ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #211
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,434
Konflict Suspension to Sponsor Westfest

Great News!!!!! Konflict Suspension will be sponsoring Westfest and donating a $350 gift certificate for use on any suspension service.

Konflict Suspension is active on ADVrider (Vendor Thread HERE) and works on everything from motorcross, enduro to adventure bikes like the BMW 800s and KTM 950's

Alex is more than happy to answer any questions about suspension work and is sure to have a solution custom made for each rider and bike.

Thanks to Alex for supporting Westfest!

COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #212
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,571
West Fest 2013 Tee shirts!

Thanks to Ernie Young (aka RhodeHazard), we have a very cool design this year that captures the essence of West Fest in our area.

PRE-ORDER your shirt to make sure there's one for you at the event!

As in years past, we're doing a pre-order page so that we don't have to guess at what sizes/ how many shirts to have. This works great, makes less waste, and makes sure more $$ goes to the site. The shirts will be delivered to the event, packaged with your name on it; pick them up in Buena Vista!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER WEST FEST TEES

There will be a limited number of extras for purchase at the event, but to insure that you get one, pre-order by July 29th!

Hayduke screwed with this post 06-06-2013 at 08:33 AM
Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #213
docwyte
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 929
Ordered a t shirt, are they going to be shipped or do we pick them up at the event?
Old 06-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #214
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwyte View Post
Ordered a t shirt, are they going to be shipped or do we pick them up at the event?
Pick up at the event! Thanks!

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #215
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks Duke and Ernie, I love the shirt designs Nice work

I added this post to the front of the thread as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
Thanks to Ernie Young (aka RhodeHazard), we have a very cool design this year that captures the essence of West Fest in our area.

PRE-ORDER your shirt to make sure there's one for you at the event!

As in years past, we're doing a pre-order page so that we don't have to guess at what sizes/ how many shirts to have. This works great, makes less waste, and makes sure more $$ goes to the site. The shirts will be delivered to the event, packaged with your name on it; pick them up in Buena Vista!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER WEST FEST TEES

There will be a limited number of extras for purchase at the event, but to insure that you get one, pre-order by July 29th!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #216
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr

Oddometer: 663
Just read through the thread. Likely going to be IN. I can't believe all the arrangements you have made Ben.

I need to call Arrowhead tomorrow to make sure I can pitch a tent somewhere Thursday night so I can hopefully ride in Taylor with somebody on Friday. My son, if he comes, will likely be a late arrival on Friday, sometime after dinner probably. Need to talk with him about it this weekend. We'd be mostly interested in ST. We've been to Taylor 3x but still alot we haven't done.

Thanks for putting this together!

Hey...there were some pics in the early pages of a couple yamahas and lots of rocks and a tree and some pushing. Was that on Timberline?
Old 06-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #217
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks Dave,

I hope you and Michael can make A lot of people will be getting in Friday so Im sure there will be several groups heading out to ride Friday AM. All the individual tent spaces are booked for Thursday, but if you call Cathy at 719-395-2323 she is letting people just fill in the top of the hill on Thursday, so plenty of room.

Are these the pictures you were talking about:

Its not on Timberline, I cant remember the trail name, but its on the south end of Taylor on the ridge west of Cement Creek. There is about a 2-3 miles section that was a real ass kicker on that one. Maybe Pablo or Raul remember what that was on

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac1 View Post
Just read through the thread. Likely going to be IN. I can't believe all the arrangements you have made Ben.

I need to call Arrowhead tomorrow to make sure I can pitch a tent somewhere Thursday night so I can hopefully ride in Taylor with somebody on Friday. My son, if he comes, will likely be a late arrival on Friday, sometime after dinner probably. Need to talk with him about it this weekend. We'd be mostly interested in ST. We've been to Taylor 3x but still alot we haven't done.

Thanks for putting this together!

Hey...there were some pics in the early pages of a couple yamahas and lots of rocks and a tree and some pushing. Was that on Timberline?
Old 06-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #218
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post

Its not on Timberline, I cant remember the trail name, but its on the south end of Taylor on the ridge west of Cement Creek. There is about a 2-3 miles section that was a real ass kicker on that one. Maybe Pablo or Raul remember what that was on
I hope somebody remembers where this is, so I can be sure to avoid it.

MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #219
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr

Oddometer: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by _CJ View Post
I hope somebody remembers where this is, so I can be sure to avoid it.

Thanks for the info Ben.

Yep...thats the pics. Sorry I was too lazy to grab one. Looks like alot of work...cuz I'd be pushing for sure... or sitting down
Old 06-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #220
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Backcountry Byways to Sponsor Westfest

Idaho-based Backcountry Byways LLC is "thrilled to support Westfest -- one of the premier events that is helping to grow the ADV community," says B.B. founder and principal Tony Huegel.

Tony is donating a free license ($199 value) to Backcountry Byways' comprehensive track file for its acclaimed Heart of the West Adventure Route.

Heart of the West ADV Route leads adventure riders on a grand loop through the wildlands of Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Wyoming and Utah -- traversing some of the most iconic landscapes in the American West.

For approximately 2,800 miles, backcountry travelers are immersed in the wilds of three geographic regions: the northern Rocky Mountains, the Colorado Plateau, and the Great Basin.

"Westfest," Tony says, "accomplishes a remarkable feat: bringing together ADV riders from across North America, helping us form the bonds that are the foundation of the adventure-riding community. We hope that sharing Heart of the West ADV Route helps Westfest continue to enrich the ADV experience."

Tony's Vendor Thread for the Heart of the West Route is HERE and the ride report that started the route can be read HERE

Thanks Tony for providing the key to a once in a life time ride through the best of the Western US.

COXR650L screwed with this post 06-07-2013 at 10:01 AM
Old 06-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #221
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

WESTFEST is an officially sanctioned Dual-Sport Rally by the American Motorcycle Association

COXR650L screwed with this post 06-08-2013 at 02:03 PM
Old 06-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #222
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,498
This just keeps getting better and better

many thanks to Ben, and the others, for all the hard work being done behind the scenes
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #223
Raul Duke
DROC

Oddometer: 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post

I believe that was on 409 towards CB. That trail has since been closed to our kind. I think there is video of that same ride somewhere too...

LOL... my commentary at the end of that video is great...
COHVCO
TPA

Raul Duke screwed with this post 06-07-2013 at 11:30 AM
Raul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #224
Raul Duke
DROC

Oddometer: 1,757
Here is some more good-ness from the same weekend...

That is on the N side of Mt Tilton between Taylor and CB. Fun stuff!
COHVCO
TPA
Raul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #225
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Duke View Post
I believe that was on 409 towards CB. That trail has since been closed to our kind.

Just amazing to me they would close that to MCs. There is not a Mountain Biker or Horse rider anywhere on the planet that would enjoy that trail, but it was perfect for motorcycles