Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #391
Oddfellow
Beasty Rider

Oddometer: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclenaut View Post
Is the trailer aluminum or mild steel ? I will be there Thursday, if it's steel, I may be able to borrow a portable welder and take care of it, or borrow equipment from a local....I don't have portable aluminum equipment, though....Brant
It's an old steel 3 railer, no aluminum in sight!

'02 BMW R1150 GS Adventure (Beasty)
'05 Honda XR650R (Mr. Bill)
'12 Sprinter Sportsmobile RB50 w/PH
Oddfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #392
greenramp
Airborne

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddfellow View Post
It's an old steel 3 railer, no aluminum in sight!
If it becomes an issue I can do it but it would require bringing it to Loveland after Westfest.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #393
spdrcr
scrambling

Oddometer: 10
In & paid!

My friend Dave and I will hopefully be able to get there by Friday morning to get in on all the fun!
spdrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #394
Identdoit
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Is the trailer aluminum or mild steel ? I will be there Thursday, if it's steel, I may be able to borrow a portable welder and take care of it, or borrow equipment from a local....I don't have portable aluminum equipment, though....Brant
PM me when you get in town and I will get you hooked up if you don't already have it taken care of.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #395
yzfcathy
Weeble

Oddometer: 1,180
YZFCathy & RPAGE11 are IN

We are late but IN for WESTFEST 2013.

Hoping to arrive late Thurs and be able to ride Fri-Sun with some of y'all.
We're trucking up our plated dirt bikes this time around. Mailny so we don't get suckered into Tellydoug's easy big bike ride up Tin Cup again. :-)

See everyone Thurs.

Cathy & Skip
Cathy's Dumb Solo Ride
The John Penton Story, Movie project
yzfcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #396
Identdoit
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
So are either of you two planning on coming, if so just register now, or if there are mitigating circumstances send me a PM and we can certainly work something out.......

The problem I have is we have to have an idea of how many people are going to show up and I think giving people 4 days before the event is more than reasonable.

We can handle an extra 5-10, but if 10, 15, 20 additional people show up on Thursday/Friday it may void the event insurance, we will not have enough food, arrowhead point will not have enough food for the stuff they are providing, and all the planning will go down the drain and it will turn into a mess. So is it a penalty, no but it is motivation for people to register so I can plan accordingly.

I guess if this offends people we can do it another way, and just close registration on sunday
I had no idea it involved all that. I just wanted to kick some money in for the trail efforts and ride with some new people. I wasn't in need of camping or food just wanna ride.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #397
Oddfellow
Beasty Rider

Oddometer: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Identdoit View Post
PM me when you get in town and I will get you hooked up if you don't already have it taken care of.
I should be in mid-afternoon Thursday. I'll pm you when I get in.

'02 BMW R1150 GS Adventure (Beasty)
'05 Honda XR650R (Mr. Bill)
'12 Sprinter Sportsmobile RB50 w/PH
Oddfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #398
Dukeryder

Oddometer: 7,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
I think quite a few are planning on taking dirt bikes. Like PatJ551 said, haul them to Taylor Park (25~30 mi.) or out to Four Mile (much closer). You'll need a CO OHV stickers, I know they sell them at the Taylor Park Outpost, not sure where u can buy them in BV.
I have the "sticker" that I picked up at the dealership in Loveland so I'm good to go there.

to the event organizers:

My dirtbike is in pieces as of right now, due to a leaking waterpump seal. Should've been good to go this weekend but the zook dealer in Boulder sold me the wrong seal now I'm waiting for another seal and more gaskets.

I may still make it (pending me getting it back up and running by Friday), but this DOUBLE entrance fee after today seems a bit ridiculous. I've been to a number of ADV "Rallies" back east (at least 3x to the scrub, once to No Clever Name and even Beast Feast at DWalt's/TR) and paying at the event was no big deal (and it sure as heck wasn't close to $90). I'm not trying to sound like a w h i n e r here but we're talking $360 vs $180 for a couple to show up for a weekend of camping and riding...

Dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #399
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,300
Thanks to everyone that has signed up so far, hopefully you got the email with some additional info.

Regarding the late entry fee. The registration fee (which is $45 and the other $45 is for camping) will be double at the door. So $90 without camping and $135 with camping.

I have no idea what things cost back east, but this is pretty inline with what the late entry fee is for most rallies out west from what I have seen. I cannot have a ton of un-ecpected people at the door and with this being 1.5-2hrs from the front range that is a possibility. This is to motivate people to register 4 DAYS before showing up so I can plan, and allow the campsite to plan as well.

As I said before, if there are mitigating circumstances and you want to come, but cant be sure yet, send me a PM and we can work something out.

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #400
Cyclenaut
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Identdoit View Post

Keep me posted...if you have equip but no welder, I'll be happy to lend my services....Brant

- John Steinbeck
Cyclenaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #401
Identdoit
Adventurer

Quote:
Keep me posted...if you have equip but no welder, I'll be happy to lend my services....Brant

It would appear that you have the repairs covered
Old 08-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #402
rinoman
Let's ride

Oddometer: 109
Thursday ride
I will be arriving at campside on Wednesday evening.
Anybody wants to join me on Thursday for all day ride?
I will be on KTM 500 EXC.
I like to leave for ride arond 8-9
Thx
Old 08-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #403
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukeryder View Post
I may still make it (pending me getting it back up and running by Friday), but this DOUBLE entrance fee after today seems a bit ridiculous.
I don't understand why people are complaining about this. For the last 3 WestFest events in Colorado, registration has CLOSED a week or two before the event. This means that if you didn't plan a week or two in advance, you couldn't attended at all.

This event is very difficult to organize. Can we stop complaining about this and maybe appreciate some of the work Ben has put into the event?

Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #404
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,813
Since there are peeps that have to fig food etc. I dont think 90.00 is out of line...Just makes me a knucklehead for not signing up earlier.......135.00for a weekend of fun seems reasonable to me and let me tell you I have spent 45.00 on much worse errors in judgement
Besides I may come early and stay late so that is some more money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Thanks to everyone that has signed up so far, hopefully you got the email with some additional info.

Regarding the late entry fee. The registration fee (which is $45 and the other $45 is for camping) will be double at the door. So $90 without camping and $135 with camping.

I have no idea what things cost back east, but this is pretty inline with what the late entry fee is for most rallies out west from what I have seen. I cannot have a ton of un-ecpected people at the door and with this being 1.5-2hrs from the front range that is a possibility. This is to motivate people to register 4 DAYS before showing up so I can plan, and allow the campsite to plan as well.

As I said before, if there are mitigating circumstances and you want to come, but cant be sure yet, send me a PM and we can work something out.
I like to Bitch and Moan!
wayno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #405
yzfcathy
Weeble

Oddometer: 1,180
Single track

Some questions about the single track ride options. First of all I will be rejetting with a JD jet kit. Can I just follow the kit directions or is there any jets I should have on hand for the very high altitudes?

Next is fuel requirements. My 525 has a 3.2 IMS Tank with about 110 mile range but my wee little 200 2T has a 2.9 with about an 80 mile range.

Should I just ride the 525 and not sweat running out of fuel or are the rides little tank friendly?

I am IN for the single track rides regardless. The more challenging the better.
:-)
Cathy's Dumb Solo Ride
The John Penton Story, Movie project
yzfcathy is offline   Reply With Quote