User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 08:39 AM   #1
Shepski OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
650 Burgman Executive V My Honda 600 Silverwing

Managed to get a go on a 2009 Suzuki 650 Burgman Executive today for a long test ride. Very nice bike. I rode my Silverwing to the dealers and back again, so i was able to get a straight back to back comparison, just my opinion

Suzuki Burgman 650

Better Wind protection, but not around the legs, but in all fairness my Silverwing has the optional Honda leg wind deflectors fitted, good windscreen which is electronically adjustable, better transmission it immediately goes and with no snatch when you apply the throttle, Heated seat is fantastic as are the optional heated grips, good mirrors and instrumentation, more legroom and more relaxed riding position less cramped, very smooth engine, slightly better seat. Very easy bike to ride and manoeuvre it carries its weight very well.

Honda 600 Silverwing

Better suspension on rougher roads this was really noticeable, better brakes as well, performance to me seemed very similar, the Burgman is smoother, but the Silverwing feels just as quick. Preferred the engine braking on the Silverwing, and the fuel filler position! to me as a confirmed Suzuki fan, the Honda still felt as if it had the higher build quality, but the Burgman is also very good.

Overall they are very similar, the Burgman is bigger and smoother, handles better, and is fast. The Silverwing feels more taught, more dense, handles poor quality roads better, has the better brakes, and is fast. It was more sporty, and feels somewhere between the Burgman 650 and the T Max 530 that i rode last year.

Both are really great bikes