ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #136
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
COXR650L's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by _CJ View Post
This could spell trouble for the Westfest crowd....

http://www.deerhammer.com/

He's an inmate on here and asked about being a Westfest Sponsor (free whisky), but I never heard back from him. I meant to try getting in touch with him again and honestly forgot all about it. I just sent another PM though
__________________
Dubinky.com Enduro, Trail, Dual-Sport and Adventure Riding Apparel.

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride

COXR650L screwed with this post 03-16-2013 at 06:41 PM
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #137
_CJ
Retrogrouch
 
_CJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: The 719, Yo.
Oddometer: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
He's an inmate on here and asked about being a Westfest Sponsor (free whisky), but I never heard back from him. I meant to try getting in touch with him again and honestly forgot all about it. I just sent another PM though
Sweeeet.

__________________
.
.
Moto since 2011, DR350
MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #138
docwyte
Studly Adventurer
 
docwyte's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Oddometer: 897
Just heard about this event, just started riding this month. I'm going to talk to my wife and see if I can get away, especially considering it's so close to Denver.

Are any of the cabins (or a bed in a cabin) still available? My back surgery precludes me from sleeping on the ground...
__________________
'06 KTM 640 Adventure
docwyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #139
_CJ
Retrogrouch
 
_CJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: The 719, Yo.
Oddometer: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwyte View Post
Just heard about this event, just started riding this month. I'm going to talk to my wife and see if I can get away, especially considering it's so close to Denver.

Are any of the cabins (or a bed in a cabin) still available? My back surgery precludes me from sleeping on the ground...
I reserved the last cabin (actually a yurt). Still have room for two people, three if two want to share the big bed. I'll be taking one of the single bunks. ~$25/night per person if we fill all the beds.

Send me a PM if you want to reserve a spot.
__________________
.
.
Moto since 2011, DR350
MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #140
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
COXR650L's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwyte View Post
Just heard about this event, just started riding this month. I'm going to talk to my wife and see if I can get away, especially considering it's so close to Denver.

Are any of the cabins (or a bed in a cabin) still available? My back surgery precludes me from sleeping on the ground...
It will be a great event for newer riders, a lot of support from the more seasoned guys and plenty of easier terrain to see some beautiful county. What kind of bike are you on, did you say somewhere else it was a BMW 650?
__________________
Dubinky.com Enduro, Trail, Dual-Sport and Adventure Riding Apparel.

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #141
binskies
Gnarly Adventurer
 
binskies's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by _CJ View Post
IN!

Also reserved the last cabin/yurt available. There's room for 2 more people (3 more if two share a bed). If anyone wants a warm dry place to sleep, instead of the cold unforgiving (possibly wet) ground of a tent, send me a PM to reserve your spot. $25/night if we fill all the beds.


pm sent...
__________________

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!"
binskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #142
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
COXR650L's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,396
Tent Camping

A lot of people have been getting cabins, RV spaces, etc and I think those are getting filled up.

The tent camping will be really nice for Westfest as well, up in the shrub oak, and about as close to "mountain" camping as you can get without being in the NF. The hill that is reserved for Westfest is not just a large field with tons of people stuffed in and tents everywhere, but very scenic and even with a lot of people it will seem very secluded. Plus espresso/coffee, a camp store and showers a few hundred yards away

The google earth overview shows how wooded the hill is and should give an idea of what a large space is set aside just for Westfest Tent Campers.






__________________
Dubinky.com Enduro, Trail, Dual-Sport and Adventure Riding Apparel.

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride

COXR650L screwed with this post 03-20-2013 at 09:37 AM
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #143
utahrpm1
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Oddometer: 5
Pre-registration required by when?

Hi Guys, I've been reading through the thread and wondered if there is a url page that summerized all the information in one place? Specifically, I'm planning to tent camp and want to know if there is a pre-registration deadline? Sounds like a great event! Thanks.
utahrpm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #144
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
COXR650L's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by utahrpm1 View Post
Hi Guys, I've been reading through the thread and wondered if there is a url page that summerized all the information in one place? Specifically, I'm planning to tent camp and want to know if there is a pre-registration deadline? Sounds like a great event! Thanks.
Hi, and welcome to Advrider.

