BMW is gearing up for the fourth annual Spring Fling Rally at Natural Bridge, Virginia, and registration is now open!

Last year hundreds of motorcycle enthusiasts and their significant others gathered to enjoy a weekend of great roads, good food, and terrific company. There will be a guided DS ride on Saturday morning with a spirted pace group and a relaxed pace group.
And if you want a copy of the DS ride, I have it on a Basecamp file and will be happy to e-mail it. I rode it last year and it was a VERY good time. Eddy makes for a great tour guide.
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #3
ToySldr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Damn it, I will be in the area that weekend, wish I had a bike to ride! Still waiting to take possession of my first BMW R1200 as soon as I get back to Hawaii.
ToySldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
Eddy Alvarez OP
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Just to be sure everyone understands, the route can be obtained in Basecamp form from Cliffy109 above. You are welcome, and encouraged, to enjoy the ride solo, or with your own group of friends, at your own pace!
The route consists of gravel, nice twisties, a little Blue Ridge Parkway and some scenic sweepers. There is a short section that is more challenging which involves several small stream crossings and a "beyond novice" gravel hill climb.

***The difficult section (Greyledge Rd) can easily be avoided by following the detour given in the instructions!***
Old 05-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,635
So far, I have sent out a half dozen copies of the gpx file for this ride. I can also send a copy of the route we are taking from Morton's BMW to Natural Bridge with a stop at Devil's Backbone Brewery for lunch. Should be a fun weekend.
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #6
Eddy Alvarez OP
Addicited to ALL bikes!

The Spring Fling is THIS weekend and the weather looks GREAT for Friday afternoon through Sunday!