Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #31
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,058
Pulled the trigger! Rode home tonight on my new v-strom 650 adventurer! Paid a little more than 2 other offers, but was able to get 0% financing. I'm committed to keeping it for 5 years to see the savings, but I don't think that's going to be a problem

It's big! I've been riding a rebel and a xt250 - you can get away with doing some pretty sloppy things with those bikes. I'm going to have to retrain myself to really watch it when coming to a stop. The bike was a little intimidating riding home, I'm sure I'll get used to it pretty fast. It's so smooooooth......

If it doesn't rain tomorrow - then, well, you know!!!

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #32
ArmSC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Grats on the new bike! I think you're going to like it...big change from a rebel.
ArmSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #33
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,381
Oh congrats on the new bike. I love my strom. Wish I could get a new one.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #34
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,114
"It's big!"

Congrats on the new bike! If height feels like a problem, there's a lower seat option from Suzuki (at least in Europe, about US I'm not certain).. and also the front&rear suspension can be dropped about 1-1.5 inches.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:00 AM   #35
Jake Mountain
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
A local dealer has the 2012 Adventure advertised for $7899
Jake Mountain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:03 AM   #36
ph0rk
Doesn't Care

Oddometer: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Mountain View Post
I've seen a dealer in NC refer to the orange standard dl650 as "adventure" on cycletrader, so it is probably a standard dl650 at that price.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #37
ENDODB4
b00n

Oddometer: 342
vstrom deal

As of Dec 1st Suzuki brought back 0 down for 60 months on bikes! that's free money! I'm a dealer so feel free to contact me w questions. I will be getting mine this month!!
ENDODB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #38
todd900ss
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDODB4 View Post
As of Dec 1st Suzuki brought back 0 down for 60 months on bikes! that's free money! I'm a dealer so feel free to contact me w questions. I will be getting mine this month!!
Is that on 2012 or 2013 bikes?
todd900ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #39
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue

Quote:
Wow! I am sooo glad you posted. When I bought the bike I was lead to believe that the shop owners had started their own financing and if I paid another $330 I could "get" 0%. Hmmmm, misleading shithead salesperson. So, I just got on the Suzuki website and as you mentioned my bike falls under the sale. I just called them and said I would be made happy, and mentioned several times that I live local, if they gave me the $330 + tax back. I told them they could give store credit, that would be fine. Thank you so much! I almost got seriously played.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #40
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue

OK, just got off the phone with the sales manager and they're going to give me a gift card for $356. Still pissed. Still almost got played. Asshole sales person.....at least the sales manager made right once they were caught. The sales guy also told me, when I first called, that the finance guy would call me back in a few minutes. After more than a few minutes I called the finance guy and the a.hole salesman hadn't even talked to him.

I'm going down to pick up my gift card today, order a new helmet and then get everything else at Cyclegear or online.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #41
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
"It's big!"

Congrats on the new bike! If height feels like a problem, there's a lower seat option from Suzuki (at least in Europe, about US I'm not certain).. and also the front&rear suspension can be dropped about 1-1.5 inches.
Cool. I'm going to ride it for a little while and see how I do. My uncle was just over - all he had to say was "that thing's huge!"

Wish I could talk him into buying the Rebel

Old 12-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #42
ENDODB4
b00n

Oddometer: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bike View Post
Wow! I am sooo glad you posted. When I bought the bike I was lead to believe that the shop owners had started their own financing and if I paid another $330 I could "get" 0%. Hmmmm, misleading shithead salesperson. So, I just got on the Suzuki website and as you mentioned my bike falls under the sale. I just called them and said I would be made happy, and mentioned several times that I live local, if they gave me the $330 + tax back. I told them they could give store credit, that would be fine. Thank you so much! I almost got seriously played.

Yea no charge for 0 percent for 5 yrs and that does cover 2012 and 13 bikes. looks like someone tried to clip ya! good eye!! Up until Dec 1st they still had 0 for four yrs!!
ENDODB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #43
pike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Mountain View Post
Which one?
Old 12-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #44
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue

Quote:
Yea no charge for 0 percent for 5 yrs and that does cover 2012 and 13 bikes. looks like someone tried to clip ya! good eye!! Up until Dec 1st they still had 0 for four yrs!!
I want to thank you again! I would have been blissfully ignorant if you hadn't posted!

Got home a little while ago. Got my $356 gift card and went to order the new helmet I wanted. $485 on Revzilla, they wanted $530. Told the salesperson that I would buy it online and look around the store for something else. She was there the night before, knew I had a new bike and told me that you get 10% off the day you buy a new bike. Since I just gotten the bike she gave me the 10% - yay. Helmet, same price as Revzilla. Sales a.h. didn't say anything about the store discount......... Also, when sales a.h. was going over the bike outside he looked at the gas gauge and said "oh no, the guys in the back didn't give you a full tank of gas!" "Just come back anytime and we'll fill you up"
So, I rode around back on my way out today and got my top off. The mechanics at first wanted to talk to the inside guys, but then went ahead and filled it up. Overall, it was a satisfying, for me, 45 minutes at the dealership.

I saw the sales a.h. went I walked in. He looked over my way, but all that friendly smiley stuff from the night before was definitely gone! He didn't walk over, probably knew it would be a bad idea with other customers in the shop. Good thing for them they chose to deal with this over the phone.

So, 10% off accessories, $356 gift card and 3/4 tank of gas.

I bought my first bike at this shop. Got a very fair deal. I've taken my bike in for service and a tire install. Service department was fine (but a little pricey - we have few options around here, I'm still learning how to do stuff myself).

I can't remember in all of the times I've bought cars and one other bike ever dealing with such a lying sack of

OK, whew, got that out! I'm done

Old 12-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #45
Jake Mountain
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by pike View Post
Which one?
I done remember but they were advertising it on Charlotte CL and showed a pic and gave a discription on the Adventure model. I just looked and the ad is no longer on Charlotte CL
Jake Mountain is online now   Reply With Quote