ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #106
Steveo.
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary
Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
I don't mind putting miles on it, in fact, I would rather be putting miles on it than hiding from the snow
Congrats on the bike! Now it's time to call Jeff at Monsterparts.com to get some mirrors and exhaust for it. The stock mirrors vibrate so much they're not usable ( and they're ugly) and the exhaust cans look ridiculous. Check with Jeff and he'll get you set up. Enjoy! ....Steve
Steveo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #107
PhilB
Beastly Adventurer
 
PhilB's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
I don't mind putting miles on it, in fact, I would rather be putting miles on it than hiding from the snow
Miles is what they are for. Mine has over 200K on it, so far. (It's the 0th anniversary edition.)

PhilB
__________________
1993 Ducati M900 Monster "Patina" (236,000 miles, so far) -- 1995 Ducati M900 (wife's bike) -- 1972 Honda CB450 (daughter's bike) -- 1979 Vespa P200 (daughter's scoot) -- 1967 Alfa Romeo GT Jr. (1300cc) -- 1964 Vespa GS160 (160cc 2-stroke) -- 1962 Maicoletta scooter (275cc 2-stroke) -- 1960 Heinkel Tourist 103A1 scooter "Elroy" (175cc 4-stroke)
PhilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #108
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd
 
fifthcircle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Knee deep in diapers, Nebraska.
Oddometer: 5,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo. View Post
Congrats on the bike! Now it's time to call Jeff at Monsterparts.com to get some mirrors and exhaust for it. The stock mirrors vibrate so much they're not usable ( and they're ugly) and the exhaust cans look ridiculous. Check with Jeff and he'll get you set up. Enjoy! ....Steve
I like my mirrors. They are round, cuz it's a special edition. Retro bitches! If they vibrate too much, I can always try the chrome rectangle ones I have from my 81 KZ750. That'd look SWEET!!! That would require me taking one off of the DRZ though, and then what do I put on that? (this is actually true, and it bugs my riding buddy, flyrodder, something fierce!)

The exhaust doesn't look that bad to me. The can's are a bit big, but all the aftermarket ones are too. The only one's I've seen that look smaller are the Leo Vince GP EVO II

No mention of the tail tidy? I figured that was the first thing everyone does. I might leave the big ass "mud guard" on it.... I like to be "that guy".


Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
Miles is what they are for. Mine has over 200K on it, so far. (It's the 0th anniversary edition.)

PhilB
200k miles? WOW!
__________________
“If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, triathlon must have taken Him completely by surprise.” P. Z. Pearce

fifthcircle screwed with this post 01-30-2013 at 08:13 PM
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #109
BobPS
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BobPS's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Oddometer: 235
Nice bike you have there fifithcircle Is that the 20th anniv edition?
I also bought mine without any prior test ride ... I had never ridden a monster until one was delivered at home
BobPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:28 AM   #110
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd
 
fifthcircle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Knee deep in diapers, Nebraska.
Oddometer: 5,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPS View Post
Nice bike you have there fifithcircle Is that the 20th anniv edition?
I also bought mine without any prior test ride ... I had never ridden a monster until one was delivered at home
Cheers. Yes, 20th anniversary edition 796. #75 of 200.

Sent from my fat thumbs on a small touch screen.
__________________
“If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, triathlon must have taken Him completely by surprise.” P. Z. Pearce
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #111
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
Nice bike.




Good luck finding an appropriate road.
Mean!
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #112
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd
 
fifthcircle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Knee deep in diapers, Nebraska.
Oddometer: 5,647
Grainbelt is correct though. Corners are few around here.... but the Loess Hills of Western Iowa are only an hour away.


