ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #376
bikepikespeak.com
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
I sent out an email update. If anyone did not get it let me know.

Getting very close I hope those bikes are all up and running
Would you mind passing that along to me as well? I will be registering in the morning and probably heading out that way early afternoonish. Email is dylanscott@hotmail.com
bikepikespeak.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #377
Raul Duke
DROC

Oddometer: 1,757
Dylan - You do know its not this weekend, but next weekend, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepikespeak.com View Post
Would you mind passing that along to me as well? I will be registering in the morning and probably heading out that way early afternoonish. Email is dylanscott@hotmail.com
COHVCO
TPA
Raul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #378
bikepikespeak.com
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Duke View Post
Dylan - You do know its not this weekend, but next weekend, right?
Um I was literally going to load the motorcycle right now. Haha thanks or saving me Ryan. I'm losing my mind!!
bikepikespeak.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #379
JStory
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepikespeak.com View Post
Um I was literally going to load the motorcycle right now. Haha thanks or saving me Ryan. I'm losing my mind!!
Should have went anyway. I'm leaving tomorrow.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr Samuel Johnson.
JStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #380
Gerst
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
I just got next Friday off work! Count me in, PayPal to follow when I get home tonight.
Gerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #381
spdrcr
scrambling

Oddometer: 11
I see I missed the early registration(AND the tshirt ordering) , so can I just show up, pay the reg/camping fees onsight? And will there be room in the tenting area?

Thanks.
spdrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #382
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrcr View Post
I see I missed the early registration(AND the tshirt ordering) , so can I just show up, pay the reg/camping fees onsight? And will there be room in the tenting area?

Thanks.
Tell you what,

I will leave the registration prices as is until this SUNDAY. So just register through the main page. Maybe PM Hayduke and see if he has an extra shirt. Hopefully we'll see you there.

There will be room for anyone that shows up though, but it will be double the price so try and register today or tomorrow. If people do show up at the event go to the registration tent so we can get you signed up.

For anyone that did not get the update email I sent it out again. Let me know if I messed up AGAIN somehow, haha

COXR650L screwed with this post 08-03-2013 at 07:24 AM
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #383
scruffy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
In for registration only. I'm in Salida and plan on coming up to hang out and ride. If anyone arriving early wants to ride I might be be up for a ride on wednesday or thursday. Also looking forward to having a cocktail with Capt Rick.
scruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:09 AM   #384
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Tell you what,

I will leave the registration prices as is until this SUNDAY. So just register through the main page. Maybe PM Hayduke and see if he has an extra shirt. Hopefully we'll see you there.

There will be room for anyone that shows up though, but it will be double the price so try and register today or tomorrow. If people do show up at the event go to the registration tent so we can get you signed up.

For anyone that did not get the update email I sent it out again. Let me know if I messed up AGAIN somehow, haha
Double the price..I had thought this was amongst friends? Kind of a strict penalty for showing up.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #385
JStory
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,631
On my way.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr Samuel Johnson.
JStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #386
Identdoit
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Double the price..I had thought this was amongst friends? Kind of a strict penalty for showing up.
My thoughts exactly, I live in BV so not needing a tent space but at 2x the price
Old 08-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #387
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Identdoit View Post
My thoughts exactly, I live in BV so not needing a tent space but at 2x the price
So are either of you two planning on coming, if so just register now, or if there are mitigating circumstances send me a PM and we can certainly work something out.......

The problem I have is we have to have an idea of how many people are going to show up and I think giving people 4 days before the event is more than reasonable.

We can handle an extra 5-10, but if 10, 15, 20 additional people show up on Thursday/Friday it may void the event insurance, we will not have enough food, arrowhead point will not have enough food for the stuff they are providing, and all the planning will go down the drain and it will turn into a mess. So is it a penalty, no but it is motivation for people to register so I can plan accordingly.

I guess if this offends people we can do it another way, and just close registration on sunday

COXR650L screwed with this post 08-03-2013 at 02:33 PM
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #388
Oddfellow
Beasty Rider

Oddometer: 455
Looking for Welder in BV area

I'm coming up Thursday with a camper van and a light three rail trailer with two bikes in tow. I tweaked a rail on the trailer after RMAR and am in need of some light welding to repair it before I head home. Anybody know a good welder in BV? Right now the bikes are stowed at an inmates place and they will make the trip to BV just fine. I am concerned about the 900 miles home from BV though. I would like to get it fixed while at West fest. A stick welder should do the trick. Any recommendations?

'02 BMW R1150 GS Adventure SOLD
'05 Honda XR650R
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
Oddfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #389
skidxr
Excuses

Oddometer: 376
I'm in... Registered and paid up.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #390
Cyclenaut
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Is the trailer aluminum or mild steel ? I will be there Thursday, if it's steel, I may be able to borrow a portable welder and take care of it, or borrow equipment from a local....I don't have portable aluminum equipment, though....Brant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddfellow View Post
I'm coming up Thursday with a camper van and a light three rail trailer with two bikes in tow. I tweaked a rail on the trailer after RMAR and am in need of some light welding to repair it before I head home. Anybody know a good welder in BV? Right now the bikes are stowed at an inmates place and they will make the trip to BV just fine. I am concerned about the 900 miles home from BV though. I would like to get it fixed while at West fest. A stick welder should do the trick. Any recommendations?

- John Steinbeck
Cyclenaut is offline   Reply With Quote