Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #16
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario33 View Post
I dont like flip-down sunscreens. They can cut your nose out while in a fall. And falls are quite expectable while off the road. Not that I wish it for anyone... Just my 2 cents.
How would they cut your nose? My nolan N90 flip down sunscreen did not lock, so it would move up easily by pushing up with my finger.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #17
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
How would they cut your nose? My nolan N90 flip down sunscreen did not lock, so it would move up easily by pushing up with my finger.
I've got the same wonder.
1. If the helmet pivots on your head enough to drive the internal visor into your nose, you need to find a different helmet - the fit sucks.
2. The internal visor does not lock down and there is nothing to hold it in place. I can move the visor of my 103 with a flick of the forefinger.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #18
pingvin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario33 View Post
I dont like flip-down sunscreens. They can cut your nose out while in a fall. And falls are quite expectable while off the road. Not that I wish it for anyone... Just my 2 cents.
Had 4 helmets with integrated sun visors and crashed with all 4, 3 of them big crashes writing off bikes (it's a reason why I've had 4) and 3 of the crashes with sun visor down. No problems with my big-ish nose at all Not saying it' couldn't happen but least of my worries in a crash...
1981 Husqvarna 420 AE
pingvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #19
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingvin View Post
...but least of my worries in a crash...
This.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #20
LoneStar OP
WhoopDeDoofus

Oddometer: 1,215
Have had some quality riding time with the helmet and must say I'm very happy. It fits my head perfectly and is very comfortable. At 70 mph, the helmet exhibits less of the effects of buffeting than my other helmets and I've had no issues at all with visor lift at high speed. I have tilted my head back at 75 mph and the visor doesn't catch air. The shield stays in its positions at 70-75.

Venting may flow less than the XD - if the shield is open it blocks the forehead vent so it doesn't flow as much.

Without the chin curtain in, a lot of air flows up into the front so when the temps dropped it was noticeable

Pingvin, you'll be happy to know I experienced the sunscreen/nose issue today. After working it a few times, it seemed to loosen a little and finally locked into place just a bit lower than previously and in high wind or if I tilted my head up slightly it contacted my nose. I may dremel out the nose slot a little bit or just leave it up a little. I could see how it could be an issue under the right conditions.

Have not tested it in rain yet.

I think I finally got lucky and found a great helmet for my head shape and riding setup
Will go ahead and order a couple of spare shields methinks... heck I might order another helmet and stash it away seems like every time I find something good they change it or stop making them
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:08 AM   #21
pingvin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
Happy you found a helmet that fit you, that's what matters
1981 Husqvarna 420 AE
pingvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #22
d33t
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Hi. I have Nolan N84 helmet and it has an issue with pinlock: during process of visor opening or closing, pinlock touches rubber compactor (?) *rubber strip on the perimeter of viewport (eye-port)* and after several time begins to scratch the main visor and itself. This helmet had same problem?

This question is mostly addressed to people who had used this helmet for some time

P.S. sorry for my English
d33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #23
RomaDakota
Illuminatus!

Oddometer: 1,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by d33t View Post
Hi. I have Nolan N84 helmet and it has an issue with pinlock: during process of visor opening or closing, pinlock touches rubber compactor (?) *rubber strip on the perimeter of viewport (eye-port)* and after several time begins to scratch the main visor and itself. This helmet had same problem?
This question is mostly addressed to people who had used this helmet for some time
P.S. sorry for my English
Здравствуйте д33т,
Нет. Царапины, не проблема.

PS - sorry for my Russian
Old 01-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #24
d33t
Adventurer

RomaDakota, thanks :)

And one more question: is it possible to breath normal in this helmet when riding offroad? In N84 it was mostly impossible even with all vent's and visor fully opened, because amount of air in helmet was very small. In AFX FX-39 (last time i rode in this helmet) it was a much easier to breath and and only in very difficult situations became not enough oxygen.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:04 AM   #25
ducatirdr
Re-entry Noob

Oddometer: 121
Figures I find the features I'm looking for in a helmet not available in the US. The FC-Moto price is $494 shipped to the US. Kind of stuck if the size is off. I guess I'll wait and see if it makes it to the US market this year. I know how to speed up that process. I'll buy another helmet and BOOM the Nolan will be shipping from US sources for hundreds less.
2000 Ducati 996S - No reason
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #26
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,597
I'm still curious to know how well the peak blocks the sun. Is it like the Shoei (which gives little to no shade on the eyes) or like the Arai which does a great job and they even realized they needed black tape on the bottom to further reduce glare.

I guess it is a moot point anyway since they don't ship to the US. My head is a tweener... right between L and XL depending on the brand.
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #27
LoneStar OP
WhoopDeDoofus

Ducatirdr for sure

Cliffy - at it's highest position it is slightly lower than the Shoei and at it's lowest goes further down than the XD3. Visor/Peak is excellent.

When I bought mine the price was a little over $300, which was a STEAL for the quality of the helmet. I haven't priced it in a month but if it's $500 shipped they've really gone up

BTW, when you look at the price in US dollars on the site, it includes VAT, but when you put it in the cart it knocks the VAT off which is about $61. I also used the DHL shipping which was about $20 vs $50-60 for UPS
Old 02-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #28
d33t
Adventurer

Sorry for annoying, but still: is this helmet suitable for off-road riding? It looks more road-oriented than similar helmets of other manufacturers.

And one more question: it comes without pinlock?

P.S. i try to make decision between this helmet and AGV AX8 DS EVO
Old 02-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #29
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post
I'm still curious to know how well the peak blocks the sun. Is it like the Shoei (which gives little to no shade on the eyes) or like the Arai which does a great job and they even realized they needed black tape on the bottom to further reduce glare.

I guess it is a moot point anyway since they don't ship to the US. My head is a tweener... right between L and XL depending on the brand.
Actually, they do ship to the US, DHL or UPS. UPS costs 2x more, but in reading other threads regarding FC Moto, it seems to be a more reliable option.
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #30
LoneStar OP
WhoopDeDoofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by d33t View Post
Sorry for annoying, but still: is this helmet suitable for off-road riding? It looks more road-oriented than similar helmets of other manufacturers.

And one more question: it comes without pinlock?

P.S. i try to make decision between this helmet and AGV AX8 DS EVO
Mine included the pinlock shield with tabs

Sorry for the crappy pics:

Loving this helmet