Since this is now the monster Monster thread. Let's talk.
I have the new one, and have seen quite a bit about some "lean fueling" issue. Is this just the stock fuel mapping to pass emissions stuff? I'm not going to spend money on exhaust (at least for now), but I could get an air filter and computer tuning if it is warranted. I would imagine I will decide after I put a few miles on it. C'mon SPRING!!
__________________
“If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, triathlon must have taken Him completely by surprise.” P. Z. Pearce
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #113
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
I have the new one, and have seen quite a bit about some "lean fueling" issue. Is this just the stock fuel mapping to pass emissions stuff? I'm not going to spend money on exhaust (at least for now), but I could get an air filter and computer tuning if it is warranted. I would imagine I will decide after I put a few miles on it. C'mon SPRING!!
You're getting the exhaust.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #114
OConnor
Bad juju
 
OConnor's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Midwest
Oddometer: 3,529
Anyone have any numbers on Ducatis shipped to the USA? I would think almost any Ducati is a somewhat limited edition here. I see about two per year in my area.
__________________
2013 Husky TR650
2008 GSX1250N
1990 HD Ultra Classic
2000 SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #115
rocker59
diplomatico di moto
 
rocker59's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: The Trans-Mississippi
Oddometer: 15,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
Anyone have any numbers on Ducatis shipped to the USA? I would think almost any Ducati is a somewhat limited edition here. I see about two per year in my area.
About 10,000 for North America.

source


Mass produced consumer disposables, compared to Moto Guzzi.

Rare exotic collectibles compared to Honda or Harley.

__________________
Rocker59 (aka guzzimike), Aux Arcs (NW Arkansas)
Moto Guzzi Sport 1100
IBA #24873
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #116
OConnor
Bad juju
 
OConnor's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Midwest
Oddometer: 3,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker59 View Post
About 10,000 for North America.

source


Mass produced consumer disposables, compared to Moto Guzzi.

Rare exotic collectibles compared to Honda or Harley.

Yup, I see more HD's here than all other makes put together.
__________________
2013 Husky TR650
2008 GSX1250N
1990 HD Ultra Classic
2000 SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #117
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.
 
dirtydeeds's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Calgary, AB, Can
Oddometer: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
Let's talk.
I have the new one, and have seen quite a bit about some "lean fueling" issue.
A friend of mine fixed it the cheap way. He disconnected the O2 sensor. Bike ECU went into trouble mode -which makes air/fuel mix richer. He said it behaved much better at lower RPMs and idle.
__________________
990SMT, 640A, TXC450, TE510, ATC350X, ATC200ES, 550MXC, BW200. Need more space in garage.
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #118
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here
 
Emperor Norton's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: North of Alcatraz
Oddometer: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
Anyone have any numbers on Ducatis shipped to the USA? I would think almost any Ducati is a somewhat limited edition here. I see about two per year in my area.
In the summer around here there's almost as many Ducs as Harleys.
__________________
Pics of whatever/where ever http://joee.smugmug.com
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.
Emperor Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #119
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd
 
fifthcircle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Knee deep in diapers, Nebraska.
Oddometer: 5,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydeeds View Post
A friend of mine fixed it the cheap way. He disconnected the O2 sensor. Bike ECU went into trouble mode -which makes air/fuel mix richer. He said it behaved much better at lower RPMs and idle.
I guess whatever works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDuck View Post
In the summer around here there's almost as many Ducs as Harleys.
I think it has to do with where you live, and furthermore, where you are riding.
The Ducati shop in Omaha has done an amazing job getting a lot of people riding them. Lot's of folks doing track days (I get a free track day with my bike purchase). We also have a European Bike Night once a month here in Lincoln, NE. You would be amazed at how many Ducati's show up.

But on the average summer ride, all you seem to see is HD. To each their own.
__________________
“If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, triathlon must have taken Him completely by surprise.” P. Z. Pearce
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #120
hillbillypolack
Grumpy Old Goat
 
hillbillypolack's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Lidsville
Oddometer: 6,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
Grainbelt is correct though. Corners are few around here.... but the Loess Hills of Western Iowa are only an hour away.


Since this is now the monster Monster thread. Let's talk.
I have the new one, and have seen quite a bit about some "lean fueling" issue. Is this just the stock fuel mapping to pass emissions stuff? I'm not going to spend money on exhaust (at least for now), but I could get an air filter and computer tuning if it is warranted. I would imagine I will decide after I put a few miles on it. C'mon SPRING!!

AFAIK, Termignonis are accepted Ducati accessories and don't negate the warranty. Check up on this, and when/if you get an exhaust make sure it's running with a good fuel / air ratio so you don't risk engine damage.
__________________
I found Jesus. He was behind the sofa the whole time.

1996 M900 2012 GS 2008 Megamoto 2008 S2R
2006 HP2e
hillbillypolack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014