Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #31
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,608
I would likely replace every bike I have ever owned with something different EXCEPT for this one:

If this one were stolen I would replace it with one just like it. I will have this one or one like it all my days. (others can come and go)

DAKEZ screwed with this post 11-26-2012 at 09:32 PM
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #32
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,634
Yes and no . . Yes, I'd get another Multistrada but no, not the base model I have, I'd pony up for a Pikes Peak

JNRobert screwed with this post 11-27-2012 at 03:14 AM
JNRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #33
theWolfTamer
Lupie on a Mission

Oddometer: 395
I wrecked mine in Jan 2011. I really like my gen1 FZ1 and the wreck made me realize it was time to move some stuff from the I'd like to list to the get it done list. I like the bike even more now that I did the mods. For me, everything I test ride doesn't do that much more to make me consider getting a new bike; plus i find that style of bike the most comfortable. If it got totalled/stolen, I'd likely get another Gen1 but the Skunk.

Check out theWolfTamer Chronicles, my blog about my motorcycle life
theWolfTamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #34
Andy_P
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
I had my triumph sprint st stolen, replaced it with the same bike. Ticked all the boxes at the time. I still ride it, and still enjoy it, and in fact will be doing a big tour on it in about 3 weeks.

However, my interests in riding are changing, especially since I bought the DR650. To be honest, if the sprint got stolen today, I dont think I would replace it. I think now, I would keep the DR, and maybe buy a Laverda Jota, something I have lusted over for a while now. My DR is a commuter, and it seems to be getting more use on the weekends too. The sprint, well its just a fun bike, and I am happy to move onto the next fun bike now.
Andy_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:01 AM   #35
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 6,329
Current bike, a 2009 TU250, yes, in fact, I bought a 2nd bike as a spare, it was a salvage bike so it was cheap.
I would not have gotten many others over the years, only a few, the first model honda xl250 was great, the 1979 Triumph Bonneville special was a bike I would buy today, the new ones not.
I might have gotten another early xt250, it was a good basic dual sport.
I would not mind having another dr650.

Nothing else out of all the other bikes I have had, although many were fun and good bikes.
Its got to be very good for me not to look around for something better/different.
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #36
DanAllen
ha-HAA

Oddometer: 80
My DRZ400sm was stolen back in Feb, 2 months later I bought another one.

On the other hand, if my '12 V-strom 650 were to be stolen, I would not buy another. It's not a bad bike at all, it just dosen't fit me very well. I would look pretty hard at a ducati hyperstrada as it's replacement.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #37
L.B.S.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
I would likely replace every bike I have ever owned with something different EXCEPT for this one:

If this one were stolen I would replace it with one just like it. I will have this one or one like it all my days. (others can come and go)

What a beauty!

I've never heard a Harley with a "normal" aftermarket exhaust pipe. I've only heard stock, the always horrible generic shotgun pipes, or the buell model muffler thingies.

Funny, I love the sound of stock mufflered Harleys, but the worst sound I can think of in the entire world, is a Hog with those freaking hideous open pipe brapping blat blat pipes. Ugh!

Intrigued by what a carbon canned 2-1 would sound like!
L.B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #38
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,038
Nah. I like both of my bikes just fine, but replacing it with exactly the same thing is a missed opportunity IMHO.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #39
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 99,254
I'd spring for another DR650 if she blew up. It does everything I want it to do. I doubt if anyone would want to steal it.

Wish the Jimney were available stateside.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #40
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.B.S. View Post
What a beauty!

Funny, I love the sound of stock mufflered Harleys, but the worst sound I can think of in the entire world, is a Hog with those freaking hideous open pipe brapping blat blat pipes. Ugh!

Intrigued by what a carbon canned 2-1 would sound like!

It sounds deep... It is surprising how quiet (NOT obnoxious) it really is. The huge bonus it it shaved 29lbs. off the bike.

DAKEZ screwed with this post 11-27-2012 at 04:48 PM
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #41
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,769
Something different, for sure.
I like playing musical bikes.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #42
L.B.S.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
It sounds deep... It is surprising how quiet (NOT obnoxious) it really is. The huge bonus it it shaved 29lbs. off the bike.

109 RWHP / 99FTLBS torque.

oof!

nom nom nom
L.B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #43
2tallnwide
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,340
Never have before, probably wouldn't again, just hope I don't have to find out ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkh6lrOfT4

2tallnwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #44
roadstar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 362
I replace my newer bikes every 4 years , so if someone stole my 2010 RT i`d just look for something else .
roadstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #45
Podman
Rocketman

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_csquare View Post
Yes, my ZX14 is an 06 model. It is quite striking in red. I have become addicted to the grunt, and I find it quite comfortable to ride as well. I am with you though on a lighter, more nimble replacement, and a KTM Superduke or 990 SMT would also be high on my shopping list. Where I live, the risks and consequences of exploring the full capabilities of the ZX14 on public roads have just become too great. We also have lots of winding back roads in our area, and something like the KTM is better suited to those environments.
Have both a SD and a SMT. SD for around town and shorter trips the SMT for everything else plus what the SD can do. Why both? Ride a SD and you will have your answer.
Podman is offline   Reply With Quote