There is an event overview and registration page set up at http://www.dubinky.com/index.php/events.

It gives all the major details of the event and you can register for the event and camping for Friday and Saturday Night.

I dont have a solid time line to cut off registration, it kind of depends on how fast the event fills up, so first come first serve

Either PM me or post up any questions here in the thread and Im more than happy to help out.



Also in addition to my above post regarding camping:

Westfest registration and tent camping is for Friday and Saturday Nights, but I would suggest you get in Thursday Night to get the most out of the event (have two full days during Westfest). If you call Arrowhead Point directly you can reserve a prime tent spot on the hill for Thursday night, and then stay in the same spot Friday and Saturday Night during the event as well
__________________
Dubinky.com Enduro, Trail, Dual-Sport and Adventure Riding Apparel.

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #145
utahrpm1
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Hi, and welcome to Advrider.

There is an event overview and registration page set up at http://www.dubinky.com/index.php/events.

It gives all the major details of the event and you can register for the event and camping for Friday and Saturday Night.

I dont have a solid time line to cut off registration, it kind of depends on how fast the event fills up, so first come first serve

Either PM me or post up any questions here in the thread and Im


more than happy to help out.



Also in addition to my above post regarding camping:

Westfest registration and tent camping is for Friday and Saturday Nights, but I would suggest you get in Thursday Night to get the most out of the event (have two full days during Westfest). If you call Arrowhead Point directly you can reserve a prime tent spot on the hill for Thursday night, and then stay in the same spot Friday and Saturday Night during the event as well
Thanks for the quick reply & link to the site! That answered most of my questions. Okay, I understand "first come, first served" so I'd like to get signed up (I saw the Paypal link). Not to be difficult, but what about a "cancellation policy"? Right now I'm delightfully unemployed, so I can definitely attend, but in the unlikely event I were to become re-employed (or whatever) and could not attend, how much prior to the event might you issue a refund? Many of the BMW rallies I attend have a 1 or 2 week prior cancellation policy, which seems reasonable. BTW, I appreciate how much work it is to host an event and want to thank you for making it possible.
utahrpm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #146
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
COXR650L's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by utahrpm1 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply & link to the site! That answered most of my questions. Okay, I understand "first come, first served" so I'd like to get signed up (I saw the Paypal link). Not to be difficult, but what about a "cancellation policy"? Right now I'm delightfully unemployed, so I can definitely attend, but in the unlikely event I were to become re-employed (or whatever) and could not attend, how much prior to the event might you issue a refund? Many of the BMW rallies I attend have a 1 or 2 week prior cancellation policy, which seems reasonable. BTW, I appreciate how much work it is to host an event and want to thank you for making it possible.
Sure, thats a fair question and I did not really think about it. How about a refund up to 2 weeks prior?

I'm glad to put on Westfest, I hope everyone has a blast. Thanks for the support!

Ben
__________________
Dubinky.com Enduro, Trail, Dual-Sport and Adventure Riding Apparel.

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #147
binskies
Gnarly Adventurer
 
binskies's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 174
Signed up and paid for Thursday through Sunday!!!
__________________

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!"
binskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #148
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
COXR650L's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by binskies View Post
Signed up and paid for Thursday through Sunday!!!
got you down, thanks!!!
__________________
Dubinky.com Enduro, Trail, Dual-Sport and Adventure Riding Apparel.

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #149
utahrpm1
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Sure, thats a fair question and I did not really think about it. How about a refund up to 2 weeks prior?

I'm glad to put on Westfest, I hope everyone has a blast. Thanks for the support!

Ben
2 weeks prior for cancellations, perfectly reasonable, thanks.
See you there.
utahrpm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #150
docwyte
Studly Adventurer
 
docwyte's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Oddometer: 897
Link isn't working to register...
__________________
'06 KTM 640 Adventure
docwyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014