Old 12-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #31
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,121
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Wheeled 'Tard View Post
Man, what a thread full of haters.

Most of the other bikes people are comparing it to cost 50% more, closer to $10,000. The appeal of this bike is fun performance at an excellent price point. I can't figure out why the US has this whole penis-compensation thing going on where people insist on big engines.
Couldn't agree more... So often people think they need as many cc's as they can get, I bet this KTM would embarrass 95% of Harleys to 60mph. I ride a WR250r and a lot of people assume it's top speed is 65 mph when it is actually around 85 mph. How many times have you seen someone buy as a first bike a bike that is way to much and ends up as a one time purchaser and puts a whopping 900 miles on said bike in 4 years only to sell it and never ride again.

Some of us can't afford a $10,000 bike... I see these new price point entry level bikes as nothing but good for the motorcycle community. It brings more people to the market, and more of these people will stay and buy better bikes. It also offers options for those of us who want a 2nd bike for some other purpose and don't need or even want a higher end larger cc bike
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997633
byron555 is offline   Reply With Quote